Changes vs St Kilda

DemonLad5

6 hours ago, AdamFphlebeb said:

Harmes is a messy player and at this stage looks to be a fringer. Petracca looked stuffed half way through the first quarter. I'm not sure they'll bring Bugg straight back. Oliver seems a likely in, as does Wagner. Given the fast deck and the taxing conditions tonight, I'd be inclined to rest a couple. Petracca, Stretch, Harmes and Kennedy probably in the gun.

It's problematic Adam.  All of those four cover ground quickly and you'd want to bring in fast players to play on Etihad.  I'd say it's likely they'll have a lighter week on the track and see what their energy levels are like.  I'd be loath to drop either Petracca or Kennedy, but could see Oliver coming in fro Billy and Garland for O'Mac. Bugg and Michie are on the fringe, but neither have explosive pace.  Harmes is both quicker and better in the air.

• Like 1

Harmes has also gone from being a push up half forward flanker to a wingman to a rebounding half back this season.

Hes vastly underestimated by the wider football public - as good as Mills and Daniel have been this far this year, he's having just as good a year.

I can't see him being dropped.

You'd presume O Mac is no chance of coming up for next week, so it's one of Wagner, Dunn or Garland in to replace him.

Neither Kennedy nor Garlett had much impact on the game, and Stretch and Petracca looked knackered at the end, but they weren't alone there. It'll be curious to see whether they eschew the youth policy of 2016 or not.

Does Dawes get a reprieve straight away so that we structure up with the three talls again, away from the slippery conditions in Darwin? Is Hulett a chance to debut? If not we can't drop either vandenBerg or Petracca as they provide that 'lead up' target required when you don't have another tall. 

OUT: O Mac, Stretch

IN: Dunn, Bugg

B: Jetta - T McDonald - Dunn

HB: Hunt - Frost - Harmes

C: Vince - N Jones - M Jones

HF: Petracca - Watts - Kennedy

F: Kent - Hogan - Garlett

Foll: Gawn - Tyson - Viney 

I/c: Grimes - Bugg - vandenBerg - White

• Like 2

We need 4 changes this week to ensure we have fresh legs to match StKildas mids

In

Bugg to tag Stevens

Oliver his quick hands are needed to win at Docklands

Wagner to replace Omac

ANB provide gut running

Out 

Stretch - rested

Petracca - rested 

O Mac - injured 

Kennedy - omitted 

I wonder if they will let Reiwoldt run around by himself and let Jack Stevens run amok in the last half.

Also ,might be an idea to leave Jetta on Bruce and let Joey Montagna run loose.

19 minutes ago, sydneydee said:

We need 4 changes this week to ensure we have fresh legs to match StKildas mids

In

Bugg to tag Stevens

Oliver his quick hands are needed to win at Docklands

Wagner to replace Omac

ANB provide gut running

Out 

Stretch - rested

Petracca - rested 

O Mac - injured 

Kennedy - omitted 

You will find one of the knocks on ANB at the moment is his consistency in two way running

2 hours ago, DemonAndrew said:

Harmes has also gone from being a push up half forward flanker to a wingman to a rebounding half back this season.

Hes vastly underestimated by the wider football public - as good as Mills and Daniel have been this far this year, he's having just as good a year.

You'd presume O Mac is no chance of coming up for next week, so it's one of Wagner, Dunn or Garland in to replace him.

Neither Kennedy nor Garlett had much impact on the game, and Stretch and Petracca looked knackered at the end, but they weren't alone there. It'll be curious to see whether they eschew the youth policy of 2016 or not.

Does Dawes get a reprieve straight away so that we structure up with the three talls again, away from the slippery conditions in Darwin? Is Hulett a chance to debut? If not we can't drop either vandenBerg or Petracca as they provide that 'lead up' target required when you don't have another tall. 

OUT: O Mac, Stretch

IN: Dunn, Bugg

B: Jetta - T McDonald - Dunn

HB: Hunt - Frost - Harmes

C: Vince - N Jones - M Jones

HF: Petracca - Watts - Kennedy

F: Kent - Hogan - Garlett

Foll: Gawn - Tyson - Viney 

I/c: Grimes - Bugg - vandenBerg - White

I think he's been pretty good but would have Mills ahead of him. I haven't seen a lot of Mills but his game against the Cats the other night was outstanding. Looks to have great composure, good decision making and use of the ball.

What I like about Harmes is how plug-and-play he is.

Need a lead up half forward who can apply defensive pressure? Harmes can do.

Want someone who can run up and down the wings and is a vital part of the switch mentality? Harmes can do.

Need a player who can plug a rebound half back gap? Harmes can do.

