Jump to content

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor   

  • Podcast: Jason Taylor   


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, hemingway said:

No it’s not, he’s a footballer. 

Footballers and immature and bad behaviour go hand in hand. Familiar bedfellows. 

No that's not even close to any truth.

Ths same could be Said for a lawyer plumber nurse or student or D/L er!!!
JP is singled out because he is in the gold fish bowl.

Our coaches are just the same as the population With marriage problems.

Unfortunately it's not a very wise way to seek some Express tlc or salvation shopping yourself around during a pandemic!

If this is what's happening at " The Family Club" then there is no help for the other 17 Clubs!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Two more girls have now come out and said they've received inappropriate picture from him. There seems to be a Patton going on here.                  

Yep, this is exactly what is wrong with our society. This assumptions that girls are forever 'asking for it', if they choose to wear tight clothes, go out to a bar or heaven forbid, give a guy their n

Of all the set backs he’s had with his body this is the first groin complaint as far as I know. 

If he was 'flashing' himself in real life he would be charged with 'indecent exposure'.  Do it often enough to the same person and there would be an IVO on him.  Unsolicited indecent exposure on the internet should still be a crime .

On some reports this has been constant behaviour by him for a long time.  It sounds really gross.

Apparently he has deleted his social media accounts.  Not sure if this means his shenanigans cannot be traced.  Or if the Hawks 'integrity' investigation would even be willing to check the trail with the internet platforms.  All to convenient.  I can see a result of not enough evidence, some counselling and all move on. 

The AFL would certainly be pushing for a sweep-it-under-the-carpet.  That seems to be the result of many complaints/issues even when police are involved.

If a white-wash is the result it is terrible standard setting by the Hawks and the AFL. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

If he was 'flashing' himself in real life he would be charged with 'indecent exposure'.  Do it often enough to the same person and there would be an IVO on him.  Unsolicited indecent exposure on the internet should still be a crime .

On some reports this has been constant behaviour by him for a long time.  It sounds really gross.

Apparently he has deleted his social media accounts.  Not sure if this means his shenanigans cannot be traced.  Or if the Hawks 'integrity' investigation would even be willing to check the trail with the internet platforms.  All to convenient.  I can see a result of not enough evidence, some counselling and all move on. 

The AFL would certainly be pushing for a sweep-it-under-the-carpet.  That seems to be the result of many complaints/issues even when police are involved.

If a white-wash is the result it is terrible standard setting by the Hawks and the AFL. 

This is a test for both LH. Until proven otherwise I have faith in JK and the Hawks. Let’s see how it pans out. Anything less than a big suspension will leave the “family club”moto in ruins. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, old dee said:

This is a test for both LH. Until proven otherwise I have faith in JK and the Hawks. Let’s see how it pans out. Anything less than a big suspension will leave the “family club”moto in ruins. 

JK?

I wish I had as much faith, od.  Hawks investigating themselves can only serve to protect their own self interest.  Not sure it would be much different if the AFL investigated.

There is reason to think Patton's behaviour is not an isolated incident with AFL players so I would agree a big suspension is required to set a standard and send a message to others.  Will wait and see.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

JK?

I wish I had as much faith, od.  Hawks investigating themselves can only serve to protect their own self interest.  Not sure it would be much different if the AFL investigated.

There is reason to think Patton's behaviour is not an isolated incident with AFL players so I would agree a big suspension is required to set a standard and send a message to others.  Will wait and see.

Jeff Kennet. Agree LH I am giving them the chance to show that they can walk the walk as they have done plenty of talking over the years.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Alastair Clarkson is quite old fashioned in his view of relationships and respect for women. JP couldnt have had a less sympathetic coach. Cant see this ending well.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, demonstone said:

It would appear that General Patton has a Major Problem with his Private Parts.

Would Hawthorn consider Corporal Punishment?

Maybe, does that depend upon whether he was 'standing at attention' or 'at ease'?

  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in no way condoning Patton's behaviour, but I hope that all those laughing at Hawthorn's current situation are prepared for this story to expand in other directions. There is no way that he is the only listed AFL player to be acting in this manner.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Damo said:

Alastair Clarkson is quite old fashioned in his view of relationships and respect for women. JP couldnt have had a less sympathetic coach. Cant see this ending well.

