Jump to content

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview  

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor Interview 

Angus Brayshaw Re-Signs Until 2028


Demonland
 Share


Recommended Posts

if he stays he stays; if he goes he goes

he's having a ripping year...as a half-back flanker

even better year than last year...where it was a defensive wing

and in turn that was better than the last time he played as a pure mid...nearly 5 seasons ago!

he might come back and be the greatest inside midfielder essendon has had since jab watson...and i still doubt he'd be better than the combo of clayton oliver, christian petracca, and jack viney

even playing as a half-back interceptor his defensive workrate can be mighty suspect

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


If we lose both of Jackson and Brayshaw i am seriously going to kick something into next week.

I mean i will spit the biggest dummy ever made.

Coz in the end, thats all i can do.

 

Win the cup again this year and i couldnt care less what they both decide to do.

Maybe the trade and draft dates will hold some excitement after all.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am I the only one that isn’t concerned about the interview? 
I thought he was pretty positive. He stated the really enjoys playing off the half back flank, loves the playing group. It’s the biggest decision in his playing career and he just wants to make sure he’s covering all bases before he commits. 

Edited by Megatron
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If that interview comes off the back of his management meeting the club... they are at loggerheads. How quickly things can change... what a train wreck this season is becoming.

  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, praha said:

If that interview comes off the back of his management meeting the club... they are at loggerheads. How quickly things can change... what a train wreck this season is becoming.

Imagine going from reigning premiers to maybe bombing out then losing 2 key players. It would feel like the neeld days without the success. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My take on the interview is that Angus knows this is his payday and wants to milk it for all its worth - still don't think he will leave 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


20 hours ago, Dwight Schrute said:

Has re-signed apparently. Manager flew to Melbourne to officially sign off. Rumours he will announce on Gus and gawny which is hilarious. 

I’ve now seen multiple people I trust hearing this so very confident 

I've just retracted my "like". Your sources are miles off the mark. Care to share what connection your sources have to Gus?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m actually surprised the possibility of being part of a ‘Premiership dynasty’ has so little appeal for these guys. This is supposed to be the time when contracts sign themselves! We’ve all heard the stories of pacts and even players taking pay cuts to keep the dream alive!

To an extent, I can understand a young guy like Jackson being seduced by the attention and offers being put forward by rival Clubs. But a player like Brayshaw? Smart, mature, courageous on field, popular at the Club and with supporters. If even he is considering a move, ostensibly because he’s unhappy with the role he’s been given, it makes me wonder at the culture of our Club.

Of course, this is a surface analysis. But we can only go on the words and actions of the players.

Edited by wisedog
  • Like 6
  • Shocked 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Deenooos_ said:

Yeh what is this about? If you love the club and are loyal and enjoy playing footy in a successful team I don't understand the need to look elsewhere... One more concussion and the dude is toast anyway, idk but in the midfield you are more likely to get a knock to the head 

I always thought his movement out of the midfield group was a mutually agreed move to prolong his career. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13A395CD-849C-4E74-89E3-27679A3C22BF.jpeg.fa81101d36ba4f47c76a52ab3a71205e.jpeg

FFS. Put us out of our misery. 
I feel like the kid who’s partway between Santa’s real and Santa’s fake. Disillusionment is on the horizon. 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, just listened to the interview.  Maybe I listened to the wrong one, because I didn't get the doomsday vibe that others seemed to have.

On his contract, he said it's a big decision - biggest of his career - and one he'll make on his own. He said he's doing his due diligence (inference: talking to other clubs, as is his prerogative as a free agent). He didn't confirm that he's talked to any other clubs (we know he has; this was just Brayshaw being professional).

On his on-field position, he did say that the position he played is a factor in his decision - he didn't mention anything about midfield (this is something Watson and Lyon brought up) - instead he spoke glowingly about the defensive group (Lever, May, etc.) and that he'd been moved into the half back role suddenly early this year, and that he's loving playing there and that it has brought out good features of his game.  Nothing about not playing in his preferred position, nothing about disliking where he's currently playing.

On the 'past tense" stuff in reference to the club, almost continuously he was using "we", "us" throughout when referring to the team.

He was candid about how difficult it is as a team to maintain the intensity required to turn one flag into a dynasty; I didn't read this as though he was feeling like this was a "not me, everyone else around me isn't pulling their weight" kind of thing and hence he wanted out, but rather just an honest assessment that the players know where the team is at and what they need to improve upon from here.

Gus is an intelligent, professional, direct speaker.  I have no idea if he's staying or if he's going, but I didn't get the vibe he's gone.

