MRP for Hogan and Lewis

Diamond_Jim

49 minutes ago, DemonLad5 said:

can anyone confirm if we will appeal either case?

What exactly are you going to appeal?

the Medical reports are damming enough. 

We have to cop it and get smarter on the field. 

And not forget that Carlscum are aptly named. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sir Why You Little said:

What exactly are you going to appeal?

the Medical reports are damming enough. 

We have to cop it and get smarter on the field. 

And not forget that Carlscum are aptly named. 

If Hogans hit was deemed medium impact because Rowe had delayed headaches I think doubt could be raised as to whether or not Hogans strike caused the delayed onset of symptoms. Rowe didn't go off the field at the time, he wasn't seen by medical staff during tucare game and he played the remainder of the game. The symptoms he had could have been caused by dehydration or exhaustion. Yes I'm most likely clutching at straws, but I think three weeks down to two is far too extreme. 

1 hour ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

The CFC's doctor report emphasised the seriousness of Hogan's actions on Sam Rowe by reporting that the victim had delayed concussion, dizziness and nausea. 

Therefore, I'd be shocked if Rowe plays this week. Concussion is a serious issue these days and it would be irresponsible of the Carlton Football Club to trot him out against Essendon this Sunday.

Surely the Doc wouldn't have added some 'mayo' onto his report. 

If the CFC took concussion seriously he would have been off the ground being assessed straight away, or even at three quarter time. Didn't happen though, wonder why. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

If Hogans hit was deemed medium impact because Rowe had delayed headaches I think doubt could be raised as to whether or not Hogans strike caused the delayed onset of symptoms. Rowe didn't go off the field at the time, he wasn't seen by medical staff during tucare game and he played the remainder of the game. The symptoms he had could have been caused by dehydration or exhaustion. Yes I'm most likely clutching at straws, but I think three weeks down to two is far too extreme. 

You could be right, but you won't prove it. 

Concussion Report will stand. 

Carlscum have milked it, plus our boys were plain dumb

just don't forget it if those scumbags ever "need" a favour. 

• Like 1

I reckon if we are ever going to be any good then we have to deal with this.  Bring it.  I reckon we'll be OK.  remember we don't have to bring in now a Grimes or Terlich or Matt Jones or Dunn, or Nicholson.  More depth and its for situations like this our depth needs to be tested or else it'll be just another mediocre year most likely.  Winning in difficult situations is what good teams are all about.  Big Maxy and Jonesy will rally the troops and get number 3.  

I've had the odd rant on DL in the past about my position on leadership groups and all the associated 'leadership' talk, dribble, garbage that comes out the modern footballer and coaches mouth.  We live in a world of cosmetic BS really.  Lewis and Vince, two of our most experienced players, veterans of the game, been there done that, members of the 'leadership' group, go out in round 1, and round 2, go BANG, BANG, respectively.  Suspensions.  It's quite funny.  Leadership groups my ar$e!  

Having said that, I love Vince and Lewis and Hogan.  Three blokes you'd be happy with going to war.  They'll all be back soon enough

I am overseas ATM, flew out after the game. Woke up this morning to see what had happened and was shocked, to say the least. This is a f...... Outrage. 3 weeks. Guys haven't been given three weeks for this sorta love tap stuff in years. Why now? And when we next play Carlton i hope we f....g smash the weak dogs. How a Dr can lie so blantantly without cross examination is beyond me. What a farce. Accuse us of bruise free football blue baggers and then dob like a bunch of victims when the going gets tough. Flogs of the highest order. I would like to see the board make comment about this after the dust settles. Too scared of upsetting the AFL

• Like 1

Just now, binman said:

No having a shot at you L36, and you are not the only poster to use the phrase but the phrase love tap should not be used. Ever. In any circumstances. I assume i don't need to explain why

Utter stupidity by us but it makes me hate Carlscum even more - their players go down like Italian soccer players.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, binman said:

No having a shot at you L36, and you are not the only poster to use the phrase but the phrase love tap should not be used. Ever. In any circumstances. I assume i don't need to explain why

Sorry, perhaps we should call it a Brain Fade. That's what Rance had when he polaxed Watts' head last year? Got a week didn't he? Great consistency here

• Like 3

At the end of the day Lewis should know better, he is a leader and has a terrible record.