If it were left to Kennett and the Hawthorn club, the deciding factor I think would be how his rehab was going, how positive his preparation was and how much future on-field value they saw in him. But with Clarko, I tend to agree with you that he would let his standards rule. JP must be very nervous waiting to see how the allegations stand up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I saw him play he strained his groin or upper thigh and broke down in tears (as he knew he would miss last couple of games) for at least 5 minutes. He then kept telling the Hawk doctor/trainer who was walking with him to repeatedly F* off. I may be wrong but that is my recollection of events. Im glad we dont have him.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:


Kids these days.

 Nanny Rolling Eyes GIF - NannyRollingEyes - Discover & Share GIFs | Judge  judy, Judy, Here comes the judge

To be fair it must be very confusing for this former Giant, after-all the Cerne Abbas Giant has been getting away with it for centuries.

Link to post
Share on other sites

His behaviour has been roundly denounced and far enough too.

But you do have to wonder about the blokes state of mind. Either he has a gargantuan sense of entitlement (quite possible) or he’s not thinking straight. I mean how could anyone be so oblivious to the obvious consequences of these actions? Apart from possibly ending his career he will be an object of scorn and ridicule as the posts in this thread bear out.

Not trying to make excuses but his career has been blighted by injury and frustration. Who knows what mental demons drove this bizarre behaviour? Maybe he needs a shrink and some professional help rather than blanket condemnation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

His behaviour has been roundly denounced and far enough too.

But you do have to wonder about the blokes state of mind. Either he has a gargantuan sense of entitlement (quite possible) or he’s not thinking straight. I mean how could anyone be so oblivious to the obvious consequences of these actions? Apart from possibly ending his career he will be an object of scorn and ridicule as the posts in this thread bear out.

Not trying to make excuses but his career has been blighted by injury and frustration. Who knows what mental demons drove this bizarre behaviour? Maybe he needs a shrink and some professional help rather than blanket condemnation.

In my opinion BDA, he deserves all the "blanket condemnation" he gets! He probably also needs professional help, but I'm sick of hearing "excuses" offered for anyone who thinks its acceptable to demean women - not to mention embarrassing his club, his family and least of all himself. Being an [censored] (as he must surely be given all the education all AFL players receive) does not excuse what he has allegedly done. I'd have no hesitation in sacking him if guilty. 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Better days ahead said:

His behaviour has been roundly denounced and far enough too.

But you do have to wonder about the blokes state of mind. Either he has a gargantuan sense of entitlement (quite possible) or he’s not thinking straight. I mean how could anyone be so oblivious to the obvious consequences of these actions? Apart from possibly ending his career he will be an object of scorn and ridicule as the posts in this thread bear out.

Not trying to make excuses but his career has been blighted by injury and frustration. Who knows what mental demons drove this bizarre behaviour? Maybe he needs a shrink and some professional help rather than blanket condemnation.

Unfortunately BDA this is most certainly not something that’s confined to the bubble of a footballer with entitlement issues or the state of mind of a bloke. This is something that is extremely common for women/girls that have public social media/chat accounts. Many of my female friends who have social media accounts and online dating profiles have had it happen to them several times  

I agree with @Lucifer's Herothat of this was in the public he would have the book thrown at him and with regular behaviour probably be put on the SO registry. The law is so far behind when it comes to sharing/sending content over the internet. Teenage girls can get done for creating/distribution of underage pornography by sending a picture to a boyfriend, what should someone get for repeatedly sending pictures of his dong without consent?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, Damo said:

Last time I saw him play he strained his groin or upper thigh and broke down in tears (as he knew he would miss last couple of games) 

Maybe it was because it would interrupt his posting regime?

 

3 hours ago, Damo said:

He then kept telling the Hawk doctor/trainer who was walking with him to repeatedly F* off.

That Patton. Always thinking about sex. Jesus!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neil Crompton said:

In my opinion BDA, he deserves all the "blanket condemnation" he gets! He probably also needs professional help, but I'm sick of hearing "excuses" offered for anyone who thinks its acceptable to demean women - not to mention embarrassing his club, his family and least of all himself. Being an [censored] (as he must surely be given all the education all AFL players receive) does not excuse what he has allegedly done. I'd have no hesitation in sacking him if guilty. 

