POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Collingwood

Demonland

2 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Given we gave the cats a run for their money and could have just as easily pinched the Lions game, Im starting to think maybe the port game was the odd game out.

Surely despite cwoods outs we did the business and have asserted our right in the 8.

Tonight's game aside, we've lost to the other 5 teams we've played above us

We've beaten 12, 13, 15, 17, 18  as well as a depleted Pies at 7

I'm happy, just not getting carried away

• Like 3
  • Angry 1

19 minutes ago, dee-tox said:

Vander's was one of the most influential players on the ground in the first half. He splits packs, makes us walk taller and puts the fear of God in the opposition. I couldn't care if he had no stats!

Couldn't agree more.
And he's down there with May for the tag team.
Sick of watching us get beat up over the years.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

If we had beaten cats and lions we would be 2nd.

Happy your happy but just saying we were only thumped once.

Go Dees.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, DSP said:

Sensational effort boys. 2nd Quarter was very impressive. Didn't stop running all day, showed some real hunger.

Not gonna lie, beating the filth always feels just that little better.

Were you brought up in West Heidelberg?

1 minute ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

You play what's put on the park.

We had a horrible 2019. Let us supporters at least enjoy this win for once.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Great team effort tonight albeit against a banged up Pies unit who still had some great players, Sidebottom, Adams, Grundy et al. But looking at the game we had a few passengers so there is ample room for improvement on paper of course. Do we have better options for Tomlinson, Jones, TMac, AVB? Don’t change all but there are some options to include one or more of Hannan or OMac if the matchups are there. 

37 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Loved it. That contest accidentally knocking out a pies player was a defining moment.

Waiting for Christian to dream up a new suspendable offence “attacking the ball with reckless aggression” - - 6 weeks.  ?

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 minute ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

I said I was happy

But someone was spruiking a Premiership FFS... reign it in a little people!

Anyhow... How good was Pruess!

No where near that yet, but we are definitely getting back to our 2018 form.

Its one week at a time. Doggies game huge next week.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Melb-A-Toast said:

Just so. If we had some eggs, we could have had bacon & eggs, if we had some bacon... ?

There was a goal in each you Rhodes scholar.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Graeme Yeats' Mullet said:

We've beaten three depleted teams in a row

Granted, we won and won well as we should have - which is better than losing

But let's wait until we replicate this a few times against better sides before we get carried away

How is the market for sow's ears made from silk purses?  

2 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Its one week at a time. Doggies game huge next week.

Should be another comfortable win if we take in our current form. 

The Dogs are no good,  its a joke how hyped they were in the preseason. They're soft as.

Edited by Pickett2Jackson

OK, I just want to get this out first.  Preuss did a great job.  His first game for the season coming up against one of the big AA rucks and while he didn't break even he certainly put in a good contest.  24 Hitouts to 35 and 12 disposals to 15.  That's a really good game against Grundy, especially keeping his disposals down. 

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, monoccular said:

Waiting for Christian to dream up a new suspendable offence “attacking the ball with reckless aggression” - - 6 weeks.  ?

Vanders would get life!

I know the last 3 games have been against teams coming off 4 day breaks but we have done exactly what we should have and absolutely torn them a new one. Continue on this path lads and continue the awesome connection into our F50 in the coming weeks.

Go you mighty fu#$*&@ Demons.

• Like 2