POSTGAME: GRAND FINAL vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

14 hours ago, 58er said:

Referred to something they had done in New York on their previous (2019? ) off season trip and he Said this was much better than that!!  May have been exactly what DEI has posted above. 
Loved Bailey's wry kind of schoolboy type grin as he revelled in the greatest day of his life on the biggest stage as he became a  Demon ( snd AFL)  legend for life.

Reckon Bailey has quite a few more goals left in his career and may even be in our top 3 goal kickers  when he retires in about 7/10 years time. 

Just another beautiful memory of the many goals that made our win so memorable.

And I was there and saw them all. 

i think Max said this is better than the music festival we went to & Fritz said yeah but the festival was pretty good..or words to that effect. Maxy told that story so not sure if he was putting mayo on it...

I just found this rolled up and jammed in my letterbox…

B4738AC6-92B8-47AF-AB36-341E6DECC015.thumb.jpeg.2adf007bb7a4ce33d1a3cae7215f7e1f.jpeg

FBFB9E91-883E-4E82-B135-76D36C936CBA.thumb.jpeg.41088cbcd56c0019d6564e281bf150b3.jpeg

Clearly someone who lives nearby knows with whom my allegiance lies. ❤️💙

It’s from 2008 and appears unused. I’m gonna mothball it; it might be worth a small fortune one day. 🙃 There’s gotta be an old Dees diehard who collects recherché vintage Demons shopping bags out there. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to call Sotheby’s. 😁

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Probs many of them were. But they were all going for the Dogs for a different reason: According to this warden the inmates have to address the wardens as ‘Sir’ but ‘Boss’ is also acceptable. Of course, when the wardens are out of earshot they’re referred to as ‘Dogs.’ If an inmate is heard calling a warden ‘Dog’ they’ll be (unofficially) punished. Therefore, during the GF they made the most of the opportunity to yell out ‘Dogs!’ as much as they wanted. It was a message to the wardens. 
This particular warden doesn’t go for either side but was happy for the Dees to get back in the lead since it denied the inmates a reason to keep screaming out ‘Dogs!’ as loudly and aggressively as poss.
Really interesting insight into prison life. 😬

Makes me think Andy Dufresne was a Demons fan and he tunnelled out just so he could get to the Grand Final. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I just found this rolled up and jammed in my letterbox…

B4738AC6-92B8-47AF-AB36-341E6DECC015.thumb.jpeg.2adf007bb7a4ce33d1a3cae7215f7e1f.jpeg

FBFB9E91-883E-4E82-B135-76D36C936CBA.thumb.jpeg.41088cbcd56c0019d6564e281bf150b3.jpeg

Clearly someone who lives nearby knows with whom my allegiance lies. ❤️💙

It’s from 2008 and appears unused. I’m gonna mothball it; it might be worth a small fortune one day. 🙃 There’s gotta be an old Dees diehard who collects recherché vintage Demons shopping bags out there. Now if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to call Sotheby’s. 😁

Meanwhile at Sotheby's:

"We have shopping bags for the Australian Melbourne football club, each year from 2000 to now, except for 2008. The complete set would be worth millions, but with a missing year it's virtually worthless. It's a hopeless case. We may as well chuck out the lot."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Demonised said:

Makes me think Andy Dufresne was a Demons fan and he tunnelled out just so he could get to the Grand Final. 

Wouldn’t be the only one who broke a bunch of laws to sneak into the GF. 🤨

On 1/31/2022 at 1:52 PM, mauriesy said:

Brian Taylor isn't a clown, he's just someone who hasn't kept up with modern football. He played it long ago. The idea that Angus Brayshaw was going to miss a goal because he turned his back on the goalposts as he walked back is just pop psychology.

And the game was not about to be over even if the Bulldogs had gone 25 points up.

BT can't even read a TV screen in front of himself. When he said that Fritsch is the only player to kick 5 goals in a grand final in the 2000s, despite there being a list of five previous players staring him in the face, he is just embarrassing.

