Jump to content

POSTGAME: GRAND FINAL vs Western Bulldogs


Demonland

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Fork 'em said:

I'd watch a side to see if they break a premiership drought of sorts.
Swans
Cats
Watched the Aint GFs.
Dawks in '08.
Richmonds 1st.

The rest of the GFs I never bothered.
Usually big rich clubs winning flags with cherry picked guns poached from struggling clubs.
Never bothered watching any minor finals at all.

"Why not us."

 

And the greatest other than ours 

The Dogs in 2016 ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/13/2022 at 9:11 AM, leave it to deever said:

Still cant fathom Norf letting Bbb go. I hope he has a great pre season and plays a full season. He still has several seasons left in him and if he topped the h and a goal tally for 3 years in a low team he could do much more with us.

I can tell you now he is Blitzing at training and much fitter than last year. Could kick 100 goals given our stellar mid field delivery!🤩

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Satan said:

Evonne?

It was Chris O’Neil. Evonne being there was a well-kept secret. Even Ash didn’t know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, 58er said:

And the greatest other than ours 

The Dogs in 2016 ???

Oh yeah .... Watched that too.
Saw that and wanted to win one the same way.

Turned out ours was even better 😎👌

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, picket fence said:

I can tell you now he is Blitzing at training and much fitter than last year. Could kick 100 goals given our stellar mid field delivery!🤩

That's good news. There were a few here who questioned his arrival at MFC. He really was showing signs of his old self last year.  Here's to an uninterrupted preseason and a full year of games with some silver service delivery. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably mentioned elsewhere in these 110 pages, but highly recommend watching the YouTube GF with the SEN commentary.  We all know BT is a moron, but after listening to the SEN commentary I’m convinced Channel 7’s management team are the morons in employing that senile fool, when Anthony Hudson and Gerard Whateley are quite likely available. 

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, The Chief said:

We all know BT is a moron, but after listening to the SEN commentary I’m convinced Channel 7’s management team are the morons in employing that senile fool, when Anthony Hudson and Gerard Whateley are quite likely available. 

You're only as big a dlckhead as the dlckhead that employs you. The management at Ch 7 have a warped view of sport and think that BT's barely coherent splutterings are an integral part of the entertainment. They probably grew up listening to Rex Hunt, whose efforts by the end of his career were barely recognisable as sports commentary.

  • Like 7
  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

You're only as big a dlckhead as the dlckhead that employs you. The management at Ch 7 have a warped view of sport and think that BT's barely coherent splutterings are an integral part of the entertainment. They probably grew up listening to Rex Hunt, whose efforts by the end of his career were barely recognisable as sports commentary.

It seems to be the football media in general, certainly the bulk of TV football journalism. Look at the footy show on channel 9. Constantly spouting sexist or racist comments, thinly disguised as humour.

 People like Sam Newman and BT are encouraged to be ‘edgy’ so that the station can create controversy and if there is s backlash they throw their hands in the air ‘of course we don’t support these views’.

  • Like 2
  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

You're only as big a dlckhead as the dlckhead that employs you. The management at Ch 7 have a warped view of sport and think that BT's barely coherent splutterings are an integral part of the entertainment. They probably grew up listening to Rex Hunt, whose efforts by the end of his career were barely recognisable as sports commentary.

There has always been a resident clown in footy broadcasting to please the shallow end of the gene pool. To everyone else they are annoying but they create attention and that’s all that matters. Love or hate them is the strategy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brian Taylor isn't a clown, he's just someone who hasn't kept up with modern football. He played it long ago. The idea that Angus Brayshaw was going to miss a goal because he turned his back on the goalposts as he walked back is just pop psychology.

And the game was not about to be over even if the Bulldogs had gone 25 points up.