Mills has had a very good first year but Harmes' versatility really makes him stand out to me.

Edited by DemonAndrew
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Biffen said:

I wonder if they will let Reiwoldt run around by himself and let Jack Stevens run amok in the last half.

Also ,might be an idea to leave Jetta on Bruce and let Joey Montagna run loose.

It's not a Melbourne vs. St Kilda game if it isn't:

1. Played at Etihad

2. A chance for sh!t ordinary players to rip us a new one

3. A time for Reiwoldt to remind us how much he enjoys playing without an opponent 

4. An opportunity for Montagna to remind us why he is a c0ckhead

5. A loss 

• Like 10

31 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

BTW Ethan were you magnificently ungracious in victory last night?

I was actually very graceful and dignified in victory, you would have been quite impressed. I kept my celebration low key, similar to below. Confetti, tux, lighting and all. I even paid for some extras to come in and clap me on. 

flash2.gif

On departure from work, I drove down the Main Street of Fremantle with my scarf out the window, the club song playing and verbally abused anyone I could. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 27

O Mac for Wagner ( if Fit)

Clarry Choo Choo for Harmes 

If we wish to blood a Hullet or Weeds you might also consider dropping any who were cooked or struggle to get up! 

Stretch stays for Pace, Grimes moved well and played his role, Garlett likely to cause havock next week and Kennedys grut still needed! Whie was very creative and yes made a blue or two but a continued run to decide his status next year is required!

Presumably McCartin won't play which will mean they have Membrey, Bruce and Riewoldt (further up the ground).

A lot of people have Wagner replacing OMac but do we need another tall (say Dunn or Garland) to cover their tall forwards? Otherwise it'd be TMac and Frost for Membrey and Bruce, leaving no one to Riewoldt?

3 hours ago, DemonAndrew said:

Love the positivity but Harmes is nowhere near the level of Mills or Daniel. 

I like that we have pushed him up off half-forward where we have better options (all of Kent, Garlett, Petracca Kennedy do a better job as forwards IMO) but his disposal is erratic and he goes missing too often.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

Hogan has 12 goals in 2 games v Saints. They have no answer for him.

I wont be able to handle losing to that 1 premiership, dwarf burning, schoolgirl shagging club again.

You forgot two other big controversies worthy of mention!

3 hours ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Out: O. McDonald (injured) and Kennedy

In: Wagner and Oliver

Agreed. 

Oliver is a must for me.  They beat us in the midfield last time and we missed Oliver that day.  

I'll be very disappointed if he's not selected. 

• Like 3

last time they cut us up because they outran and outspread us, making it impossible for the defense to drop back and do its job.

We need big two way runners if we are going to win this one.  We need to make lots of contests, and slow down their ball movement.  Otherwise they will spread and waltz around us like the witches hats of old.

We could nearly go in unchanged.  It would just be the injuries to Oscar and Bernie that  need monitoring, and if someone doesn't pull up.  Without a Casey game, it was hard for anyone outside the team to really push for selection.

• Like 2

WTF was going on with kick in duties last night? T Mac, Hunt, White, Jetta.. The first two are far too risky, and Jetta kicks 50m max.

Hopefully Bernie will be back on the job next week, maybe even Dunn will be there to let rip a few torps down the guts, altho' I very much doubt it. May get a gig if McCartin comes up.

Just now, M_9 said:

WTF was going on with kick in duties last night? T Mac, Hunt, White, Jetta.. The first two are far too risky, and Jetta kicks 50m max.

Hopefully Bernie will be back on the job next week, maybe even Dunn will be there to let rip a few torps down the guts, altho' I very much doubt it. May get a gig if McCartin comes up.

Bernard Vincent was injured. Salem sick. They used Watts there in the end. Sigh of relief. 

Hunt and TMac are banned from kicking out IMO!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jaded said:

5 minutes into the Essendon- St Kilda game, and St Kilda look rubbish!

Thats because they are rubbish, jaded.  Makes it all the more frustrating we never beat them.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

last time they cut us up because they outran and outspread us, making it impossible for the defense to drop back and do its job.

We need big two way runners if we are going to win this one.  We need to make lots of contests, and slow down their ball movement.  Otherwise they will spread and waltz around us like the witches hats of old.

We could nearly go in unchanged.  It would just be the injuries to Oscar and Bernie that  need monitoring, and if someone doesn't pull up.  Without a Casey game, it was hard for anyone outside the team to really push for selection.

Very true  it was the run and spread and preparedness to go wide through the wings and then spot up free targets that killed us.  Our defenders also zoned too far off their opponents. 

Nonetheless, I hate any Melbourne team that doesn't include Oliver :)

• Like 2