PREGAME: Rd 16 vs GWS

Demonland

1 minute ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

It was the turning point of the game. We had a 6 or 7 point lead at the stage.

The turning point was Nibbler's fumble. We were right in the game then.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

16 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

You dont want to particularly pot one bloke or one event...   but that epitomised and summed up last night. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Flower Magic said:

In: Oliver, Tomlinson, Woewodin (sub)

Out: Chandler, Jordon, Spargo

Petty, despite his stinker last night, must play forward. It was gob-smacking to see him shifted there at around the 23 minute mark of the last quarter. What was the point of that? Ridiculous. He should have been there from the start with Tommo down back. Woewodin must be given a chance, surely he can provide more than the three who deserve to be dropped. 

Re petty

serious questions over the coaching for mine

• Like 3
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, layzie said:

Hope it's nothing too serious mate.

Selections have mostly been on point this season but this was one of the worst. If we're going to be experimenting at this point of the year then we might as well get the Woeys and the Howes' involved or someone keen to come in and make an impact.  

Thanks mate.  Ye Olde' kidney stone.  Nothing life threatening but as Dr. Smith used to say "Oh the pain....the pain!"

Not as far fetched as some might think.  Will be looking at the Casey match with even more interest than usual tonight

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Fritsch cleared of the tackle.

All good for Sunday week.

1 hour ago, whatwhat say what said:

shoulda been called holding the ball ffs

perfect tackle execution

i loathe geelong

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

It was the turning point of the game. We had a 6 or 7 point lead at the stage.

Exactly.  I knew the umps would pull a few outta their derriere in the last to give the Cats the momentum.  We needed to have capatilised earlier and been up at least 3 goals or so to have any chance in the last.

That's how i saw the tackle at the time and was lambasted by someone on game day thread saying Fritsch would get weeks.

The umps are so predictable at Tax Payer Park.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

2 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

It was still the non-HTB call on Fritsch that started proceedings though W.

Yes to the above also along with Max dropping his gimme chest mark at CHF.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

My gut from hearing Richardson pre-game is that Oliver won’t be ready. 

I’d drop Petty and send him to Casey to find form. I disliked the decision to bring him in for Tomlinson when it was announced and the more I think about it the more I hate it. We’d seemingly settled on him as a forward, he then doesn’t play football at all for 6 weeks, and then we decide not only to insert him straight back in off no prep against Geelong in Geelong, but to do so in defence when we were coming off one of our best defensive games all year, forcing us to drop Tomlinson after his best game in years.

Never ever play Spargo as the sub again (nor any other small forward). Midfielders or utilities only. It shouldn’t even need to be said. Spargo was bad anyway, and shouldn’t come back into the 22.

Smith was good in the first half but a major problem in the second half when he routinely failed to stop Stewart from marking. Must lift, but I’m not at all confident he has the ability. 

I want Rivers in the middle permanently and Bowey into the backline. Rivers takes Jordon’s spot.

Interested in your perspective on this Titan. I too thought Smith was good in the first half- and he stood up when others were still playing poorly-to me he actually showed leadership. Most of his good work i felt did not come easily from pinpoint delivery-he worked hard, showed skill and made chances out of little.  Was it his poor play that let Stewart into the game second half-or just the horrible delivery to no-one coming from further up the field. I have a feeling a lot of Stewarts good work came as a result of other's poor play rather than Smith being the cause of Stewart's good play. What is your perspective on that?

• Like 4
  • Clap 1

51 minutes ago, Demon Dynasty said:

That's how i saw the tackle at the time and was lambasted by someone on game day thread saying Fritsch would get weeks.

The umps are so predictable at Tax Payer Park.

There is quite a bit of lambasting going on here lately.

• Like 2

After watching Casey's convincing win here my team to take on GWS.

B: Lever, May, McVee

HB: Salem, Tomlinson, Rivers

C: Hunter, Oliver, Langdon

HF: Petracca, Petty, Neal-Bullen

F: Fritsch, van Rooyen, Melksham

FOLL: Gawn, Brayshaw, Viney

IC: Bowey, Grundy, Harmes, Pickett

SUB: Sparrow

EMERG: Woewodin, Howes, Laurie

5 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Contrary to the long term averages showing very little chance of rain it seems that Alice will be getting an unseasonal downpour and cold snap this week.

Friday is a Maximum of 12 and 25mm of rain

Will be interesting to see the weekend forecast

http://www.bom.gov.au/nt/forecasts/alice-springs.shtml

Love And Hip Hop GIF by VH1

1 hour ago, bing181 said:

In: Brown, Melksham

Not against this.

