• Podcast:      

Tinks

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - HARLEY BENNELL

All being well, this could be one of the biggest recruiting coups in many a long year!  All extremities crossed.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2020 at 2:53 PM, Moonshadow said:

Kozzie seems to be good at those too. Put one in each pocket!

Put Preusse in one pocket to charge out at the defenders, bend a little reputation here and there along the way, and to protect 'our' small forward fleet. If receiving a kick, he could be very useful for goalkicking. Don't waste him with ruckwork. He'd help to create a footballing heaven for Bennell, Kozzie and Hannan. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Demonland said:

You little beauty, Harley! 

If the match sim footage of him isn’t some weird genius CGI magic, it’s time to get excited! 

• Like 7
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, hardtack said:

All being well, this could be one of the biggest recruiting coups in many a long year!  All extremities crossed.

I really do hope we are saying that it was an incredible recruiting coupe at the end of this season.  Until then, I don't think anyone will be counting any chickens before they hatch.  Even if he plays two or three great games I think everyone will be walking on eggshells hoping he doesn't break down at any moment. 

If he does make it through sucessfully till the end of the season, then we could be faced with the issue of keeping him on our list under the salary cap, whatever that turns out being.  You would hope there would be an element of repaying the faith to the MFC for taking him on, but you just never know.

Like you say, fingers crossed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hardtack said:

I’m also crossing all my proximities!

• Haha 2

The video was just one instance but he made time stand still. His balance and poise were amazing I hope for his career and our football enjoyment he can play and thrill us all.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Great to see.   I just worry that he's calfs won't be able to handle the pace and endurance required at AFL level

Edited by one_demon

3 minutes ago, one_demon said:

Great to see.   I just worry that he's calfs won't be able to handle the pace and endurance required at AFL level

now you tell us?  sheesh

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Posted (edited)

Couldn’t see the vid that a few posters were referring to but found this -

https://twitter.com/10NewsFirstMelb/status/1265553564635668480

Edited by Dee Gee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dee Gee said:

Couldn’t see the vid that a few posters were referring to but found this -

https://twitter.com/10NewsFirstMelb/status/1265553564635668480

Here you go. Harley dancing, Weid clunking, vanders running... all good things

https://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/700087/training-vision-match-simulation?videoId=700087&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1590523223001

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Cheers Mickey, frothing already !

Have also found this too - 

I’m a bit strange but Hoges was my fav player during 2014 before he even debuted in 2015. Harley is definitely my fav MFC player even though he’s done zilch and I’ve got no shame !!! 

EDIT: Twitter footage same as 10 But not as good, plus it jarringly cuts to a segment on the filth so it’s not worth watching unfortunately 

Edited by Dee Gee

1 hour ago, chook fowler said:

I’m also crossing all my proximities!

Are your extremities busy?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dee Gee said:

Cheers Mickey, frothing already !

Have also found this too - 

I’m a bit strange but Hoges was my fav player during 2014 before he even debuted in 2015. Harley is definitely my fav MFC player even though he’s done zilch and I’ve got no shame !!! 

EDIT: Twitter footage same as 10 But not as good, plus it jarringly cuts to a segment on the filth so it’s not worth watching unfortunately 

Is that someone copping a head knock halfway through?

Bennell up and running... mouth watering prospect. Let’s see how his calves hold up, but promising signs! 

Just now, Mickey said:

Is that someone copping a head knock halfway through?

Gus unfortunately.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Lord Travis said:

Gus unfortunately.

Nothing serious... he came back on to the field not long after.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Put Preusse in one pocket to charge out at the defenders, bend a little reputation here and there along the way, and to protect 'our' small forward fleet. If receiving a kick, he could be very useful for goalkicking. Don't waste him with ruckwork. He'd help to create a footballing heaven for Bennell, Kozzie and Hannan. 

Yeah, nah.

2 rucks are sooooooo 2019

2 hours ago, one_demon said:

That would be calves, but thanks for the insite. (yes, itth spelt rong)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ManDee said:

Are your extremities busy?

maybe he means the proximal end of his extremities?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hardtack said:

Agree.

I have said on here before but i saw him at the g (social distancing not required at the top of the Ponsford that day) destroy us early in his career and thought he was destined for greatness. At the risk of hyperbole i remember one of the purest footballers and best movers i have ever seen. 

If he stays fit i see him playing as a permanent half forward who will be incredibly difficult to find a good match up for. Terrific overhead, fast, tallish and can easily cover 60 metres with his kicks so a threat from anywhere near the 50 metre arc.

• Like 5

Anyone know how he pulled up?

Harley Bennell my take "WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER"

Bring it ONNNNNNN!😀🥰🤩

• Love 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.