The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

10 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I might be in the minority, but Motlop does absolutely nothing for me.  He is a downhill skier who only turns up once every few weeks, and he seems to consistently go missing in the big games or waste his opportunities when he does show up.

I'm not interested in Vardy due to his injury history.  I can see us getting him and he lasts a month of the pre-season before he does a calf injury that seems to last for 8 months.  If we got a first rounder as part of a Hogan trade then I'd like to see us do something a little better than that.

My 'unders' outlook is probably a bit too negative. I think Hogan might be a flop and getting in Gaff, Motlop/Hartlett might be making out like bandits if two players contribute meaningfully to our club for 5 years. I know we should trade him for his potential as a key forward for a decade, but I think he might turn into an average forward that gets too frustrated enough to meaningfully shape a clubs impact on a premiership. Other clubs probably have this view as a fear and might also be loathed to part with #3 and Weller.

Gaff, #12 & McKenzie?

Edited by DominatrixTyson

13 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

I might be in the minority, but Motlop does absolutely nothing for me.  He is a downhill skier who only turns up once every few weeks, and he seems to consistently go missing in the big games or waste his opportunities when he does show up.

I'm not interested in Vardy due to his injury history.  I can see us getting him and he lasts a month of the pre-season before he does a calf injury that seems to last for 8 months.  If we got a first rounder as part of a Hogan trade then I'd like to see us do something a little better than that.

You're not on your own re Motlop. He has the ability to bust a game open but he is wildly inconsistent and as any Cats fan will attest to, he can make the difficult look simple but he can also make the simple look very difficult. I don't think many would be crying into their cereal at the prospect of losing Motlop.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Im high school friends with a Collingwood player and every summer we catch up for beers too. He too will spill anything regarding off season moves and other issues. I could tell you whos currently on 2 strikes at Collingwood. 

Its human nature that players will spill anything especially when your close friends with them. Its just typical aussie mates that talk [censored]. Unfortunately Saty is so delusional that he thinks because players won't tell him anything that then has a net effect on everyone else. 

DD it's ok mate, we all know it's Nayfan Buckley.

Just now, P-man said:

You're not on your own re Motlop. He has the ability to bust a game open but he is wildly inconsistent and as any Cats fan will attest to, he can make the difficult look simple but he can also make the simple look very difficult. I don't think many would be crying into their cereal at the prospect of losing Motlop.

Totally agree mate.

Not only that, his ability to do some freakish stuff means that it will encourage teams to pay overs for him, and the Cats walk away looking like winners while another club gets frustrated with his inconsistent performances.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

If Fyfe is part of a deal I am extremely concerned about his leg. 

He rebroke it above where he had originally broken his leg and to me that is a massive risk. 

One  would idealy want to see Fyfe play at least a half dozen games before contemplating such a massive deal.

Edited by america de cali

I doubt Freo would entertain either of Fyfe or Neale unless they said they wanted out

With Wise on Motlop, big fan of indigenous players but would need to be 'disciplined' that being said Scott keeps picking him and he is a stckler.

Methinks unless MFC demand an answer from Jesse, or he re signs, we won't see this resolved till next year, can't see Freo being able to offer something to satisfy

51 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Agree.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Satyriconhome said:

I doubt Freo would entertain either of Fyfe or Neale unless they said they wanted out

With Wise on Motlop, big fan of indigenous players but would need to be 'disciplined' that being said Scott keeps picking him and he is a stckler.

Methinks unless MFC demand an answer from Jesse, or he re signs, we won't see this resolved till next year, can't see Freo being able to offer something to satisfy

Watched Shane Yarran last few games, He's a goer,goal kicker and tough too. Doubt if he would be interested but should be on our radar if the worst happens

8 hours ago, schmuttt said:

If he is removed from the membership packages he is gone. Ah well, at least we will be compensated well.

Not at all. I awkwardly have a club official calendar for this year which the MFC sent me that has Jeremy Howe in it (can't remember which month). Anyways he left the club a week after I got it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, america de cali said:

If we insist on Neale or Fyfe it may be a  reason why Hogan can't decide.  I doubt Freo would bend unless one of them wanted to leave for us.

If Hogan leaves us for a club in rebuild mode, he needs to accept he could be directly responsible for suffocating said club's ability to execute a successful rebuild. A bit like Carlton giving up Josh Kennedy to get Chris Judd. And WA clubs have notorious difficulty signing free agents, so they have to acquire most players via trade. In short, if he goes to Fremantle, it ain't for success and we'll make sure we dent their hopes of rebounding quickly.

7 minutes ago, The Song Formerly Known As said:

Not at all. I awkwardly have a club official calendar for this year which the MFC sent me that has Jeremy Howe in it (can't remember which month). Anyways he left the club a week after I got it. 

Those get locked and printed like 3 months out from the trade period. Probably why Howe was still in it.

11 minutes ago, The Song Formerly Known As said:

That calendar would be made by a company outside of the club and in order to get stock in time they would need to design it well in advance.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SaberFang said:

Oh, look, the troll is derailing the thread again and making everything about him. How utterly predictable.

Oh, but it's the "pack of bullies!" :rolleyes:

Thinking old mate Saty might need a little holiday.

Edited by A F
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, SaberFang said:

If Hogan leaves us for a club in rebuild mode, he needs to accept he could be directly responsible for suffocating said club's ability to execute a successful rebuild. A bit like Carlton giving up Josh Kennedy to get Chris Judd. And WA clubs have notorious difficulty signing free agents, so they have to acquire most players via trade. In short, if he goes to Fremantle, it ain't for success and we'll make sure we dent their hopes of rebounding quickly.

Those get locked and printed like 3 months out from the trade period. Probably why Howe was still in it.

Exactly my point. It doesn't matter if they are in or not in the club merchandise. The clubs includes them until they sign or leave!