Blokes that know where the goals are, have proven forward craft and will assist in fixing our accuracy woes. Ben Brown won’t fluff around with his set shots.

I’d be looking at Melksham as sub on a regular basis on the run home.

Edited by Bring-Back-Powell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Demons3031 said:

Interested in your perspective on this Titan. I too thought Smith was good in the first half- and he stood up when others were still playing poorly-to me he actually showed leadership. Most of his good work i felt did not come easily from pinpoint delivery-he worked hard, showed skill and made chances out of little.  Was it his poor play that let Stewart into the game second half-or just the horrible delivery to no-one coming from further up the field. I have a feeling a lot of Stewarts good work came as a result of other's poor play rather than Smith being the cause of Stewart's good play. What is your perspective on that?

I lost count of the number of times Smith was outbodied or out of position. I’m sure some of that was due to kicks to him being poor but I’m also sure some of it was to do with him being a limited forward. Not all his fault as he’s continually flipped from back to forward through his career, but I don’t know that he is a viable long term option as a tall forward. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

But Howes adds outside skill and poise.

Plays wing/half back exceptionally well.

The 3 names you just mentioned have been playing consistent footy at VFL for zero reward. I'll add Bailey Laurie to the mix. 

Yet we continue to reward the same out of form players such as Jordon, Nibbler, Spargo, Petty, Langdon, Pickett who have all barely fired a shot this year.

It's no wonder we let go of good little players like Toby Bedford because the club wanted to stick with their favourites in Spargo and ANB last year who were badly out of form

Tend to agree with most of this.    We really do need to blood a few more than the very good debut seasons of McVee and JVR.  Laurie had just a sniff and I must say didn't inspire.   But Woey and Howes surely need a few games as HBF, W or HFF in rotation.  And of course Disco is likely to seek greener pastures if he doesn't get another go, and not the total setup mismatch on Levi Casbolt.

9 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

PS I share the concern of others re Oliver. I expect he has lost a fair bit of match conditioning that could take a few weeks to rebuild

He undoubtedly lost more with his sepsis than his original hamstring.  He would have been able to maintain general strength and non running conditioning, but sepsis really knocks the stuffing out and takes far longer to get back from.  If he required iv antibiotics for several days this was not trivial in any way.

9 hours ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Was Petty moved forward to play defensively on Stewart or as a genuine attacking forward? And who did he replace?

Very hard to tell at that very late stage - he probably didn't quite now by then either.  Too little too late. 

5 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Contrary to the long term averages showing very little chance of rain it seems that Alice will be getting an unseasonal downpour and cold snap this week.

Friday is a Maximum of 12 and 25mm of rain

Will be interesting to see the weekend forecast

http://www.bom.gov.au/nt/forecasts/alice-springs.shtml

Saturday forecast is 4 - 13 deg and 4 mm rain.  Very unseasonal for rain or for such a low maximum.  

2 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

That is remarkable. No thanks to Kolidgansi ( or however you spell it) who came in air and said he ‘definitely felt the two action tackle’ 

What an absolute bastard if he said that.  Needs to be targeted by the team and us fans when we next see him.

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Very early days but the iPhone weather app has Sunday week in Alice at 15 degrees.

Hopefully we might avoid a warm one.

It was never going to be a hot day in midwinter Central Australia.  Nights get freezing though.

1 hour ago, Demons3031 said:

Definitely a lot of extremely dumb bombing into F50.  More blame needs to be targeted on our mids and on ballers than on our forwards.  I only saw a little of the Saints v Bears tonight but similar things could be said of the Saints' forward thrusts - a lot of intercept marks by the Bears' defenders.

16 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

I get he [ANB] fumbled, I was annoyed as anyone. He was more than cooked at that stage. Did you see him sucking air afterwards. 

binman - is this more evidence of high loading levels?  I think it was you who said that this could come into the equation late in the game.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Flower Magic said:

In: Oliver, Tomlinson, Woewodin (sub)

Out: Chandler, Jordon, Spargo

Petty, despite his stinker last night, must play forward. It was gob-smacking to see him shifted there at around the 23 minute mark of the last quarter. What was the point of that? Ridiculous. He should have been there from the start with Tommo down back. Woewodin must be given a chance, surely he can provide more than the three who deserve to be dropped. 

Quite understandably, there is a reluctance to play a kid in his first game as the Sub. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Demon Dynasty said:

Thanks mate.  Ye Olde' kidney stone.  Nothing life threatening but as Dr. Smith used to say "Oh the pain....the pain!"

Not as far fetched as some might think.  Will be looking at the Casey match with even more interest than usual tonight

DD the pain level is supposed to be equivalent to childbirth or worse!!

I have had two (kidney stones) and the only good thing was the morphine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1