Changes Vs Essendon

I see this as the week for player management.  We have Frost, Hannan and Fritsch all fresh and ready to come into the team (depending how Bugg pulled up after the corky last weekend, him too).  Jordan Lewis is a possible starter as well.  Based on the really short break, and the fact we ran out of gas on Tuesday, I would suggest that there will be a number of changes to get a fit and non-fatigued team onto the park.  I could see Smith also getting a run as a forward to replace Kent if Smith's Hammy was only 'tight' and not injured.

We may have a few players that need the break - Nibbler for his marathon running, Bernie maybe for age.

I think Stretch gets another go even though he had a mare on Tuesday.  Where else are we going to get outside run?  I am unconvinced re Garlett.  But he will probably be well rested after his light training run on Tuesday night so should have no problems getting up.

I am also unsure if we take Pedo in.  perhaps we look for Pedo and Weids as F50 targets, and Hulk further up a CHF and wing?

• Like 1

This is definitely a week for fresh legs.

A lot depends on who's available.

If Lewis can play...i would. We need someone down there directing traffic. Maybe HE can remember what a 'switch' is. 

If Tmac available....straight to CHF.. leave Weed in the square...mainly.

Fritsch in. Be nice having someone who can pick the ball up .

To be very left field id even consider Pedo for Max.  Max isnt the difference in THIS  game , but kicking some goals IS. It'd freshen Gawn up for the Saints.

Kent's obviously out. 

Some who are becoming liabilities might need a freshening in the Magoos.

Candidates in no particular order: ANB, Stretch, Harmes ,Jeffy ...but on a dry track with Ess who are currently kings of stuffing around with silly kicks around the back arc...is this his 'good' game ? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

rubbish

Which part. 

You cant take in 3 key forwards.  We were only playing one 2 weeks ago and now you expect them to take 3 in?

It seems you put a lot of time into reply. 

Edited by Demons11

Question for the regular Casey watchers:

How are Baker, Balic, Spargo,  Keilty  and Petty progressing in their respective roles?

Are any of them near ready and if so what roles?

Thanks

1 minute ago, Demons11 said:

Which part. 

You cant take in 3 key forwards.  We were only playing one 2 weeks ago and now you expect them to take 3 in?

Why not? As I stated earlier, if we don't, that allows Hooker to play forward or (which I didn't say earlier) frees Hurley up. I'm not necessarily yet convinced we should play three tall forwards, but I certainly think it's something to consider.

• Like 1

Just now, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Why not? As I stated earlier, if we don't, that allows Hooker to play forward or (which I didn't say earlier) frees Hurley up. I'm not necessarily yet convinced we should play three tall forwards, but I certainly think it's something to consider.

Hurley and Hooker will have to play on Weed and Hogan, it doesn’t really free them up. 

I think it showed yesterday with the Collingwood mids going forward and kicking goals, that this is something we can also take advantage of with Oliver and Trac. 

I also think they should play Hunt forward, his kicking skills aren’t great and really hurt us out of the back line on Tuesday but his speed is vital. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

Hurley and Hooker will have to play on Weed and Hogan, it doesn’t really free them up. 

I think it showed yesterday with the Collingwood mids going forward and kicking goals, that this is something we can also take advantage of with Oliver and Trac. 

I also think they should play Hunt forward, his kicking skills aren’t great and really hurt us out of the back line on Tuesday but his speed is vital. 

I think Hunt, Salem and Stretch should be our main wingers as they are the players to benefit most from the space there and are best able to hurt the opposition either with run or good delivery into the forward 50.

It is a waste to put Tyson or ANB there, as they butcher the ball and are not really quick of mind or foot. They can play in the middle at the contest if they are in the side.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I think Hunt, Salem and Stretch should be our main wingers as they are the players to benefit most from the space there and are best able to hurt the opposition either with run or good delivery into the forward 50.

It is a waste to put Tyson or ANB there, as they butcher the ball and are not really quick of mind or foot. They can play in the middle at the contest if they are in the side.

I agree with you except for Hunts ball use 

1 minute ago, Demons11 said:

I agree with you except for Hunts ball use 

That's why I said "either with run, which he and Billy have, or good ball use, which Billy and Salem have".

Hunt actually fumbled at least 4 handball receives on tuesday.

18 minutes ago, Demons11 said:

mids going forward and kicking goals, that this is something we can also take advantage of with Oliver and Trac. 

