Pates

Sam Weideman

Petty is a better center half forward after 1 game playing forward.

I really don’t care that Weid can allegedly take the ball at the peak of his leap. I have never seen it.

Petty CHF Weid trade bait if we can get anything.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

I really don’t care that Weid can allegedly take the ball at the peak of his leap. I have never seen it.

All the astute footy watchers make their judgments after 1 game...

• Like 5

Watch us repeat history and trade of Weeds for peanuts like we did Hogan as we were arrogant at our stocks.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

I'm not convinced Goodwin will run Gawn/Preuss combo for the rest of the year, meaning we should get to see a Petty/Weed duo up forward due to Weed replacing Preuss. Will be interesting to see how that works.

4 hours ago, Wrecker45 said:

shows how bad weid is

• Like 1

18 hours ago, olisik said:

Watch us repeat history and trade of Weeds for peanuts like we did Hogan as we were arrogant at our stocks.

If you keep talking rubbish it does not make it true.

When will you get it through your head that Hogan wanted to go home. He would have gone this year for nothing, we got something that got us May. That is not peanuts.

May gives everything and cares for the MFC, Hogan moved on years ago, time you did too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Hogan wouldnt make an ounce of difference at the club right now, Dunstall would struggle. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Demon3 said:

Hogan wouldnt make an ounce of difference at the club right now, Dunstall would struggle. 

To be fair to Dunstall, he is a fat 54 year old.

• Like 7
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, demonstone said:

😅😅

20 hours ago, Wrecker45 said:

Forgetting Weids 3 goal game in an elimination final?

• Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, demonstone said:

So just his age has changed since his playing days. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Collar-Jazz-Knee said:

Forgetting Weids 3 goal game in an elimination final?

It was a great game, but we can't keep believing it is the norm and not the exception.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 12:31 PM, Macca said:

If we were to grade the output of our forwards this year only Petracca gets a pass mark.

Weideman has been poor,  T-Mac not much better,  Hannan below average,  Garlett runs past far too many contests,  Spargo not up to it,  Melksham average before injured,  Hunt up and down.

Collectively they don't play in front,  can't take a grab,  don't make position,  can't kick accurately,  don't make enough leads and there is a general lack of movement.  As a result,  we changed our forward line coach mid-season.  But Rawlings needs new personnel.

Yet the stats boffins here want to blame the DE of our midfielders?  Amazing.  Yes,  the midfielders aren't perfect and they do spray it occasionally but they aren't the issue.

Yep and just on Weideman, Petty showed more in one game up forward than Weideman has in a season!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

It was a great game, but we can't keep believing it is the norm and not the exception.

It was more in response to someone saying Petty is better after one game against a Dogs side that I really don't think is that great....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wrecker45 said:

Col Garland once kicked 3 in a game, and Anthony Ingerson did it more than once! Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves though, it was a good game but long term I think Petty will be a better defender than forward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Red and Blue realist said:

Col Garland once kicked 3 in a game, and Anthony Ingerson did it more than once! Lets not get too far ahead of ourselves though, it was a good game but long term I think Petty will be a better defender than forward. 

Garland played juniors as a forward and would also be a better chf than Weid.

Petty was thrown forward in desperation because of injuries. He kicked 3 goals in his first showing and looked good.

The opposition actually need to man up on him which is more than can be said about Weid who they know is no chance and peel off him.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

On 7/14/2019 at 6:39 PM, Lord Nev said:

All the astute footy watchers make their judgments after 1 game...

Actually 31 for Weid but yes it has only taken 1 game as a forward for Petty to show more than Weid.

Can’t wait for game 2 against the best backline in the league. 

21 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

Actually 31 for Weid but yes it has only taken 1 game as a forward for Petty to show more than Weid.

Can’t wait for game 2 against the best backline in the league. 

Ok then.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/welcome-to-the-big-time-melbourne-young-forward-sam-weideman-produces-an-unbelievable-september-debut/news-story/6c43a665ada122edae418d3d5a8e7edd

52 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

So Weid’s best game is for the same output as Petty’s 3 goals this week. Petty has played 1 game forward. More to come...

In that final against Geelong the first goal Weid got was from a blocking free kick, the second, three Geelong players flew for it, Weid was out of position but it fell into his lap and he almost ruined it with 2 bites of the cherry. The third was brilliant. That is his best game and what is providing everyone hope.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:13 PM, Males said:

I would be interested in seeing how many here, who want to get rid of Weid, would take Tom Hawkins? Tomahawk played about 5 very good games in his first 100, in a very good team, and was a man mountain to start with.

Weid has played 30 odd games, between injuries, in a team that bombs the ball in to the fwd50 and refuse to lower their eyes and hit a leading fwd. 🤦🏼‍♂️ We improve our fwd entries and Weid will look better.

not so sure. against carlton he had quite a few balls to his advantage and could not take one of them.

Darcy Moore has had 5 years? In the system, and despite being injury prone has shown this year that he can actually play. I have faith in the Weid. I also liked Petty’s game on the weekend, and even more so the poise and control he showed prior to injury for three quarters against Carltank the previous week. I also remember his embarrassing debut against the Saints last year. In a season of despair, there is some big picture thinking and promise here.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Wrecker45 said:

So Weid’s best game is for the same output as Petty’s 3 goals this week. Petty has played 1 game forward. More to come...

In that final against Geelong the first goal Weid got was from a blocking free kick, the second, three Geelong players flew for it, Weid was out of position but it fell into his lap and he almost ruined it with 2 bites of the cherry. The third was brilliant. That is his best game and what is providing everyone hope.

If we're rolling with this 1 game comparison, then I'd take 3 goals, 24 touches and 7 marks in an Elimination Final against a high quality backline, than 3 goals, 10 touches and 5 marks (with no other real key forward target) in a meaningless game against a rubbish backline.

Petty did well, hope he gets another chance at playing forward this week, but let's judge it when (or, if) both get to at least 50 games as forwards as a minimum. Shouldn't really have to argue about judging a player after 1 game, come on mate.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, demonstone said:

Seriously, the best post of the year.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

So just his age has changed since his playing days. 

And his hair, unless the mullet was a wig

14 hours ago, Call Me What You Will said:

Darcy Moore has had 5 years? In the system, and despite being injury prone has shown this year that he can actually play. I have faith in the Weid. I also liked Petty’s game on the weekend, and even more so the poise and control he showed prior to injury for three quarters against Carltank the previous week. I also remember his embarrassing debut against the Saints last year. In a season of despair, there is some big picture thinking and promise here.

If you couldn't see that Darcy Moore could play after his 1st season, that's on you. He kicked 5 goals in his 3rd game.