BT can't even read a TV screen in front of himself. When he said that Fritsch is the only player to kick 5 goals in a grand final in the 2000s, despite there being a list of five previous players staring him in the face, he is just embarrassing.
 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2022 at 9:39 PM, John Demonic said:

Loved the extended shots of old mate here after the Petracca goal, wish we'd seen his reaction after the following goals. Because this felt like the beginning of the 'Is this real? is this happening?" thoughts, where we were all close to tears, but the result is still in play, so the dam has not burst. Mix that in with the excitement  that a superstar from our club is ripping a grand final open and declaring himself the best in the comp. Epic moment.

 

1689187926_ScreenShot2022-01-27at13_32_40.png.e55d57b557c19bd1166bfd95f849a334.png

I have to admit even after watching countless replays of the granny it still seems very surreal at times.  I know others have expressed the same.......I guess it goes to show how deprived we have all been.

  • Like 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if supporters at other clubs have watched the replay of their side winning the GF as many times as the majority on here have?

I watched it again yesterday and there's always something you see that you haven't noticed before. 

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

 They probably grew up listening to Rex Hunt, whose efforts by the end of his career were barely recognisable as sports commentary.

Unless you listened to Hunt regularly you wouldn't know who TF had the ball or WTF was going on.

I remember watching Melbourne and Geelong live while listening to him on the radio.
The way he was carrying on it was hard the believe we were actually watching the same game.

  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, The Chief said:

Probably mentioned elsewhere in these 110 pages, but highly recommend watching the YouTube GF with the SEN commentary.  We all know BT is a moron, but after listening to the SEN commentary I’m convinced Channel 7’s management team are the morons in employing that senile fool, when Anthony Hudson and Gerard Whateley are quite likely available. 

I watched the Aus open final last night from a video file that contained no commentary. Didn't miss a thing, and found it much easier to just focus on the play. Would love to get that option for the footy, and behind the goals vision too.

But yeah, zero commentary or radio calls, were way better than 7. 3AW was great as well. Having said that... Triple M was as bad as Ch 7.

Edited by John Demonic
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

You're only as big a dlckhead as the dlckhead that employs you. The management at Ch 7 have a warped view of sport and think that BT's barely coherent splutterings are an integral part of the entertainment. They probably grew up listening to Rex Hunt, whose efforts by the end of his career were barely recognisable as sports commentary.

 Channel 7 don't care about the rusted on fans, they want "personalities" to draw in the casuals with their inane banter.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dante said:

I wonder if supporters at other clubs have watched the replay of their side winning the GF as many times as the majority on here have?

I watched it again yesterday and there's always something you see that you haven't noticed before. 

 

Sparrows delivery is something that I've noticed....it was top shelf. Angus b' s game gets better and better.

  • Like 4
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Dante said:

I wonder if supporters at other clubs have watched the replay of their side winning the GF as many times as the majority on here have?

I watched it again yesterday and there's always something you see that you haven't noticed before. 

 

And Trac's increased acceleration off the mark. Seems to have added more speed to his legs.....possibly training with a fridge tied to his waist. From a standing start in the centre, he was explosive. May get caught in the long run but in that first 10 meters no chance.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


21 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

And Trac's increased acceleration off the mark. Seems to have added more speed to his legs.....possibly training with a fridge tied to his waist. From a standing start in the centre, he was explosive. May get caught in the long run but in that first 10 meters no chance.

Early on they said he'd never be quick.
He's proved them wrong.

Even you look at Olivers goal.
Both Oliver and Viney blast off from the middle into the clear.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2022 at 1:52 PM, mauriesy said:

Brian Taylor isn't a clown, he's just someone who hasn't kept up with modern football. He played it long ago. The idea that Angus Brayshaw was going to miss a goal because he turned his back on the goalposts as he walked back is just pop psychology.

And the game was not about to be over even if the Bulldogs had gone 25 points up.

BT can't even read a TV screen in front of himself. When he said that Fritsch is the only player to kick 5 goals in a grand final in the 2000s, despite there being a list of five previous players staring him in the face, he is just embarrassing.
 

