CHANGES: Rd 18 vs Port Adelaide

Demonland

9 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Ah yes, that will fix our disposal problems...

So you prefer players who aren't getting near the ball?

And Dunstan and Hunt's disposal isn't as bad as what some on here perpetuate. Based on their  Casey form, they are a chance to be included.

Edited by mo64
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

We're not dropping Fritsch. No matter how angry you are at his game, we're not dropping him. 

Onus is on him and the coaches to rid him of his selfishness.

Not sure Hunt for Bedford is right. Hunt's played defence for two years, so I'm not sure he gets swung forward. 

The best way to get rid of Fritsch’s selfishness is one week in the 2’s. Do it now and he’ll hopefully be fixed for finals.

Hunt can pick up playing forward relatively quickly. All he has to do is use his speed and have a dip. That’s all Bedford does and Hunt is a few inches taller and kilos heavier.

We need a lead up forward with some height to draw the ball. In light of no better options it should be Hunt for a week. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mo64 said:

So you prefer players who aren't getting near the ball?

And Dunstan and Hunt's disposal isn't as bad as what some on here perpetuate. Based on their  Casey form, they are a chance to be included.

Neither of those players help fix our problems.

I'm not totally against Hunt coming in, I really want Gus back to the wing, which means Jordon out or to a different role and then  either Hunt or Rivers in.

But replacing two of our better kicks with two of our worst isn't a good move IMO.

• Like 3

I would make 2 changes- in a tall at the expense of Bedford (Weideman, MBrown or JVR) and I'd give Chandler a game, with Spargo due for a spell.

No need for wholesale changes - just go back to the Tmac structure and get some fresh, keen legs in the F50

• Like 1

Out: Bedford, bowey, 

In: Chandler, hunt, 

Spargs and Sparrow could also make way. 

Also need to find a way to go a bit taller, weideman should definitely be in calculations. 

Edited by Tom Dyson

4 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Neither of those players help fix our problems.

I'm not totally against Hunt coming in, I really want Gus back to the wing, which means Jordon out or to a different role and then  either Hunt or Rivers in.

But replacing two of our better kicks with two of our worst isn't a good move IMO.

Me too, but he is smashing it down there and really is doing Salems job. If Salem can find some form, you would have to consider it. 

43 minutes ago, cantstandyasam said:

Must play Weed until Tommy comes good. We can't pick M Brown. We are too short in F50. Maybe play Chandler for Bedford and drop Jordon bring in Weed and play Brayshaw wing

Have a read on the SEN website what Dermie thinks of Weid, damm well spot on description of him.

Out; May doing kick-ins. We are that predictable it's not funny. 

Out; The complete lack of connection between Salem, Bowey and Brayshaw. Salem is lost out there. He was completely non - effective tonight. Give him the kick ins might help him get into the game and stop our predictability going down the line to Max. Or drop him. He needs to get involved, he just floats.

Out; Bedford, Spargo and Jordans ability when the heat is raised. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CYB said:

Me too, but he is smashing it down there and really is doing Salems job. If Salem can find some form, you would have to consider it. 

Just reckon we have plenty of half back options, but really I only trust Langdon and Gus on the wings. So as good as he's been at half back, I think team wise we need him more on the wing. I'd still rather Salem kicking it than Gus from there.

Edited by Lord Nev

Have said it on here for a good month or so now. 
Bowey out. Hunt in. 

On tonight’s match Bedford out too if Chandler performs well again as Casey. We must reward form. It’s good for culture to have competition for spots.

If Dunstan plays well at Casey he’d be considered in place of Sparrow next week.

• Like 1

Out:  Bedford#, Spargo#, Fritsch*, Jordan or Bowey%

In:  Chandler, Weid, Van Rooyan & Rivers

# effectively two men down on that performance

* Important cog but not playing such selfish footy thanks.  Need to send a very important message.  Too soon for Van Roon but he might just snag a few himself.  Amazing what adrenaline and a bit of self belief can do.

Selfless footy is premiership footy.  The reverse is BS and should never be tolerated (once you see it becoming a habit!).  Fritta should have learned after burning Tracc three weeks ago but hasn't.  Time for some important learnings and sends a message to the rest of the group about how not to play!

% Can't afford all three of Gus, Jordy & Bowey across HB IMHO.  One has to go and it aint going to be Gus.  Rivers my choice for one of Bowey or Jordy.  Allows Gus to go to wing / HF (a must if we are to kick enough goals via quick repeat entries IMV).

Edited by Demon Dynasty

4 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Just reckon we have plenty of half back options, but really I only trust Langdon and Gus on the wings. So as good as he's been at half back, I think team wise we need him more on the wing. I'd still rather Salem kicking it than Gus from there.

I’m feeling this way too. Gus on the wing playing more defensively forced teams into attacking only through certain parts of the ground. He also covered the corridor well. The best teams shred us through the corridor on counter attack and having Gus pushing there would help nullify that and force them to kick long and high again.

Jordan has played some good footy on the wing offensively this year, but teams aren’t as worried about attacking through his wing or the corridor with him there. We have heaps of options and depth for our half back flank. As great as Gus has been, it might be time to shift him back to the wing and bring in a different half back like Rivers for the overall benefit of the team.

• Like 2

Are we brave enough to play JVR if he has a blinder in the 2's? Felt like a very static forward line tonight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Return to Glory said:

Are we brave enough to play JVR if he has a blinder in the 2's? Felt like a very static forward line tonight. 

IMO one of Mitch, Weid or JVR will come in next week.

Reckon JVR would be third in line as it stands, but he's not scared to have a crack so could push his way to the front with a big  game potentially. 

• Like 1

Salem last week had 22 disposals, 453m gained at 83% DE and 6 tackles (2nd behind Oliver).

He has not been poor since returning from injury and is absolutely not getting dropped. He was poor tonight but he had a lot of mates..

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

But Salem is a shadow of his 2021 form. I think Salem looks good only when we look good as a team tbh. Whereas Brayshaw out in another solid performance tonight in a loosing side. One of the few who can hold his head high. 

I think maybe we chase Amon for the JJ wing and leave Gus at HB. He is probably taking one of the HB AA positions, which is quite an achievement in his first crack at it. He is wasted on the defensive wing.

1 minute ago, CYB said:

But Salem is a shadow of his 2021 form. I think Salem looks good only when we look good as a team tbh. Whereas Brayshaw out in another solid performance tonight in a loosing side. One of the few who can hold his head high. 

I think maybe we chase Amon for the JJ wing and leave Gus at HB. He is probably taking one of the HB AA positions, which is quite an achievement in his first crack at it. He is wasted on the defensive wing.

IMO that's because Gus is more often the loose player, hence the intercepts. Bring in Rivers or Hunt to play more defensively, get Salem into the loose role and Gus back the wing = better football.

Disagree on Gus' game. Thought he was poor tonight. Disposal was bad and got caught out in no man's land too often.

'Wasted on the defensive wing'? He was a key part of a flag in that role mate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, P-man said:

Salem last week had 22 disposals, 453m gained at 83% DE and 6 tackles (2nd behind Oliver).

He has not been poor since returning from injury and is absolutely not getting dropped. He was poor tonight but he had a lot of mates..

Careful with those stats they include playing on from a kick out.

Rhyss Shaw always had magnificent stats

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Careful with those stats they include playing on from a kick out.

Rhyss Shaw always had magnificent stats

Be that as it may, it’s a misrepresentation so say he’s been poor since returning to the side.