As for Hogan, good lesson to learn. Control your frustrations, or you'll miss games. 

Really bad timing as Geelong is a huge challenge this week, and Lewis missing the Richmond game isn't ideal. 

We know we can win without Hogan though. 

28 minutes ago, Leoncelli_36 said:

Sorry, perhaps we should call it a Brain Fade. That's what Rance had when he polaxed Watts' head last year? Got a week didn't he? Great consistency here

Definite brain fade, though i reckon Rance's was worse and was more a brain snap. Rowe was niggling at Hogan all day, something he will cop all his career and he will need to learn to deal with it. But whilst not an excuse it is a reason. What reason did rance have - other than the fact they were getting beaten? Watts was certainly not at him all day. It still makes me furious how commentators seemed to exuse that hit on Watts becuase of the pressure he was under carrying the side. Sheesh.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Caro just said on FC that the Carlton medical report 'did not mince words' and 'did Melbourne no favours'.  She said Carlton are angry about the 2 incidence and Melbourne are angry about the medical reports.  She said there is 'bad blood' between the two clubs.

It sounds like Carlton did a dummy spit and decided to make life difficult for us.  The medical evidence apparently is why we won't appeal - pretty difficult to argue against doctors.

They stitched us up!

Doctors were the problem at TWSNBN. they stitched themselves up, Just saying... Amazingly quick how these reports can be got out though when they are needed.

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

If rowe does play next week then the MFC has every right to be furious at the MRP System

bring back Harrison House i say!!

Take it as read, both Blues will play.

• Like 1

Interesting well weighted Free kicks to Carlton's favour in the first two games, 25 both times.....moving on the more one thinks about this get the distinct feeling the results did not go as planned. sad.....moving on Spencer a must this week, along with Bernie and a few big boys from left field and throw in Kent too. 

20 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Can we appeal the sentences given to players from other clubs? It's those that are ridiculous, not the ones we received.

We are all moving on now, but your point has merit, even though we can't do anything about other incidents.

I think we should be raising two issues with the AFL.

The first is the general inconsistency of the MRP.

The second is the fact that we appear to have been done by the Carlton Doctor without any checking of accuracy as to his report. 

I am pretty sure his report has not been challenged or tested by any independent Doctor, or even ours for that matter and therefore conclusions that the Blues players were hurt in the incidents with our players, are what has led to both boys being suspended.

I feel confident that without a medical report both would have escaped with a fine. The old "insufficent force" could have saved them.

However, when you look at what happened after the incidents, it seems inconsistent to some degree with the conclusion.

Neither player was removed from the ground, even though attended by medical staff on the ground. Cripps never touched his face or cheek. Both continued playing.

There has to be room for doubt as to when the injuries, or illness in Rowe's case, were sustained.

I can understand why we haven't appealed: a need to get on with it, a reluctance to upset the AFL and the known failure rate of appeals.

However it does leave a bad taste in the mouth, when unanimously agreed worse incidents got off and our players went down, because an unchallenged report of the Doctor from the aggrieved player's club, is what is used to suspend players. What if both players were hurt in other incidents and the Doctor made a mistake.

All that said, Lewis was silly with his record and Hogan was clumsy. At least both boys can freshen and other clubs are aware of some aggression in our side, that maybe shouldn't be provoked. That won't hurt in the long run.

• Like 5

The AFL are not going to allow challenges to medical reports in the absence of blatant manipulation bordering on fraud.

To do so would complicate the MRP process dramatically and expose the AFL to criticism.

Unfortunately this is what happens to clubs bordering on the irrelevant (half the clubs at least). If it was Eddie's club there would be outrage. Might sound like MFCSS but we all know its the truth.

One wonders however as to how many more ways this club can find to shoot itself in the proverbial foot !!!

• Like 1