FA & Trade Whispers

Dee-licious

1 hour ago, binman said:

Fair dinkum this guy is a [censored]:

Pinned Tweet

We broke the Martin free agent story. We gave you the inside word on the Hogan conflict. Today, the truth about Rockliff.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMG5t9Zz2L0arY6NA37dv

Found him

• Like 10

I know it's not really our problem but Collingwoods list management is awful, they're going to lose two experienced key defenders in one offseason for peanuts and they have an only and injury prone Reid and Marsh to cover.

5 minutes ago, Abe said:

I know it's not really our problem but Collingwoods list management is awful, they're going to lose two experienced key defenders in one offseason for peanuts and they have an only and injury prone Reid and Marsh to cover.

They get back Keeffe back for 2017...

One thing has been puzzling me of late about the opinions on here of the player we need. There seems to be pretty much a consensus that we need a ruck forward to help out with Max when he needs a rest. That is all well and good but who of Hogan, Watts, and Weid do you leave out of the team because having four big men forward is one too many.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Might impact on Dunn depending on if they want a 2nd mature option or not.

I think it impacts it severely. They have young tall backs they'll want to get games into.

Gardiner, Andrew, Hipwood, Paparone & Cuttler spend some time back and Sam Skinner coming off his knee reco.

Dunn may need to look at an option like Port instead to replace Carlisle. Otherwise he'll likely be holding down full back at Casey.

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

One thing has been puzzling me of late about the opinions on here of the player we need. There seems to be pretty much a consensus that we need a ruck forward to help out with Max when he needs a rest. That is all well and good but who of Hogan, Watts, and Weid do you leave out of the team because having four big men forward is one too many.

Weid needs at least another season at Casey and should only play when either Hogan or Watts are missing or when he's banged the door down.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Chris said:

I think the Weed is a year or two off being fully functional. I can see him spending periods of time at Casey before becoming a full-timer.

• Like 1

Today's Trade Radio talk 

• Collingwood defender Jack Frost has nominated the Brisbane Lions as his preferred new home, with the out-of-contract Magpie set to sign a three-year deal with the Queensland club. Frost's manager Ben Williams revealed to NAB AFL Trade Radio his client had a desire to play more senior football and that the Lions presented him with the best opportunity to do that going forward.

• Tom Rockliff appears now likely to remain at the Brisbane Lions, according to his manager Tom Petroro. Petroro told NAB AFL Trade Radio today that unless "something drastic happens in the next couple of weeks" he couldn't see Rockliff moving clubs. 

• Any potential deal to move Brad Hill from the Hawks to the Dockers may have to wait until the end of this year's NAB AFL Trade period. His manager Jason Dover today told NAB AFL Trade Radio that Hill had his heart set on moving to the Dockers, however, the club might have to wait to secure more draft picks before being able to offer anything suitable to the Hawks in a trade.

• Richmond ruckman Ivan Maric will be at Punt Road next season after agreeing to a one-year contract extension with the Tigers. The 30-year-old had been linked with Collingwood, but elected to stick with the Tigers for a sixth season.

• Geelong triple-premiership player Corey Enright has officially announced his retirement. The 35-year-old Geelong games record holder will finish his career after playing 332 AFL matches.

• Essendon defender James Kelly appears likely to play on in 2017. His manager Tom Petroro today telling NAB AFL Trade Radio that he was confident Kelly would remain at the Bombers next season.

• North Melbourne forward Aaron Black will have a new home next season, according to his manager. Jason Dover told NAB AFL Trade Radio today his client would seek more opportunities away from the Kangaroos next season after spending much of this year in the VFL.

• GWS midfielder Jack Steele is still yet to make a decision on his future, despite significant interest from a number of rival clubs. Steele will attend the GWS best and fairest count on Friday before making any decision about his future. His manager Dave Trotter telling NAB AFL Trade Radio his decision would likely come down to opportunity.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Chris said:

I think we could play all three along with a second ruck/forward. Watts plays more as a medium and is extremely mobile, while Hogan is also really mobile and should roam from about 40m out to the backline taking marks. The Weed could be more a stay at home forward and the resting Gawn/ruck 2. You then have Kent, Garlett & Petracca buzzing around in the forward 50 as well.

31 minutes ago, Chris said:

I don't want Hogan, Watts or Weid to be bash and crash type key forwards next year. Weid is still a fair way off being AFL ready, Watts can't play that role, and I don't want Hogan to be physically washed up by the time he's 28 like Dawes. At this stage, Pedersen is our best bet, but if someone could get into Vickery's head, he'd be a better option.

• Like 2

You could play Watts, Hogan, Weid and a Ruck/Fwd if needed.

The Ruck/Fwd would rotate between Ruck, Forward and Bench.

Watts can play fwd, bench and also drops to the backline in the last 5-10 min of each quarter.

Weid is fairly 1 dimensional and would need to stay in the fwd line. 

Jesse will then have more freedom to roam the ground and get involved.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Obviously we'd have little to no chance of landing him, but I reckon Mark Blicavs is the player we need.

He'd be perfect.

we have to think left field for sure.

2 hours ago, chook fowler said:

I think the Weed is a year or two off being fully functional. I can see him spending periods of time at Casey before becoming a full-timer.

They may make the same call as they did with Oscar and play him irrespective of his ups and downs in form.

7 minutes ago, Brayshaw Self said:

Koby Stevens is looking for a new home. We would be stupid not to have a look.

Pass. For starters, we've got nothing to offer. And our strike rate with fringe players from other clubs is poor. Just don't think he adds much to our midfield.

3 hours ago, Chris said:

I think the idea is he plays if Max can't.

15 minutes ago, Brayshaw Self said:

Koby Stevens is looking for a new home. We would be stupid not to have a look.

Tall midfielders are always welcome and maybe a replacement for Bernie when the time comes, but maybe look to the draft if we're going to spend a third rounder?

1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Obviously we'd have little to no chance of landing him, but I reckon Mark Blicavs is the player we need.

He'd be perfect.

Does he have AFL level big man talent? Seems to play as a very tall and fairly average mid. Needs to be able to hold down a key position or hold his own in the ruck for mine otherwise his lauded flexibility is illusory.

• Like 2