Jump to content

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor   

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor   


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two more girls have now come out and said they've received inappropriate picture from him. There seems to be a Patton going on here.                  

Yep, this is exactly what is wrong with our society. This assumptions that girls are forever 'asking for it', if they choose to wear tight clothes, go out to a bar or heaven forbid, give a guy their n

Of all the set backs he’s had with his body this is the first groin complaint as far as I know. 

Well Paton seems to fit a fair amount of people statstically with his sexting. A university of Sydney showed the follwing data in regards to sexting.

Have you ever sent a sexual message: 13 to 15 year olds 38%. 16 to 18 50% and adults 19 and over 59%.

Have you ever recieved a sexual message: 13 to 15 year olds 62%. 16 to 18 70% and adults 68%.

I wonder how many of them do it on a regular basis like Patton has. He is a sports person and should know better but it seems to be a common habit amongst people. I would rather look at different cans of beer than get involved with this shizen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, dl4e said:

Well Paton seems to fit a fair amount of people statstically with his sexting. A university of Sydney showed the follwing data in regards to sexting.

Have you ever sent a sexual message: 13 to 15 year olds 38%. 16 to 18 50% and adults 19 and over 59%.

Have you ever recieved a sexual message: 13 to 15 year olds 62%. 16 to 18 70% and adults 68%.

I wonder how many of them do it on a regular basis like Patton has. He is a sports person and should know better but it seems to be a common habit amongst people. I would rather look at different cans of beer than get involved with this shizen.

Those survey results paint a sad picture of how young people go about personal relationships.  But maybe I'm a bit old school when it comes to communicating with people. 

Presumably the survey covered sexting that was consensual. 

The issue with Patton is he sent very explicit images and videos, which were unsoliciited and by some accounts has been doing so for years. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dl4e said:

Well Paton seems to fit a fair amount of people statstically with his sexting.

Lol, that's like arguing that the charges against DeGoey aren't serious because hey, who hasn't brought a girl home after a night out. Sexting isn't the issue - it's the lack of consent. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Numerous women have been allegedly sexually harassed.

Patton has checked into hospital for mental health treatment.

And this thread seems to be about who is the 'smuttiest'.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Numerous women have been allegedly sexually harassed.

Patton has checked into hospital for mental health treatment.

And this thread seems to be about who is the 'smuttiest'.

 

So, who are you supporting?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

It's not a footy match.

 

What sort of a reply is that?

You’ve shown support for JP because the clown has pulled the mental health card. 
Snowflake. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, McQueen said:

What sort of a reply is that?

You’ve shown support for JP because the clown has pulled the mental health card. 
Snowflake. 

No I haven't.

I've pointed out there's serious issues here and the Demonland commentary has revolved around smutty jokes and now apparently pathetic name calling.

Grow up.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

No I haven't.

I've pointed out there's serious issues here and the Demonland commentary has revolved around smutty jokes and now apparently pathetic name calling.

Grow up.

You probably shouldn't get on your high horse and start berating other posters.

I know you're now confused about the Patton issue because you were probably about to criticise his behaviour and now he's a victim of mental health/social media but really just try not to make it about yourself.

Nobody is all good/all bad.

One day you might adjust to that reality.

Edited by Biffen
Gimme a spell.
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, don't make me angry said:

Why is it everytime a AFL player gets in trouble they blame mental illness?

It’s a very interesting question, I had a little argument with someone once saying that it appears (on the surface) that it’s a very common occurrence for public figures who have made morally poor decisions/illegal acts to end up pulling out the “taking time away for mental health reasons”. 

It’s difficult not to see it from the public’s point of view as the person not taking proper responsibility for their actions and using mental health as a screen to hide behind. 

That said, I have no doubt that the nature of this story being made public has caused him great distress and affected his mental health because it probably would to anyone.

Edited by Pates
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Biffen said:

You probably shouldn't get on your high horse and start berating other posters.

I know you're now confused about the Patton issue because you were probably about to criticise his behaviour and now he's a victim of mental health/social media but really just try not to make it about yourself.

Nobody is all good/all bad.

One day you might adjust to that reality.

That was the entire point of my post.

Ironic that you would miss that whilst tripping over yourself to have a crack at me.

Perhaps stick to the dirty jokes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lord Nev said:

That was the entire point of my post.

Ironic that you would miss that whilst tripping over yourself to have a crack at me.

Perhaps stick to the dirty jokes.

My jokes aren't usually dirty.

