Freo poised to pinch 2

Demonland

They'll run with the Hogan story every year for his entire career until he either does the move or retires a Demon.  Boring stuff.

Brayshaw is the one that interests me, though.  Would he be tempted to play with his brother?  The club has been really supportive of him with his concussion issues and, in my opinion, handled it very well so that he was able to come back and play again.  I'd be surprised to see him move, but in the same breath, not surprised that Fox Footy have put 2 and 2 together in terms of the link with his brother.

• Like 3

Also, it's funny that Fox have gone with the above story, as the HUN has put an article up about how we're going to be chasing another big free agent at the end of the season.

It's all click bait sort of stuff, really.  So much water to go under the bridge before we even reach that time of the year.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Moonshadow said:

Brayshaw isn't currently worth a 1st rounder. Realistically he's probably mid 2nd round.

Depends what Freo offer him as a free agent.  Perhaps if Freo offer big bucks, which puts us in a position to be compensated with a first round pick, the club is happy to get back into the draft or secure another first rounder to trade with?  Total speculation there based on nothing at all, but it's a thought.

7 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Depends what Freo offer him as a free agent.  Perhaps if Freo offer big bucks, which puts us in a position to be compensated with a first round pick, the club is happy to get back into the draft or secure another first rounder to trade with?  Total speculation there based on nothing at all, but it's a thought.

Brayshaw a free agent? Huh?

Hogan might generate 2 X first rounders as he's in contract. At the end of his contact we probably get less. Meanwhile, we give away 1st rounders as if they are dime a dozen. 

#rogered

Edited by Moonshadow

Hogan is the more interesting case. Does his first year with us count as a years service? The year where he was only allowed to play VFL?

The thought of losing both Brayshaw and Hogan after the loss we just had is too much for me. I think i would give up following AFL

3 minutes ago, TGR said:

If we keep giving him 1 game out of 4, what do we really expect.

Scotty Thompson all over again?

Except Thompson was significantly better 

He played regularly in his last season with before breaking his arm, I seem to believe 

Brayshaw has more in common with Toumpas at this stage

• Like 3

Is this the Tom Morris from the Melbourne podcast?

What a self gratifying f l o g if so.

• Like 2

Goodwin needs to get his structures right and game plan up to scratch. Or else there might be a mass exodus... 

Hogan can only tolerate so much before he is convinced by Freo to come home.

Dees made a big blue giving up 2 first rounders for Lever... We got stitched here and sets us back a little.

A bit early to throw my trade hat on. But I feel this is a real possibility. If Collingwood don’t land Tom Lynch. I can see Weideman and Hunt heading to the Pies for Moore and a draft pick... ?

25 minutes ago, Dee tention said:

Goodwin needs to get his structures right and game plan up to scratch. Or else there might be a mass exodus... 

Yes, Hogan must be furious that he's been made to run around collecting 25 touches due to Goodwin's evil game-plan - while at Fremantle he'll surely get to kick back in the forward-line and not be bothered about ever having to see the ball.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dee tention said:

Dees made a big blue giving up 2 first rounders for Lever... We got stitched here and sets us back a little.

A bit early to throw my trade hat on. But I feel this is a real possibility. If Collingwood don’t land Tom Lynch. I can see Weideman and Hunt heading to the Pies for Moore and a draft pick... ?

Not sure where this scenario came from... if the Pies are in the market for another big forward (obviously they are) why would they trade off Moore for Weideman, who is totally unproven? And why does Hunt come into this? Strange.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DemonAndrew said:

Except Thompson was significantly better 

He played regularly in his last season with before breaking his arm, I seem to believe 

Brayshaw has more in common with Toumpas at this stage

I seriously doubt there are any big offers for Brayshaw floating around, no doubt his injury problems have not helped but honestly at senior level he looks slow and does not impact the game. Right now he is an average senior level player at best who could be out of the game after one more head knock. 

5 minutes ago, demonstone said:

Sounds to me that people are just looking for shadows to jump at.

Hogan will be at Freo in 2020. We need to make the most of him now, or that will be the headline. We have the cattle but must be defensive. Simple. 

The best teams are the defensive in any sport. If the opposition don’t score you have little to do yourself. Fix the backline area or Hogan is back to Perth .

12 minutes ago, Dirts said:

Hogan will be at Freo in 2020. We need to make the most of him now, or that will be the headline. We have the cattle but must be defensive. Simple. 

The best teams are the defensive in any sport. If the opposition don’t score you have little to do yourself. Fix the backline area or Hogan is back to Perth .

Freo's big brother will swoop on Hogan.  West Coast will be looking at him to replace Kennedy, they will want him at Melb for another 2 years then say thanks very much for developing him welcome back to WA.  The only way we are keeping Hogan is by playing finals and not just a side that makes finals but a side that can contend in finals.  There is nothing more important to our club than breaking our finals draught

• Like 1