• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

1 hour ago, A F said:

Agree, mate.

I'd take Matera, Vardy and Merret if we could get deals done for them. With the right attitude and environment, IMO, Matera could be a 40+ goal forward at the feet of Hogan, Weideman and Watts.

Matera seems up for trade every year, yet never gets traded and never improves. I don't think he'll ever get the work rate. Might be attitude, or might just not have it physically. 

Vardy I like if he passed a medical. Merrett would be worth a look as cheap depth for an outside runner and probably has a good relationship with Goodwin and Egan. Pretty much a Matt Jones replacement.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, FlashInThePan said:

I'm not sure what is up with you and your hawthorn love affair but i think he is quite right. Hawks will wallow for at least 2-3 years. Probably not as cellar dwellars but definitely mid range. 

And you might just want to pull your head in a bit mate, your tone is totally unnecessary and your constant carping at people with different opinions to you gets really tiresome. 

Didn't someone say that the Hawks are applying for a priority after not winning a final this year? 

55 minutes ago, FlashInThePan said:

I'm not sure what is up with you and your hawthorn love affair but i think he is quite right. Hawks will wallow for at least 2-3 years. Probably not as cellar dwellars but definitely mid range. 

And you might just want to pull your head in a bit mate, your tone is totally unnecessary and your constant carping at people with different opinions to you gets really tiresome. 

You could have picked a more inconspicuous username if you're going to post here while you're banned Dazzle.

So the Hawks lose Hill and maybe Mitchell, bring in Vickery, T.Mitchell and O'Meara and will now go from 3rd to at least 9th for a few years.... Ok then. Noted mate.

10 minutes ago, stuie said:

You could have picked a more inconspicuous username if you're going to post here while you're banned Dazzle.

So the Hawks lose Hill and maybe Mitchell, bring in Vickery, T.Mitchell and O'Meara and will now go from 3rd to at least 9th for a few years.... Ok then. Noted mate.

Dazzle is banned... ?

2 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Dazzle might have just taken a sabbatical off his own bat.  We all need a break sometimes.

Weird though that shortly after he does a poster shows up with a nickname of the same player, picks on the same posters as Dazzle and shows the same strong dislike for Garland as Dazzle... Coincidence?

2 hours ago, stuie said:

What? Hawthorn are "not going to make finals for a few years"? This is getting a bit silly now...

Just commenting the way the conversation could have gone....    and it's also not beyond the realms imo.

22 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Dazzle might have just taken a sabbatical off his own bat.  We all need a break sometimes.

Yep, he isn't banned. 

And let's face it, given the lack of action so far in trade week, now is as good a time as any to log off for a bit. 

For me, the best thing that's going to happen this off-season has already happened, and that's Jesse. His signature is enough good news to last me the summer. 

• Like 9

4 hours ago, jeck wartz said:

I've heard, and i hope someone else on here can confirm that we've at least expressed interest in the following

Sam Durdin ( not sure if the spelling is correct, but young talented North player who doesn't get a good run in the 1's)

Brandon Matera

Jake Barrett 

Jackson Merret 

Nathan Vardy

this is not to say i think we'll land all or any of these players or my opinion that we should chase all or any of them, i am simply curious if anyone else is hearing this and can confirm any of these.

I'd be keen on Barrett, strong performer in the NEAFL and would add some further class to our midfield brigade. 

Cant see GWS wanting too much for him having only played 1 AFL game in the past 3 years. 

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/117809/Jake-BARRETT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jumbo returns said:

Jeffy?

Jeffy will be 27 next year and showed this year that he's pretty inconsistent and as a result, we need back up. Matera is younger, but just as inconsistent. I rate Jeffy, but we need more options as well.

Pies and Crows out of Rockliff chase. 

He is a real chance of a get for us if we want him. 

Lions want him and his salary out. We can afford to pay him his last year big salary and then less for the next few years. 

Dunn and next years 2nd rounder could get him, with maybe a little tinkering needed.  

I think he could be great for us. 40 possies player who can also kick goals. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Lions want him and his salary out. We can afford to pay him his last year big salary and then less for the next few years. 

Dunn and next years 2nd rounder could get him, with maybe a little tinkering needed.  

The question still remains as to why the Lions are shopping him around. Particularly with him being the current Captain of the club.

Red flag for me.

• Like 3

Redleg is correct. This is not as it seems and you can listen to the interview as often as you like, Mitchell has put on a master class in politics and PR.  

I was told by a very recently retired Premiership player today that Sam is not only very close to Simpson but also to Hale who is at Freo so is happy to go to Perth and have some time as Asst Coach to Adam and the plan has been in place for a few months that it would happen in 2018, with next year being his final year with Hawks. 

Problem is that a small group of Senior Players that have played for much, much less than market value for years to keep the side together, very recently approached Clarkson to complain that several Recruits were being brought in on bigger money than what they had been getting.  Sam was particularly aggrieved at rumours of $500k for Vickery, which unbelievably is more than what Sam was paid in 2016 & more than what he was going to get in 2017.  Staggering that Hawthorn would pay Vickery more than Mitchell. 

Bottom line line is that Clarko was very Dictatorial and basically told Sam that is was happening and perhaps he might like to get over to Perth a year earlier.  

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Yes but we are building a young team with a new strong culture. Would he fit? Difference is okay and necessary but will he have the right behaviours and attitude for our young group. I guess Viney and others would sort him out but we want a player who will bring the right mindset to our young developing list. 

• Like 2

You'd definitely take Rockcliff, the player, if it didn't cost us too much in terms of the trade and we could afford his $$$ demands.

Rockcliff, the bloke, I dunno. But I reckon Goodwin and McCartney would have a fair handle on the cultural impact.

I just hope the Hibberd deal gets done soon. He's a very good player and will improve our squad immediately.

There is no chance we can get Rockliff. Brisbane would want at least one first round pick, and probably a decent player. He is a contracted, AA, captain.

if you think we can trade VFL players and a second round pick you need to step away from the keyboard.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, qarocks said:

There is no chance we can get Rockliff. Brisbane would want at least one first round pick, and probably a decent player. He is a contracted, AA, captain.

if you think we can trade VFL players and a second round pick you need to step away from the keyboard.

a team needs to want him, how many teams are prepared to give up a first round player to get him as well as have the salary cap to pay him what he wants.

13 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Sure Mitchell has a connection with Simpson but he has a young family... moving across the country would be hard.  Does any other Victorian based club see an opportunity here!!

It smells like the Hawks have salary cap PRESSURE and need Sam Mitchell to move if they are to bring in Tom Mitchell and O'Meara (bringing in $800k-$1mill in incoming salary) 

its good for his coaching career to escape the fish bowl of afl melbourne. he'll be there for 5 yrs imo.