Crass and infantile,often crude and offensive ,but I leave dirty to others.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, McQueen said:

You’ve shown support for JP because the clown has pulled the mental health card. 

It's because of attitudes like this that people drive their cars into trees rather than confront the reality and seriousness of mental illness and get the help they need.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Accepting Mediocrity said:

Lol, that's like arguing that the charges against DeGoey aren't serious because hey, who hasn't brought a girl home after a night out. Sexting isn't the issue - it's the lack of consent. 

and the grossness of content to people he never met

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Demonland said:

 

In other words Hawthorn have sent him there to make out they are doing something about it.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest TBH.
Young bloke front page of the paper and all over social media outted for being a serial self flagellator.
Long tough road infront of him as he'd be gettng sledged from all directions for years to come.
Public humiliation such as this would be tough to deal with.
I'd be concerned for his mental wellbeing also.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had my fair share of mental health problems. I take meds everyday that really work for me, but I’ve also ended up in hospital from being in some fairly scary places inside my own head. I’m very upfront about it to anybody, as aside from being a Melbourne supporter, I appear to be a fairly well adjusted, well mannered and ‘in control’ person.

I absolutely loathe the confusion that these kind of situations create for the general pubic around mental health issues. It really does come across, as others have noted, as a ‘card played’. I know for a fact that this has been the case in the AFL in regards to recreational drug issues in the passed. If it truly is the case that a player is having a mental health crisis then the AFLPA needs to have an agreement with the media that it doesn’t get reported on. It’s a better outcome for the player involved, and much better for the community - who can understand mental health problems as diverse and unique, but not feel like they are just a PR stunt. 

  • Like 12
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

I’ve had my fair share of mental health problems. I take meds everyday that really work for me, but I’ve also ended up in hospital from being in some fairly scary places inside my own head. I’m very upfront about it to anybody, as aside from being a Melbourne supporter, I appear to be a fairly well adjusted, well mannered and ‘in control’ person.

I absolutely loathe the confusion that these kind of situations create for the general pubic around mental health issues. It really does come across, as others have noted, as a ‘card played’. I know for a fact that this has been the case in the AFL in regards to recreational drug issues in the passed. If it truly is the case that a player is having a mental health crisis then the AFLPA needs to have an agreement with the media that it doesn’t get reported on. It’s a better outcome for the player involved, and much better for the community - who can understand mental health problems as diverse and unique, but not feel like they are just a PR stunt. 

No doubt he's got underlying issues with how he spends his spare time but I'd suggest mental health concerns relating to his personal safety are the priority after he has been so publicly exposed.

I'm not defendng his behaviour but it's the sort of thing that could tip some over the edge.
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

No doubt he's got underlying issues with how he spends his spare time but I'd suggest mental health concerns relating to his personal safety are the priority after he has been so publicly exposed.

I'm not defendng his behaviour but it's the sort of thing that could tip some over the edge.
 

For sure. I agree with you. I’m more venting my frustration at how confusing this makes mental health issues for the general public, when they don’t hear about it except in these circumstances. 

You’ve got to wonder what the point of it being reported on actually is anyway. It’s certainly no good for him if it’s true, so why is it all over the papers? It just adds to the public cynicism.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

 You’ve got to wonder what the point of it being reported on actually is anyway. It’s certainly no good for him if it’s true, so why is it all over the papers? It just adds to the public cynicism.

Same reason media outlets go with any headline these days.
Will it make good clickbait.
I'll bet they couldn't wait to run with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    BRIDESMAIDS AGAIN by Whispering Jack

    BRIDESMAIDS AGAIN by Whispering Jack Historians of the future will have little difficulty in finding words to define the year 2020. “Covid-19”, “pandemic” and “plague” come readily to mind. The Covid-19 pandemic dominated the year in every aspect of life and it certainly didn’t spare AFL football or the Melbourne Football Club. In the circumstances however, it didn’t treat it as badly as the Spanish Flu epidemic which raged a century earlier from February 1918, through 1919 and into 19

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TASMANIAN TIGER by Whispering Jack

    I first saw Ben Brown on a cold Tuesday night in May, 2013 playing for the Werribee Tigers against Queanbeyan in a televised Foxtel Cup game before a sparse crowd at Etihad Stadium. His teammate and former Demon Jordan Gysberts was the star of the side’s 85-point belting of the hapless ACT club but the then 20 year old, 200cm Brown was also a stand out.  Earlier that year, the athletic big man had left his native Tasmania in an effort to make the grade after being overlooked in three drafts