 

1 hour ago, Pates said:

Unfortunately BDA this is most certainly not something that’s confined to the bubble of a footballer with entitlement issues or the state of mind of a bloke. This is something that is extremely common for women/girls that have public social media/chat accounts. Many of my female friends who have social media accounts and online dating profiles have had it happen to them several times  

I agree with @Lucifer's Herothat of this was in the public he would have the book thrown at him and with regular behaviour probably be put on the SO registry. The law is so far behind when it comes to sharing/sending content over the internet. Teenage girls can get done for creating/distribution of underage pornography by sending a picture to a boyfriend, what should someone get for repeatedly sending pictures of his dong without consent?

I’m obviously not up to speed with what the youngsters are up to these days (and I’m not sure I want to know tbh). Didn’t realise this was widespread practice.

If he’s an entitled ahole then throw the book at him. If he has been threatening, aggressive or abusive then he deserves criminal charges and a day in court.

If he’s mentally unwell then get him the help he needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Better days ahead said:

His behaviour has been roundly denounced and far enough too.

But you do have to wonder about the blokes state of mind. Either he has a gargantuan sense of entitlement (quite possible) or he’s not thinking straight. I mean how could anyone be so oblivious to the obvious consequences of these actions? Apart from possibly ending his career he will be an object of scorn and ridicule as the posts in this thread bear out.

Not trying to make excuses but his career has been blighted by injury and frustration. Who knows what mental demons drove this bizarre behaviour? Maybe he needs a shrink and some professional help rather than blanket condemnation.

Condemnation, is that all? If it was in “public” he’d be charged and convicted with a sex crime. Why is this any different, if the ladies in question didn’t ask for a pic like he allegedly sent?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Another wake up call to all young blokes.
 

Social media. Be very very very very careful. 
 

Respect for all women always  

 

Get some perspective on reality and by the way young men, let your brain override your p&$#%s. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2021 at 8:39 AM, old dee said:

This is a test for both LH. Until proven otherwise I have faith in JK and the Hawks. Let’s see how it pans out. Anything less than a big suspension will leave the “family club”moto in ruins. 

Your faith may be justified od.  HS website caption is reporting Hawks have referred allegations to AFL's Integrity Unit.  Can't see the whole article as it is behind the paywall but the referral suggests it is serious and penalty goes beyond a mere rap-over-the-knuckles. 

Or, maybe they are looking for a political way out that 'manages the optics' and ensures precedents aren't being set...maybe they learnt Patton isn't the only player to behave so grossly.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Another wake up call to all young blokes.
 

Social media. Be very very very very careful. 
 

Respect for all women always  

 

Get some perspective on reality and by the way young men, let your brain override your p&$#%s. 

It's not just social media, just respect woman/people in all aspects of your life. Him being a [censored] on socials leads me to believe he'd be the same in how he deals with all woman/people in all aspects of his day to day behind the image he portrays. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I don't wish to seem churlish chook but I take great pride in my sniggering schoolboy toilet humour and ,consequently, feel some umbrage at your claim to producing "superior" smut.

But Uncle, I have always been led to believe that schoolboys grow up and become adults and use adult humour. Did you miss an important developmental stage? 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, chook fowler said:

I bow to the Master

But for God's sake Chook, don't take your eyes off him when you do! 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles

    BRIDESMAIDS AGAIN by Whispering Jack

    Historians of the future will have little difficulty in finding words to define the year 2020. “Covid-19”, “pandemic” and “plague” come readily to mind. The Covid-19 pandemic dominated the year in every aspect of life and it certainly didn’t spare AFL football or the Melbourne Football Club. In the circumstances however, it didn’t treat it as badly as the Spanish Flu epidemic which raged a century earlier from February 1918, through 1919 and into 1920 when it finally petered out in April of

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TASMANIAN TIGER by Whispering Jack

    I first saw Ben Brown on a cold Tuesday night in May, 2013 playing for the Werribee Tigers against Queanbeyan in a televised Foxtel Cup game before a sparse crowd at Etihad Stadium. His teammate and former Demon Jordan Gysberts was the star of the side’s 85-point belting of the hapless ACT club but the then 20 year old, 200cm Brown was also a stand out.  Earlier that year, the athletic big man had left his native Tasmania in an effort to make the grade after being overlooked in three drafts

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    THE TRADING CHRONICLES 2020 by The Oracle

    Part One: The Cure It could be coincidental but since the AFL Free Agency and Trade Period began, the State of Victoria has recorded eight consecutive days of no new active cases and no deaths from Covid19. It might be a little early to announce that a cure for this dreaded virus has been discovered but one thing can be said with some certainty after following the ins and outs of the free agency and trading process — mankind is still a long way off finding a cure for boredom. That stat