So was yesterday's mail erroneous?   Maybe.  Alternatively, if it was accurate and he did sign a contract, that would be something the club would reasonably want to announce on their terms.  There is training today - they could foreseeably be filming reaction video of the announcement to the players, interviews on the track in MFC training gear, etc., for the social media blitz upon the announcement.  Behind the scenes there will be courtesy calls that need to happen with the various other suitors to inform them of his decision, etc.  And finally, they're not going to want to spill the beans on a SEN breakfast show interview, so Gus may have simply been framing his responses as though pen hadn't yet gone to paper.

 

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, gs77 said:

So was yesterday's mail erroneous?   Maybe.  Alternatively, if it was accurate and he did sign a contract, that would be something the club would reasonably want to announce on their terms.  There is training today - they could foreseeably be filming reaction video of the announcement to the players, interviews on the track in MFC training gear, etc., for the social media blitz upon the announcement.  Behind the scenes there will be courtesy calls that need to happen with the various other suitors to inform them of his decision, etc.  And finally, they're not going to want to spill the beans on a SEN breakfast show interview, so Gus may have simply been framing his responses as though pen hadn't yet gone to paper.

 

Or he could just sign the flippin’ thing without the pomp and circumstance, like Clarrie did. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

13A395CD-849C-4E74-89E3-27679A3C22BF.jpeg.fa81101d36ba4f47c76a52ab3a71205e.jpeg

FFS. Put us out of our misery. 
I feel like the kid who’s partway between Santa’s real and Santa’s fake. Disillusionment is on the horizon. 

I prefer to worry about this year first WCW. Both Gus and Jacko are ours for the rest of the season, nothing will change that. If the boys need more time, so be it (no matter how frustrating). As long as their first priority is winning a premiership this year, I don’t care how long they take. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/07/25/brayshaw-provides-contract-update-reveals-significant-factor-determining-new/

Speaking to SEN Breakfast, Brayshaw said he was unfazed by the discussion surrounding his contract and is glad it hasn’t impacted his game.

“It doesn’t take a genius to figure out this is the most important decision I’ve got to make (with my career) and it’s not one I’m taking lightly at all,” he said.

“I’ve got a heap of due diligence to do to feel comfortable about the decision I make, obviously I haven’t decided yet. I understand that time is running out on the clock and people speculating, but fortunately I’m not making the decision for any of them, it’s a decision about what’s best for me and I’ll make it when I’m ready.

“One thing I’m quite proud of is that despite all the talk and the noise I haven’t really let it affect the way I play footy and commit to the team.

“I feel really comfortable about the process I’m going through at the moment.”

Uncertainty around Brayshaw’s future is rife given he’s yet to commit to the Demons for next year, who are also battling to retain Luke Jackson amidst rumours of a Fremantle move.

With the trade period a little over two months away, there’s no doubt pressure would be rising on the utility to make a call on his future.

However, he’s feeling none of it.

“I don’t want to be rushed into a decision or pressured into something when I’m not on board with, which hasn’t happened yet and isn’t going to happen,” Brayshaw added.

“There will be a time where I come out with something and make a decision.

“I’m making sure I absolutely nail this one… it’s the rest of my career we’re talking about, so it’s not something I’m taking lightly.”

Brayshaw is speculated to be chasing a positional move if he shifts away from Melbourne, currently playing off half back for Simon Goodwin’s side.

He started his career as a midfielder but has played a number of different roles in his eight years at the club, admitting where he plays on the ground will be a significant factor in determining his next contract.

“It (position) is certainly something that comes into calculations,” Brayshaw stated.

“I’ve heard all sorts of theories about where I play my best footy… I’m really loving playing on the half back flank this year.

“It came a bit out of nowhere and I absolutely love being a part of that group.”

He’s averaging 24.9 disposals per game in 2022, while also averaging career highs in marks (8.6) and rebound 50s (4.1).

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, gs77 said:

Ok, just listened to the interview.  Maybe I listened to the wrong one, because I didn't get the doomsday vibe that others seemed to have.

On his contract, he said it's a big decision - biggest of his career - and one he'll make on his own. He said he's doing his due diligence (inference: talking to other clubs, as is his prerogative as a free agent). He didn't confirm that he's talked to any other clubs (we know he has; this was just Brayshaw being professional).

On his on-field position, he did say that the position he played is a factor in his decision - he didn't mention anything about midfield (this is something Watson and Lyon brought up) - instead he spoke glowingly about the defensive group (Lever, May, etc.) and that he'd been moved into the half back role suddenly early this year, and that he's loving playing there and that it has brought out good features of his game.  Nothing about not playing in his preferred position, nothing about disliking where he's currently playing.