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2020 by The Oracle

    Part One: The Cure It could be coincidental but since the AFL Free Agency and Trade Period began, the State of Victoria has recorded eight consecutive days of no new active cases and no deaths from Covid19. It might be a little early to announce that a cure for this dreaded virus has been discovered but one thing can be said with some certainty after following the ins and outs of the free agency and trading process — mankind is still a long way off finding a cure for boredom. That stat

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 1

    CHANGES 2020 by The Oracle

    Part One: A very strange year Things might have been somewhat hairy when the 1919 football season opened up in the wake of the ending of a world war and in the middle of a pandemic that took millions of lives but it’s difficult to imagine a more unusual football season than the one that ended a week or so ago. For starters, the footy is supposed to finish on that one day in September on the MCG in mild spring weather; not deep into October at the Gabba amid warnings of tropical storms and h

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 1

    DEMONLAND 2020 A TO Z by George on the Outer

    A- Alice Springs. Happy hunting ground.     B- Backline. Finally found the non-leaking version.   C- Cairns & Covid. How a season was ruined.    D- Demonland. Mental Health facility run by the inmates.   E- The grade you get when you don’t make F- F- Finals. What are they? G- Goals. Lack of them. Need a forward who can kick them….lots! H- Hub. Where players got to live with people you can’t stand. I- Injuries. Miracle cure provided by Dr. Burgess.  

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    WASH, RINSE, SPIN, REPEAT! by George On The Outer

    Although the Demons got over the line in their must win final round game against the hapless Bombers, they ensured it was Groundhog Day for their supporters who well remember what happened three years ago (although, this time they at least enjoyed the success of victory). Melbourne had its customary start dominating play and having plenty of chances in front of goal, only to find itself down on the scoreboard at the first change. Inaccurate kicking, particularly from set shots would have pu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE LUCK OF THE DRAW by Whispering Jack

    The long awaited clash between Melbourne and Essendon is almost upon us. Thirty-seven rounds of AFL football have passed by since the two clubs met on a balmy early April night last year in a game that produced a high scoring shootout at the MCG with the Bombers prevailing by 18 points. It was their only meeting for 2019 and happened at a time when the pandemic was something on the far distant horizon. Several months later when the 2019 season ended, the AFL issued the first of its fixtures

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THERE’S STILL A HEARTBEAT by George on the Outer

    When bottom side Adelaide scrapped together a win over the Giants last week, a tiny glimmer of hope opened up for the Demons’ finals chances. The patient was in intensive care but not quite finished — there was a faint pulse, a heart beating ever so slightly but was it enough when two more wins and other results were needed to fall their way? The first step was the resuscitation of a team that had lost its last two matches against sides then sitting fifteenth and sixteenth on the ladder. On

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 1

    THE FINAL HUMILIATION by The Oracle

    On Sunday, the Melbourne Football Club that won three consecutive games by in excess of 50 points last month returns to the Gabba, the scene of the last of those victories which was a 56 point drubbing of Collingwood. The Demons got off to a good start and won every quarter with a ruthless and powerful brand of football. They kicked 16 goals that day, their accuracy in front of goal a tribute to the skills the put on display throughout the afternoon and evening. In the four matches playe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    GIVEN THE OLD HEAVE HO’ by George on the Outer

    Fremantle gave Melbourne the old heave ho’ from playing finals in 2020, in conditions that the Demons yet again failed to handle.   With the whole season on the line and the need to win to stay in contention for finals, what the fans saw was much the same as they have been witnessing so many times before — a complete debacle and capitulation against a side that sat 15th on the ladder before the game.     Promises made after the loss to the 16th placed Sydney Swans were rendered h

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    GETTING THE HEAVE HO by Bananabender

    The ute barely made it up to Cairns in time for us to check into the motel, fling a cane toad out the bathroom. and head over to Cazaly’s Stadium where we took up our position on the wing. There, we saw a completely different Melbourne to the one we watched on the screen only a few nights earlier from Alice Springs. This lot wore similar colours and Maxy dominated the ruck but the similarities ended there - the Demons were simply dreadful against the Swans. They started sluggishly, were spe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A CLANGER IN CAIRNS by George on the Outer

    Having fought back into finals contention, the Demons had it all before them when facing a lowly Sydney in Cairns.  But in typical Melbourne fashion, they threw away the opportunity to cement their spot in the eight with a clanger of a game.  Right from the start, there was little to enthuse from the Melbourne players, who appeared to think that they only had to turn up, enjoy the North Queensland sun, and take away the four points.  Compared with the furious ground wide pressure of the

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...