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 1

    CHANGES 2020 by The Oracle

    Part One: A very strange year Things might have been somewhat hairy when the 1919 football season opened up in the wake of the ending of a world war and in the middle of a pandemic that took millions of lives but it’s difficult to imagine a more unusual football season than the one that ended a week or so ago. For starters, the footy is supposed to finish on that one day in September on the MCG in mild spring weather; not deep into October at the Gabba amid warnings of tropical storms and h

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features 1

    DEMONLAND 2020 A TO Z by George on the Outer

    A- Alice Springs. Happy hunting ground.     B- Backline. Finally found the non-leaking version.   C- Cairns & Covid. How a season was ruined.    D- Demonland. Mental Health facility run by the inmates.   E- The grade you get when you don’t make F- F- Finals. What are they? G- Goals. Lack of them. Need a forward who can kick them….lots! H- Hub. Where players got to live with people you can’t stand. I- Injuries. Miracle cure provided by Dr. Burgess.  

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Special Features

    WASH, RINSE, SPIN, REPEAT! by George On The Outer

    Although the Demons got over the line in their must win final round game against the hapless Bombers, they ensured it was Groundhog Day for their supporters who well remember what happened three years ago (although, this time they at least enjoyed the success of victory). Melbourne had its customary start dominating play and having plenty of chances in front of goal, only to find itself down on the scoreboard at the first change. Inaccurate kicking, particularly from set shots would have pu

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    THE LUCK OF THE DRAW by Whispering Jack

    The long awaited clash between Melbourne and Essendon is almost upon us. Thirty-seven rounds of AFL football have passed by since the two clubs met on a balmy early April night last year in a game that produced a high scoring shootout at the MCG with the Bombers prevailing by 18 points. It was their only meeting for 2019 and happened at a time when the pandemic was something on the far distant horizon. Several months later when the 2019 season ended, the AFL issued the first of its fixtures

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    THERE’S STILL A HEARTBEAT by George on the Outer

    When bottom side Adelaide scrapped together a win over the Giants last week, a tiny glimmer of hope opened up for the Demons’ finals chances. The patient was in intensive care but not quite finished — there was a faint pulse, a heart beating ever so slightly but was it enough when two more wins and other results were needed to fall their way? The first step was the resuscitation of a team that had lost its last two matches against sides then sitting fifteenth and sixteenth on the ladder. On

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports 1

    THE FINAL HUMILIATION by The Oracle

    On Sunday, the Melbourne Football Club that won three consecutive games by in excess of 50 points last month returns to the Gabba, the scene of the last of those victories which was a 56 point drubbing of Collingwood. The Demons got off to a good start and won every quarter with a ruthless and powerful brand of football. They kicked 16 goals that day, their accuracy in front of goal a tribute to the skills the put on display throughout the afternoon and evening. In the four matches playe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    GIVEN THE OLD HEAVE HO’ by George on the Outer

    Fremantle gave Melbourne the old heave ho’ from playing finals in 2020, in conditions that the Demons yet again failed to handle.   With the whole season on the line and the need to win to stay in contention for finals, what the fans saw was much the same as they have been witnessing so many times before — a complete debacle and capitulation against a side that sat 15th on the ladder before the game.     Promises made after the loss to the 16th placed Sydney Swans were rendered h

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    GETTING THE HEAVE HO by Bananabender

    The ute barely made it up to Cairns in time for us to check into the motel, fling a cane toad out the bathroom. and head over to Cazaly’s Stadium where we took up our position on the wing. There, we saw a completely different Melbourne to the one we watched on the screen only a few nights earlier from Alice Springs. This lot wore similar colours and Maxy dominated the ruck but the similarities ended there - the Demons were simply dreadful against the Swans. They started sluggishly, were spe

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    A CLANGER IN CAIRNS by George on the Outer

    Having fought back into finals contention, the Demons had it all before them when facing a lowly Sydney in Cairns.  But in typical Melbourne fashion, they threw away the opportunity to cement their spot in the eight with a clanger of a game.  Right from the start, there was little to enthuse from the Melbourne players, who appeared to think that they only had to turn up, enjoy the North Queensland sun, and take away the four points.  Compared with the furious ground wide pressure of the

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports


×
×
  • Create New...