On the 'past tense" stuff in reference to the club, almost continuously he was using "we", "us" throughout when referring to the team.

He was candid about how difficult it is as a team to maintain the intensity required to turn one flag into a dynasty; I didn't read this as though he was feeling like this was a "not me, everyone else around me isn't pulling their weight" kind of thing and hence he wanted out, but rather just an honest assessment that the players know where the team is at and what they need to improve upon from here.

Gus is an intelligent, professional, direct speaker.  I have no idea if he's staying or if he's going, but I didn't get the vibe he's gone.

So was yesterday's mail erroneous?   Maybe.  Alternatively, if it was accurate and he did sign a contract, that would be something the club would reasonably want to announce on their terms.  There is training today - they could foreseeably be filming reaction video of the announcement to the players, interviews on the track in MFC training gear, etc., for the social media blitz upon the announcement.  Behind the scenes there will be courtesy calls that need to happen with the various other suitors to inform them of his decision, etc.  And finally, they're not going to want to spill the beans on a SEN breakfast show interview, so Gus may have simply been framing his responses as though pen hadn't yet gone to paper.

 

Appreciate the write up gs77, cheers!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Neil Crompton said:

I prefer to worry about this year first WCW. Both Gus and Jacko are ours for the rest of the season, nothing will change that. If the boys need more time, so be it (no matter how frustrating). As long as their first priority is winning a premiership this year, I don’t care how long they take. 

I agree NC. But it’s undeniable that this is a distraction to some degree. And not just in terms of us fans. I’m sure it’s weighing heavily on both boys’ minds if indeed they are still undecided. But if they’ve made their decisions would it be too much to ask to make this public?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

I’m with you, I just think they are trying to get a bit more cash

It's the only thing you could realistically take from the interview, a lot on here have an uncanny knack of interpreting things in the most negative way possible. It's his big payday he wants to make sure he gets the best possible outcome.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, gs77 said:

Ok, just listened to the interview.  Maybe I listened to the wrong one, because I didn't get the doomsday vibe that others seemed to have.

On his contract, he said it's a big decision - biggest of his career - and one he'll make on his own. He said he's doing his due diligence (inference: talking to other clubs, as is his prerogative as a free agent). He didn't confirm that he's talked to any other clubs (we know he has; this was just Brayshaw being professional).

On his on-field position, he did say that the position he played is a factor in his decision - he didn't mention anything about midfield (this is something Watson and Lyon brought up) - instead he spoke glowingly about the defensive group (Lever, May, etc.) and that he'd been moved into the half back role suddenly early this year, and that he's loving playing there and that it has brought out good features of his game.  Nothing about not playing in his preferred position, nothing about disliking where he's currently playing.

On the 'past tense" stuff in reference to the club, almost continuously he was using "we", "us" throughout when referring to the team.

He was candid about how difficult it is as a team to maintain the intensity required to turn one flag into a dynasty; I didn't read this as though he was feeling like this was a "not me, everyone else around me isn't pulling their weight" kind of thing and hence he wanted out, but rather just an honest assessment that the players know where the team is at and what they need to improve upon from here.

Gus is an intelligent, professional, direct speaker.  I have no idea if he's staying or if he's going, but I didn't get the vibe he's gone.

So was yesterday's mail erroneous?   Maybe.  Alternatively, if it was accurate and he did sign a contract, that would be something the club would reasonably want to announce on their terms.  There is training today - they could foreseeably be filming reaction video of the announcement to the players, interviews on the track in MFC training gear, etc., for the social media blitz upon the announcement.  Behind the scenes there will be courtesy calls that need to happen with the various other suitors to inform them of his decision, etc.  And finally, they're not going to want to spill the beans on a SEN breakfast show interview, so Gus may have simply been framing his responses as though pen hadn't yet gone to paper.

 

Free Agency opens up a week after the G/F. Gus is saying that he'll make a decision after the season ends, so should we win the G/F, he'll do it in the midst of Premiership celebrations. Highly unlikely. 

It's never a good sign when a player comes out with what Gus said in the interview. If he's committed to staying, usually the player will say that there's just a few loose ends to tie up, but he'll stay. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mo64 said:

Free Agency opens up a week after the G/F. Gus is saying that he'll make a decision after the season ends, so should we win the G/F, he'll do it in the midst of Premiership celebrations. Highly unlikely. 

It's never a good sign when a player comes out with what Gus said in the interview. If he's committed to staying, usually the player will say that there's just a few loose ends to tie up, but he'll stay. 