Until Viney comes back I would have Oliver pretty much exclusively as a mid.

Trac forward for sure...but we need Oliver in the midfield.

EFC have no real grunt in there and we can take advantage of that.

• Like 2

Bomber have injured/suspended:

• Mckenna
  • Begely
  • Colyer
  • Francis
  • Gleeson
  • Green
  • and hopefully Fantasia

they dont have much depth and have one less day to recover.  so I completely agree to play fit, fresh players. 

Fritsch and Hannan to come in at least. T Mac and Lewis if available.

Kent, ANB, Vince out at least.   play Hannan on the wing if needed

5 minutes ago, DubDee said:

• Mckenna
  • Begely
  • Colyer
  • Francis
  • Gleeson
  • Green
  • and hopefully Fantasia

they dont have much depth and have one less day to recover.  so I completely agree to play fit, fresh players. 

They said on Fox footy last night that Fantasia would miss from memory

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WERRIDEE said:

What was the reason he went back? No one knows, People were shocked when he was dropped lucky we played a good game since then we have been rubbish.

I wasn't.  He was playing poorly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beelzebub said:

This is definitely a week for fresh legs.

A lot depends on who's available.

If Lewis can play...i would. We need someone down there directing traffic. Maybe HE can remember what a 'switch' is. 

If Tmac available....straight to CHF.. leave Weed in the square...mainly.

Fritsch in. Be nice having someone who can pick the ball up .

To be very left field id even consider Pedo for Max.  Max isnt the difference in THIS  game , but kicking some goals IS. It'd freshen Gawn up for the Saints.

Kent's obviously out. 

Some who are becoming liabilities might need a freshening in the Magoos.

Candidates in no particular order: ANB, Stretch, Harmes ,Jeffy ...but on a dry track with Ess who are currently kings of stuffing around with silly kicks around the back arc...is this his 'good' game ? 

Can I be completely crazy, and 100% demonstrate my utter lack of football nous.

Can we put Max at CHF to take marks/bring the ball toi ground with whomever in the ruck. He might even snaffle a few from 50?

1 hour ago, Demons11 said:

Which part. 

How did 1 go ?pretty ordinary.

How did 2 go? not much better.

Just because Richmond only be in with 1 key tall doesn't mean you can't go in with 3 the Weid will need help considering Hogan plays so far up the ground.

I'd leave Stretch in myself. Give him some consistency, and it's not as if we have players banging the door down (for the moment). Also, given the reduced time between games, pool of possible replacements is already low as some will need resting.

Edited by bing181

43 minutes ago, DubDee said:

• Mckenna
  • Begely
  • Colyer
  • Francis
  • Gleeson
  • Green
  • and hopefully Fantasia

Spargo's VFL form has been better than Hannan's do you consider him?

1 hour ago, Demons11 said:

Been on this for a while.. let him tumble put a kick into our forward 50.. get the ball from the wing or high half forward.. burst run for 10m and get a deep entry in.. better than him running out of defense and kicking it to an opposition player at half forward, then the rebound is on so easily.

Goodwin needs to be pro active.. work out what his strengths are and use them.,

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WERRIDEE said:

How did 1 go ?pretty ordinary.

How did 2 go? not much better.

Just because Richmond only be in with 1 key tall doesn't mean you can't go in with 3 the Weid will need help considering Hogan plays so far up the ground.

We beat North and Brisbane with 1

5 minutes ago, Demon3 said:

Been on this for a while.. let him tumble put a kick into our forward 50.. get the ball from the wing or high half forward.. burst run for 10m and get a deep entry in.. better than him running out of defense and kicking it to an opposition player at half forward, then the rebound is on so easily.

Goodwin needs to be pro active.. work out what his strengths are and use them.,

Hunt has played forward before and looked completely lost. I'd rather persist with him in the backline. Against Richmond  he showed plenty of dash and courage but lacked touch and polish. I think that will follow if he is allowed to stay where we know and he knows he plays best. 

5 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Hunt has played forward before and looked completely lost. I'd rather persist with him in the backline. Against Richmond  he showed plenty of dash and courage but lacked touch and polish. I think that will follow if he is allowed to stay where we know and he knows he plays best. 

lets be honest, he has never had polish,  and i don't want him out of the square.. just higher than the defensive 50. I would love him to recapture this rebounding best, but maybe as circuit breaker freshen up, get him up the ground.