Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 17 vs Port Adelaide

Demonland

1 hour ago, demon3165 said:

Liability was a harsh word but watch the replay two out of bounds on the full from kick outs, passes that did not hit the mark just from dinky kicks and he has a habit that if he expects to get tackled turns his back and handballs over his head.

He is an important player because at his best he is damaging but can be lazy (that might have been a better saying).

image.gif.7449dce695751a11429c17e823118c90.gif

Salem doesn’t like to indiscriminate kicks. Salem likes to get the ball forward to a teammate and is always asked to do so, if he occasionally [censored] it up it is because that is inevitable. I don’t need to tell you how important he is do I? Do I?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, demon3165 said:

Liability was a harsh word but watch the replay two out of bounds on the full from kick outs, passes that did not hit the mark just from dinky kicks and he has a habit that if he expects to get tackled turns his back and handballs over his head.

He is an important player because at his best he is damaging but can be lazy (that might have been a better saying).

Has not dropped below 84% disposal efficiency in the last five weeks…..not too shabby for a half back ??

• Like 5

1 hour ago, binman said:

Oh, please.

I resisted responding to your previous post on Salem because it was twaddle. 

At his best he can be damaging?

In our top 5 most important players. Absolutely critical to our game plan.

Two out of bounds on the full from kick outs, passes that did not hit the mark?

Salem Is our best kick by a mile. And his ability to hit target under pressure is phenomenonal. And again a huge part of our game plan, in particular our ability to not lose the ball in our back half and transition to our front half.

Lazy?

Absolute bollocks. His numbers are of the charts. He gets huge disposal numbers for a half back and covers huge territory.

In fact one of the most impressive (and important) parts of his game is his ability to continue to hit targets when he is red lining and fatigued.

When the lions played us, pagan tagged two players - Lever and Salem. Because both are so important for 

I have already said he is an important player did you not read that? Just because i think he can be lazy at times with the ball does not mean he is not important but he has his flaws and people are allowed their opinion does not make them right or wrong we all watch games through different eyes and different views.

I for one am not a big follower of stat's they can also be misleading but that's my view.

• Like 1

Salem brief is to deliver the ball forward from a high risk part of the ground. Every kick he takes has an element of danger because he’s exiting hostile territory and often under extreme pressure. Only the best ball users have this role and is impossible to be a 100% perfect. It’s a matter of percentages.  Even Daniel Rich arguably the best kicker from defence has a few clangers every game to go with his usual 20 or so sublime deliveries upfield.

Edited by John Crow Batty
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, old dee said:

Funny that isn’t it. I watched again yesterday afternoon and I agree. Also thought Brown played better than I thought Thursday night. 

ANB's work rate is exceptional but especially in the last half, his execution was second rate, shall we say. Still, what he lacks in 'class' he sure makes up by his sheer involvement and intensity.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, demon3165 said:

Salem can be a liability at times Hollywood handpasses, lazy kicking and sometimes short steps but then you have the good side, important link plays and great kicking just wish he could be the latter all the time.

Maybe once or twice a season. ?

• Like 3

Hello Demon3165. I have watched the Port game three times now and I still cannot believe how often Salem manages to find a teammate by foot when surrounded by opponents. Someone said he is lazy. It just looks that way because he is so quick-witted he always seems to have time to spare. I reckon he is the Dees' best chance for the Brownlow.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I just watched the replay again and the Fox commentary team after the game led by Ed with Leigh Montagna and Kingy was well worth a watch, showed the Song, Tracc brilliance and then a really good interview with Max. They showed Max respect and he was excellent. A great leader.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

I just watched the replay again and the Fox commentary team after the game led by Ed with Leigh Montagna and Kingy was well worth a watch, showed the Song, Tracc brilliance and then a really good interview with Max. They showed Max respect and he was excellent. A great leader.

Yeah it was surprisingly good although Eddie was holding back the tears saying how good we were. They talked about Kossie finally being able to get home and see his family after the passing of his mother earlier in the year also, which has previously been mentioned. Max interview was superb.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, old dee said:

Here I go again, Spargo has turned into a very useful player.

While different physically, I reckon Spargo is keeping Melksham out of the team.  Has equivalent or better vision, footy IQ, finds time and space and usually hits targets with low, flat kicks that are difficult to intercept. Can be quite handy at scoring.  And he has 10 times the defensives of Melksham.

• Like 7

It's been a pretty tough time in the Onion household over the last 11 months, a range of external things occurring that impact day to day life. 

The first 4 months were stressful, a bit of a lull between feb and march and now last 4 months have been particularly stressful... 

BUT... corresponding to this all has being a filip of something I have never had in my lifetime. 

I can't recall the author - but "something something ...opium for the masses" and indeed this year The Dees have been my opium.

Anyway - there is some now light on a range of fronts that I can start to see... 

And in a rare bit of - rewatching a replay - this image right here... was the ball game.

