• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Farewell Jesse Hogan

wizardinoz

30 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Yes Hogan was a Melbourne player. Our messiah.   Big key forward described as the next Wayne Carey. 

Injuries and the go home factor mean we may not see his best in red and blue. 

MFC NEEDS TO MAKE FREO PAY TOP DOLLAR BOTH IN CONTRACT $$$ PLUS TWO FIRST ROUND PICKS

... see how this sort of talk Re our new kids, is damaging their mindsets.  Talking of them like they're super-heroes, before they've even earn't a disposal the hard way.

1 hour ago, Diamond_Jim said:

6 and say 16 for Kelly... where do we sign !!

1 hour ago, A F said:

That's the guy I'd be going for. I'd take Shiel of course, but not for a mill. Whereas, Kelly might be worth that. 

I know it won't be a popular call but I would prefer Cerra.

Huge upside, complete package.

Won't cost as much at the moment and could form part of the Hogan trade.

Love his overhead marking which makes him more dangerous in my humble opinion.

Get in his ear and convince Freo that he wants back home after his next contract.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rjay said:

I know it won't be a popular call but I would prefer Cerra.

Huge upside, complete package.

Won't cost as much at the moment and could form part of the Hogan trade.

Love his overhead marking which makes him more dangerous in my humble opinion.

Get in his ear and convince Freo that he wants back home after his next contract.

Agreed. I’d take cerra and a pick for hogan in a heart beat. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SFebes said:

I'm with you.

5/6 & 10 plus swap of picks.

10 to GC for May & Kolodjashnij (GC has said to look elsewhere)

6, 33 & future 1st for Kelly (plus whatever it takes)

In: May, Kolodjashnij, Kelly, (Gaff).

Out: Hogan

Possible but unlikely: Gaff

At the start of the year Mahoney said we have room for 2 more upgraders, with the departure of Hogan, I think we are going to swoop hard in the next few weeks, it's game on!

Also, I'm happy to discuss stats and players, but don't disrespect Jesse wanting to go home after what he's been through, I probably would've left last year. He just never got a decent run at it and us going deep into finals was obviously the icing on his cake. The players we bring in will be the foundation of our premiership tilt.

I just has to be in that range. 

• Like 1

No ill will toward Jesse, good luck to him, he's worth a certain amount on the trade table, business is business just get the job done MFC.

If the trades that are being mooted get done, this will be the best bit of trade business conducted by an individual club in the history of the comp.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I don't think we win the flag in 2019 with a defence that includes Frost and McDonald.  A defence that includes May and McDonald is much better equipped to take that next level. 

Agree with your first sentence, SWYL. Frosty was put there to back and assist OMac who was very slow, unreliable to chase, errant with his sense of DEFENCE, territory and last line of defence. He is too light for words as a backman, as well. The second sentence reads much better IMO if you said: A defence that includes May and Frost is much better equipped to take that next level.I think this way because Frost has made rapid and game-winning back-up to OMac and his 'assistance' has been largely self-propelling and very dynamic to what a fullback is supposed to bring to the game. He will blend with May, Lever, Hibberd, Nev, Salem and Kolliejazzknee very naturally and add further drive and penetration to that mix - but needs some individual work to turn his hands into vices to mark more assuredly and continue to read the plays defensively and in rebound. Most of this has been achieved and it is characterised by his new-found strength, speed and delivery. 

9 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

John F. Kennedy is becoming one of the greatest players Melbourne never had!

Cut down in his prime, could have been anything really. We will never know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Still think we'll end up with Pick 6 & a future first rounder.

Pick 6 along with Garlett & future 3rd round pick gets us May, KK and rights to a VFL player (Lockhart). Gives us 2 first rounders the following year to either offer up for trade for Kelly or take to the draft.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

could have been bigger than carey, earl

Well yes if he stood on the grassy knoll I suppose. But then that knoll was chock full of Mafia, FBI, CIA, KKK and Cuban Operatives as I remember. Very crowded at the time. 

Edited by Earl Hood
  • Like 1

All players have them but Jesse's particular flaws are unfortunate in terms of our game plan and personnel. 

Can't kick from distance. 

Lack of forward defensive pressure.

Slow to move it on by foot.

Limited pack-marking ability. 

That said, he is a highly talented forward with fantastic aerobic capacity who can also run the wings/pinch in the middle. Good-to-middling accuracy and decent on the lead. Still also developing. Will be a great get for Freo in the long-run if they build around him. 

But with our high pressure forward press and fast and contested 'move-it-forward' game-plan (including long bombs from the centre - tsk tsk) he is already the awkward fit. We don't need him in the middle, and on the spread of the above-mentioned good and bad traits, Tommy has him covered on several of the pro elements and Weid looks set to be better in one or two.

In conjunction, our forwards (and mid-field) have all the required combined traits that Jesse brings - as evidenced by our ability to keep winning without him in the line-up.  From a supporters perspective, I think this awareness is already apparent in the relative calm which followed his injury in the lead-up to our finals push and campaign.  We can manage without him. 

From a footy department perspective, I think this mind-set will be evidenced by us not actually chasing a key forward replacement. The otherwise confusing inclusion of Preuss suggests we're looking to re-balance our spread of key forward traits - with Preuss as an intended upgrade on Pedo - who was also stuck in the middle of personal attributes and team requirements. 

Add the fact that this is our big chance to capitalise in trade cookies at the same time as putting the 'will-he-won't-he' disruption to rest, and we're about to come way out on top - plugging some required holes such as with the inclusion of May and not giving up too much as to needs. I personally believe that this will be the lucky forced hand which delivers us a premiership. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skuit said:

All players have them but Jesse's particular flaws are unfortunate in terms of our game plan and personnel. 

Can't kick from distance. 

Lack of forward defensive pressure.

Slow to move it on by foot.

Limited pack-marking ability. 

That said, he is a highly talented forward with fantastic aerobic capacity who can also run the wings/pinch in the middle. Good-to-middling accuracy and decent on the lead. Still also developing. Will be a great get for Freo in the long-run if they build around him. 

But with our high pressure forward press and fast and contested 'move-it-forward' game-plan (including long bombs from the centre - tsk tsk) he is already the awkward fit. We don't need him in the middle, and on the spread of the above-mentioned good and bad traits, Tommy has him covered on several of the pro elements and Weid looks set to be better in one or two.

In conjunction, our forwards (and mid-field) have all the required combined traits that Jesse brings - as evidenced by our ability to keep winning without him in the line-up.  From a supporters perspective, I think this awareness is already apparent in the relative calm which followed his injury in the lead-up to our finals push and campaign.  We can manage without him. 

From a footy department perspective, I think this mind-set will be evidenced by us not actually chasing a key forward replacement. The otherwise confusing inclusion of Preuss suggests we're looking to re-balance our spread of key forward traits - with Preuss as an intended upgrade on Pedo - who was also stuck in the middle of personal attributes and team requirements. 

Add the fact that this is our big chance to capitalise in trade cookies at the same time as putting the 'will-he-won't-he' disruption to rest, and we're about to come way out on top - plugging some required holes such as with the inclusion of May and not giving up too much as to needs. I personally believe that this will be the lucky forced hand which delivers us a premiership. 

Took the words right out of my mouth. Hogan does not fit into our game plan- especially up field. His reaction time is too slow.

4 minutes ago, Demon from Sydney said:

Nah no chance.

Freo will not even play Finals for the next 5 years let alone Win the comp.Id be very confident in saying he will never grace the MCG for the decider

They would have won a lot more games this year with a decent marking FF; that's why they are so into Jesse. Another dangerous prediction.