PF: Melbourne vs Geelong

Demonland

5 hours ago, Cassiew said:

I am scared out of my brains. For football I have never known fear like this before. The fact that this is our best chance to win a premiership in this lifetime and the possibility that this might be our last game for the season is terrifying. I’m almost too fearful to watch the game

Agree my friend. I am already getting tense and nervous. My stomach churns. And it’s 3 days before the preliminary final, let alone the Grand Final. 

This is our year. I have to believe it.  The opportunity is there for us.

For so long we have watched other sides enjoy the glory and their supporters mock us.  (How many premierships have you won in colour!!). 

We have the team. We are as good if not better than anyone else. We can win it. We have to win it.  

• Like 4
  • Love 3

What's there to be nervous about? We win - brilliant. We don't - the sun still comes up on Saturday. Us supporters have 0 influence over the result. No point worrying about what one cannot control. We are going to win anyway.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

There is absolutely no way we will, or should, play Majak Daw this week.

He was always a break glass in case of emergency list addition. There is no emergency.

I am not saying that he will be playing. I am analysing why he is training with our top squad. This is something that I would like to know, particularly at the training level, to attempt to understand what he is bringing to our preparation (so far, twice in the past week). Alternatively, it may be a decoy to unwelcome observers from Geelong FC or some other purpose, and why? As i stated, inquisitive I do remain whilst also speculative and reasoned in a circumstance where someone on DL might have a more accurate knowledge than my humble reasonings.

9 minutes ago, Clintosaurus said:

What's there to be nervous about? We win - brilliant. We don't - the sun still comes up on Saturday. Us supporters have 0 influence over the result. No point worrying about what one cannot control. We are going to win anyway.

I completely understand what you are saying and it makes 100% sense. Unfortunately a flaw of the human condition is that some of us worry more about what we can’t control than what we can control. 😬

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

I like that....dissect Cats  :)

I still find it interesting Melbourne & Geelong have never met in a Grand Final being the 2 x oldest clubs.

(Cats and Dogs have never played off in one either for that matter).

Yeah...indicative of how lousey the Cats have been over so many years... hahaha

4 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

I am not saying that he will be playing. I am analysing why he is training with our top squad. This is something that I would like to know, particularly at the training level, to attempt to understand what he is bringing to our preparation (so far, twice in the past week). Alternatively, it may be a decoy to unwelcome observers from Geelong FC or some other purpose, and why? As i stated, inquisitive I do remain whilst also speculative and reasoned in a circumstance where someone on DL might have a more accurate knowledge than my humble reasonings.

Pretty obvious that he provides a big body to train against.  Plus if we do have to break the glass he'll be ready

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Smith won't get dropped. Geelong play a tall forward line.

Smith's pace is a good asset, he's a direct match up for Rohan, his defensive craft and skill set worry me though Daz. 

Agree with him being a better option on talls.

I think Hibbo offers more in the way of skill set, defensive craft and (1%) dogged determination but it's hard to get in or any player for that matter without the VFL comp up and running.

Happy to see the No change board come up Thursday Night.

Edited by Win4theAges

2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Ball use is very important. But equally line breaking pace is very important against a slow and aging Geelong. 
Given Geelong are going tall, Smith will need to stay. I would bring in Hunt if fully fit for Bowey. 
Prelims are a big jump in intensity. Bowey is a kid and did look a little nervous against Brisbane (which is totally understandable). Against a very experienced opponent I would prefer Hunt. 

Give me Bowey for he is a better footballer than Hunty or Smith.

Did well in the last 3 quarters in Qual  Final and has played 5 good games.

No need to drop him.

Smith might just stay in for his size etc but Coaches  value Hunty's run and carry, 

19 minutes ago, Win4theAges said:

Smith's pace is a good asset, he's a direct match up for Rohan, his defensive craft and skill set worry me though Daz. 

Agree with him being a better option on talls.

I think Hibbo offers more in the way of skill set, defensive craft and (1%) dogged determination but it's hard to get in or any player for that matter without the VFL comp up and running.

Happy to see the No change board come up Thursday Night.

Hibbo experienced, cool head, tough competitor

Hunt if fit has great speed & can break the lines

Bowie just concerned in a big final  with only a few games under his belt may get exposed

Smith is too lose got exposed against Cameron

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

Hibbo experienced, cool head, tough competitor

Hunt if fit has great speed & can break the lines

Bowie just concerned in a big final  with only a few games under his belt may get exposed

Smith is too lose got exposed against Cameron

For me its about the bigger bodies required in finals. For this reason I lean toward Hibbo

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JTR said:

Apologies if a re-post...

Loved Nate's gentle touch up of Selwood.

I loath Geeelong and my son thinks it is because of all the years that they made us sit on concrete behind a wire fence down at the Cattery. I think it is because of their obnoxious and arrogant leaders. If we get behind they will never know when we are going to pounce such is the mental demons they will now have after our last game.

• Like 2

I don't know why, but when I think about how Geelong envisage beating us it brings back memories of this Simpson's moment.

r/TheSimpsons - You've gotta visualize how you're gonna win

• Haha 2

I'm feeling sick because I hate Geelong so much I can't cope with the idea of them beating us and then potentially winning the GF. I don't think I will feel as bad as this if we get through to the GF, particularly if Port win their PF, as I have a couple of really good friends who I could be happy for even If I am devastated.

I am starting to feel that Optus may be better for us than the MCG, as I think the crowd will be 90/10 our way (and pretty feral against the cats) and I'm hoping they will influence the umpires like they do for West Coast games. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Smokey said:

Yesterday I was calm. 

Today I am quite anxious. 

This is already one of the longest weeks of my life. 

I'm confident but by the time they bounce the ball Friday night I'll be a mess.
The way I see it the only way we'll lose is if we tighten up and fail to take our opportunities in front of goal.
The boys will come out and stamp their authority I reckon.
They've been thinking about these finals the whole year proven to me by Tomlinsons devastation when he did his knee.
He knew then what he may be missing and the whole side is absolutely primed to go.
The boys are on a mission and this flag will not be dropped by complacency.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Clintosaurus said:

Clearly not a Melbournian. 
The sun comes out. You watch it longingly from inside. Then you cry about losing your freedom and losing to Geelong. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Monocology said:

Still confident about facing slooooooow cats - but, incase it goes otherwise - how many would be allowed to attend my funeral in person, being Victorian?

I take it from your Avatar pic that your demise will come from sipping from a cup a frothy ale found beside your throne.........

(Love his one man show)

2 hours ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Simples.....We are in quarantine.  We can't have contact with outsiders.  So in order to run full match practice we have taken the whole squad.  So Hore, Majak, Chandler, Jones, Bradtke etc are all there.