1924010606_ScreenShot2021-07-10at5_00_32pm.png.fba1944d6e5ab1cdf0c791279a3ee6b1.png

Jeez we're in some rare form...but jeez it feels sustainable

Apologies for vague posting... sometimes you just got to release it to your community even though you're essential anonymous (to most).

*A nod to the community outreach centre that is Demonland and its cohort.

** Also, on reflection, this post is really more about the excellence of Melbourne, and how given context, this season is far more like a heart balm, than mere exhilaration and unbridled joy! And that's fine by me.

Edited by Engorged Onion
  • Like 9
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

While different physically, I reckon Spargo is keeping Melksham out of the team.  Has equivalent or better vision, footy IQ, finds time and space and usually hits targets with low, flat kicks that are difficult to intercept. Can be quite handy at scoring.  And he has 10 times the defensives of Melksham.

5 hours ago, dieter said:

ANB's work rate is exceptional but especially in the last half, his execution was second rate, shall we say. Still, what he lacks in 'class' he sure makes up by his sheer involvement and intensity.

Spargo is a natural footballer whereas ANB is an athlete who has learned some football skills. Both go much better when the team system is working. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, GOLORDIE said:

Hello Demon3165. I have watched the Port game three times now and I still cannot believe how often Salem manages to find a teammate by foot when surrounded by opponents. Someone said he is lazy. It just looks that way because he is so quick-witted he always seems to have time to spare. I reckon he is the Dees' best chance for the Brownlow.

I was going to watch the replay but was scared wed lose.....only we could do that. :)

Seriously Salem is the most chilled player we have. Hes just so relaxed and doesnt get phased when 3 players are about to crunch him into tomorrow. Hes not lazy at all.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2021 at 11:37 PM, Sir Why You Little said:

Those Neanderthals are just all class

2B430A00-6A17-480D-9BD9-9EEEA0C6E9B8.jpeg

That's Koshie's wife !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

It's been a pretty tough time in the Onion household over the last 11 months, a range of external things occurring that impact day to day life. 

The first 4 months were stressful, a bit of a lull between feb and march and now last 4 months have been particularly stressful... 

BUT... corresponding to this all has being a filip of something I have never had in my lifetime. 

I can't recall the author - but "something something ...opium for the masses" and indeed this year The Dees have been my opium.

Anyway - there is some now light on a range of fronts that I can start to see... 

And in a rare bit of - rewatching a replay - this image right here... was the ball game.

1924010606_ScreenShot2021-07-10at5_00_32pm.png.fba1944d6e5ab1cdf0c791279a3ee6b1.png

Apologies for vague posting... sometimes you just got to release it to your community even though you're essential anonymous (to most).

** Also, on reflection, this post is really more about the excellence of Melbourne, and how given context, this season is far more like a heart balm, than mere exhilaration and unbridled joy! And that's fine by me.

I’m right there with you Onion. 2021 has been a train wreck in the Nasher household too. Kicked it off with my mother’s passing on 4th Jan and that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the year. 

Feels weird for the MFC to be a consistent positive in my life when all else has gone to shit, for most of my life it’s been the other way around. I understand this won’t go on forever but I’m totally riding it and feeling the love while it does.

It’s personal policy to steer clear of Demonland after a loss though.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, Nasher said:

I’m right there with you Onion. 2021 has been a train wreck in the Nasher household too. Kicked it off with my mother’s passing on 4th Jan and that pretty much set the tone for the rest of the year. 

Feels weird for the MFC to be a consistent positive in my life when all else has gone to [censored], for most of my life it’s been the other way around. I understand this won’t go on forever but I’m totally riding it and feeling the love while it does.

Hey Nasher & Engorged Onion, hope you guys are ok? Hoping the Dees are providing some cheer. Reach out and pm me anytime if you need to chat. (Ps Demondland-Missing a ‘care’ emoji)

Edited by Lord Ivanhoe
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, Engorged Onion said:

?

22 hours ago, GOLORDIE said:

Salem has a football brain, knows his limitations, knows his strengths. In many stages and moments of a game, he uses his incredible judgment to instantly self-organise to the immediate environment in which he is operating in order to elicit exceptional delivery skills by hand and foot to a teammate. These skills are so good and so well-above average that he looks too composed to many; in fact, some put it down to idle laziness. It just ain't the case. Salem creates his own time schedule in split seconds, never panics in his deliveries, makes ground and disposes accurately. What more could a team want?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Nasher said:

Feels weird for the MFC to be a consistent positive in my life when all else has gone to [censored], for most of my life it’s been the other way around. I understand this won’t go on forever but I’m totally riding it and feeling the love while it does.

For the love of God Nash, never, and I repeat never, go on the game day threads!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, binman said:

For the love of God Nash, never, and I repeat never, go on the game day threads!

While the game day thread can do your head in, there is an unwritten Demonland law that “whatever happens on the game day thread, stays on the game day thread” and anything you say should not be used against you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

While the game day thread can do your head in, there is an unwritten Demonland law that “whatever happens on the game day thread, stays on the game day thread” and anything you say should not be used against you.

The crows tried to apply the same rule to their preseason camp

• Haha 1