I love the fact that Daisy keeps trying to bring him conversant with the current game ( on air) but alas falls on deaf ears.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MT64 said:

I love the fact that Daisy keeps trying to bring him conversant with the current game ( on air) but alas falls on deaf ears.

i agree, but then i don't think bt has any inclination to wanting to know.....he's content living in the past with his mates

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/29/2022 at 9:58 PM, faultydet said:

I honestly believe this will be the case once his career is over.

Even better than Flower and yes Barassi.

Agree totally about his bloody awesome talent, but in the end, comparisons are not simple matters. Barassi was tough, relentless, without any supernatural skills, but always gave his heart and soul and was inspirational. Flower was all silky skill and courage and simple footy purity. Clarrie is mercurial, capable of any trick in the book. And, he's still perfecting his  skills.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dieter said:

Agree totally about his bloody awesome talent, but in the end, comparisons are not simple matters. Barassi was tough, relentless, without any supernatural skills, but always gave his heart and soul and was inspirational. Flower was all silky skill and courage and simple footy purity. Clarrie is mercurial, capable of any trick in the book. And, he's still perfecting his  skills.

Flower was the single best footballer I've ever seen wear the Red and Blue. I think Clarry will have him covered if he plays like this for another 6 years+

The only blight on Olivers game are the overreactions he does to any form of high(ish) contact. You know, the fake spewing and stuff. It is not a good look for someone as hard at the ball as Clarry is.

  • Like 3
  • Thinking 2
  • Vomit 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2022 at 6:05 PM, The Chief said:

Probably mentioned elsewhere in these 110 pages, but highly recommend watching the YouTube GF with the SEN commentary.  We all know BT is a moron, but after listening to the SEN commentary I’m convinced Channel 7’s management team are the morons in employing that senile fool, when Anthony Hudson and Gerard Whateley are quite likely available. 

Of all the commentators in Australia to get their hands on the goat pics, it just had to be Brian Taylor.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    HEAVEN OR HELL by The Oracle

    Clashes between Melbourne and St Kilda are often described as battles between the forces of heaven and hell. However, based on recent performances, it’s hard to get excited about the forthcoming match between these two sides. It would be fair to say that, at the moment, both of these teams are in the doldrums. The Demons have become the competition’s slow starters while the Saints are not only slow to begin, they’re not doing much of a job finishing off their games either. About the only th

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons

    THE BLOW by Whispering Jack

    Narrm’s finals prospects took a crushing blow after the team’s insipid performance at Optus Stadium against a confident Waaljit Marawar in the first of its Doug Nicholls Round outings for 2024.  I use the description “crushing blow” advisedly because, although the season is not yet at it’s halfway mark, the Demons have now failed abysmally in two of their games against teams currently occupying bottom eight places on the ladder.  The manner in which these losing games were played out w

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 6

    HALF FULL by KC from Casey

    It was a case of the Casey Demons going into a game with a glass half full in their match up against the Brisbane Lions at Casey Fields on Saturday. As the list of injured and unavailable AFL and VFL listed players continues to grow and with Melbourne taking all three emergencies to Perth for the weekend on a “just in case” basis, its little brother was always destined to struggle. Casey was left with only eight AFL listed players from who to select their team but only two - an out-of-form

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    PREGAME: Rd 11 vs St. Kilda

    The Demons return to the MCG to take on the Saints in Round 11 on the back of two straight losses in a row. With Jake Lever out with concussion who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 410

    PODCAST: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 20th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Demons disaapoiting performance against the Eagles at Optus Stadium in Round 10. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 45

    VOTES: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jake Lever make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 37

    POSTGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    Many warned that this was a danger game and the Demons were totally outclassed all game by a young Eagles team at Optus Stadium in Perth as they were defeated by 35 points.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 445

    GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs West Coast

    It's Game Day and the Demons have returned to the site of their drought breaking Premiership to take on the West Coast Eagles in what could very well be a danger game for Narrm at Optus Stadium. A win and a percentage boost will keep the Dees in top four contention whilst a loss will cast doubt on the Dees flag credentials and bring them back to the pack fighting for a spot in the 8 as we fast approach the halfway point of the season.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 884

    WARNING by William from Waalitj

    As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 22
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...