 

Well he can always change his mind and sign earlier. That's what I'm hoping anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Demonland changed the title to Angus Brayshaw Re-Signs Until 2028

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    BLINK OF AN EYE by The Oracle

    In the year 2022, we learned that the fine between ultimate success in sport and failure can be measured in the blink of an eye. The Melbourne Football Club began the year where it had left off in 2021 - as the powerhouse of the AFL men’s competition.  They steamed towards the halfway mark of the season taking all before them until their winning streak of ten in a row (17 overall since the latter part of the premiership season) came to a crushing end with consecutive losses at the hands of

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    CHANGES 2022 Part 03 by The Oracle

    Part Three - Comparing apples with pomegranates by The Oracle One of the truly pointless exercises after each year’s draft is the game over which club “won” the period in question. The reality is that there is no winner or loser at the time and it’s only years further down the track when a full assessment of how the picks turn out can be made, that the winning hand is revealed. And the draft results cannot be considered in isolation; you need to look at where each club stood before the

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    GRAND NEW FLAG by Meggs

    Daisy was at pains to tell everyone who asked that the grand final story was NOT the Daisy Pearce story.  She wanted people to focus on the Melbourne Football Club, our wonderful players and non-playing teammates, her legacy buddy head coach Mick Stinear, the assistant coaches, the Club volunteers, the Board, the administrators, #DeeArmy, all supporters, in fact anyone who bleeds for the red and the blue.  But it is also a bit about the pioneer, role model, mother who is Daisy Pearce

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    EYES ON THE PRIZE by Meggs

    The Stinear/Pearce partnership has evolved over the 7 AFLW seasons and they have built a team with talented, committed footballers who play for each other and execute a highly entertaining brand of footy. On Sunday can a premiership be added to this legacy? This may well be the last time we see Daisy in the mighty red and blue as she contemplates her start date for a coaching role ‘Down at Kardinia Park’.  Last week’s sensational sealer in the Prelim showed everybody that Daisy could s

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    DAISY’S DEMON DRIVE by Meggs

    On a blustery Saturday afternoon when the conditions affected marking skills and the ball bounced unpredictably, the Mighty Dees stuck fat against a determined Kangaroos outfit to break away with two final quarter goals to none to win AFLW Preliminary Final 2 by 17 points — an all-time high winning margin between these two teams.  From the outset it was a fiercely fought contest with Melbourne unable to find the ball in space. North really amped up their one-percenters an

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    NOT A MOMENT TO MISS by Meggs

    The AFLW Season 7 fixture was carefully crafted to purposely handicap the better teams and give the expansion and developing sides an easier draw.  Nonetheless, this weekend’s Preliminary Finals will showcase the Lions, Demons, Crows and Roos, teams widely accepted as the best 4 in the competition.   In Friday night’s Prelim 1 the minor premiers, Brisbane, will start warm favourites at home against Adelaide.   On Saturday afternoon at Ikon Park, Prelim 2 between Melbourne and North is

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    STICK TO YOUR GUNS by Meggs

    The Dees convincingly overcome the fast-starting reigning-premiers Adelaide to win by 21 points in a fiery Qualifying Final match at Ikon Park on Friday evening.     In that first quarter Adelaide jumped out of the blocks kicking their first goal inside 20 seconds finishing with 3 goals to nil. All was quiet at Ikon Park.     Melbourne, having easily outplayed lesser opponents over the past six weeks took time to ratchet up their intensity.  But, by mid to late first quarter, the Dees be

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    HEAVYWEIGHTS by Meggs

    AFLW heavyweights Melbourne and Adelaide kick off the AFLW Season 7 Final Series with a massive Qualifying Final clash at Ikon Park this Friday night at 7:10pm.  The game promises to be a cracker.   Last season’s Grand Final combatants last met in Round 1where Melbourne came away with a strong 18-point victory at Glenelg Oval. The Dees will be hoping to replicate the result and move directly to the Preliminary Final.    While Adelaide may not have been as intimidating this season as in p

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    MISSED IT BY THAT MUCH by Meggs

    Congratulations to Daisy’s Dees on a huge 78-point one-sided win against West Coast in challenging windy and wet conditions at Casey Fields.     The banner celebrating Sarah Lampard’s 50 games was a victim of the wind, but nonetheless Lampy received a warm round of applause from the parochial crowd in attendance.   Melbourne has the double-chance and is excited about its chances in the Season 7 AFLW finals. If this means the Grand Final is played at Metricon and the Demond make it, then

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...