Yep, half the commentators call him Fritz.

Hudson with his continual yelling drives me crazy as well.

I just don't see the need for the continual hyperbolic rubbish.

Just call the game and have some decent analysis commentary from the likes of Daisy.

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Demonised said:

Crawling through that long tunnel of [censored] in shawshank was a very apt metaphor for my demon supporting life until last year  … when mates asked for my immediate reaction after the grand final I just sent them this 

p.s I don’t think I was alone doing this in my lounge room when the final siren went 

shawshank redemption film GIF

Edited by Delusional demon 82
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Did Hannan lose it for the Dogs.

He had a shot. Would have put them up by 25 points

Handballed and it went nowhere... no score and then it happened

This was how I saw it as he went back to kick then coughed it up - a real ‘get out of jail free’ moment at a time they had all the momentum. The sling on Gawn wasn’t the ‘turning point’ as frequently suggested. 

That said, I still think we’d have overrun them in the final quarter even if they had gone up by 25.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, In Harmes Way said:

I don't know what Liverpool were thinking here, singing the Western Bulldogs song. Shows a complete and utter lack of respect

Melbourne Victory are now using it as there post-game celebration song as well, these poor dogs!

• Haha 1

On 2/27/2022 at 9:31 PM, GBDee said:

This was how I saw it as he went back to kick then coughed it up - a real ‘get out of jail free’ moment at a time they had all the momentum. The sling on Gawn wasn’t the ‘turning point’ as frequently suggested. 

That said, I still think we’d have overrun them in the final quarter even if they had gone up by 25.

He was at least 55 m out so was not a guarantee to add to Bulldogs score so  not overreact about that skill error.

To be realistic a player should have run on the left hand side of Hannan snd the shot was about 5/7 m shorter, around the 48/50m distance. One of the best chances was Johannisen who would have been stuck in the goal square or thereabouts. Hannan will have plenty of pressure on him this year with Marra Bruce van Dem mere and Wallis plus Sam Darcy all better players even if it's not like for like. 

I just watched the PF Dogs and Lions and we should have played the Lions, the umpiring, particularly in the last quarter was deplorable, not sure how many times the Doggies threw the ball and got away with it. Also with about a minute or so left McInerny got done for blocking in the ruck when he extended his knee but it didn't impact the other player and it was merely a "you shouldn't do that free".

Speaking of Mcinerney, he was dominating the ruck and palming it down but in the last quarter he continually grabbed the ball out of the ruck and kicked it in to an opposition player, he was trying to win the game off his own boot.  The Lions panicked in the last quarter and they lost all semblance of teamwork and were just hacking the ball forward, they should have won easily.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Dogs had thrown everything they had at us to get in front. In truth they should have been level at best, as we had squandered shots on goal, going from 4.3 in the first to 5.9 in the second.

Hannan's muffed handball could have been the first sign of fatigue as from then on they were pretty much powerless to resist the onslaught.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Although Gawn had little direct impact during our 3rd quarter blitz, him going forward disconnected the Bulldogs  defence. Easton Wood was so spooked by Gawn being forward that he left Fritsch unmarked allowing him a free attack on the deep ball by Petracca for his third goal. The next play Bulldogs defence was stretched badly trying to cover our three deep forwards allowed Brown a clean unmolested mark.

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cards13 said:

We all know it but BT is a bell end… “Bullen from 47….” Get his name right old fella.

I still can't fathom why he thought half the Perth based crowd would leave before the end of the game because we were giving them a belting.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I can’t believe we are talking about Hannan as if he would have made any difference. I recall mentioning in the lead up to the granny that he has never so much as played 2 good quarters in a row for us much less 2 games in a row.

The guy is an okay attacking half forward flanker, who can get on the end of a couple. He may as well have not been on the ground and at no point did I think of him as being a credible threat.

• Like 2