The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here

Grapeviney

9 hours ago, DominatrixTyson said:

As the consensus seems to be #3 and a player if Hogan was to leave. What would we do with #3 ?

This is the problem. Going by recent phantom drafts, would be Weller and ainsworth for Hogan 

18 hours ago, deespicable me said:

Hello,

President of the Hawthorn Football League here and I'd just like to clear up a couple of misconceptions you lot may have with regard to some of these trades etc.

Hogan, Fyfe, Fyffe, Gaff, yes, yes all good players I'm sure but I have to make it perfectly clear all trades must be ratified with our board. I repeat ALL trades.

Fyfe and Hogan will be coming across next year and Gaff as soon as he becomes a Hawthorn (sorry I mean free) agent.

We brought in that work experience kid this year O'Meara. Played the old Burgoyne bung knee card there ha,ha,ha.

Anyway back to your little games. I'm working with Fitzy and Gill (terrific chaps, very ameniable to our cause) to let you lot have a cameo appearance in 2018 or 19 in the top four. On the proviso of course that we never leave the top 4. 

Talked about a series of exhibition matches next year (you might call it the Home and Away) before our games start in September.

Anyway toodle pip.

Gold (and Brown ) :)

As  to Hogans no show on paraphernalia, might just be sensible caution. No money wasted if goes, none if stays. 

5 minutes ago, DubDee said:

Almost two thousand posts and he still isn't in his last year of his contract

this thread is well named!

But may have played last game in red and blue despite ! :unsure:

42 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I'd take this years first round pick and Apeness and next years first round pick from Fremantle. Weller and Neale won't be traded, both re-signed recently.

I think Weller signed an extension late last year. He also got a rising star nomination this season. Freo would be loathed to give him up considering their aging midfield. Perhaps Hogan has decided to go back home and the clubs cannot work out a suitable deal, hence the silence. They may be trying to give us someone like Barlow and second/third round pick. Apeness is another injury worry.

Edited by america de cali

4 minutes ago, america de cali said:

I think Weller signed an extension late last year. He also got a rising star nomination this season. Freo would be loathed to give him up considering their aging midfield. Perhaps Hogan has decided to go back home and the clubs cannot work out a suitable deal, hence the silence. They may be trying to give us someone like Barlow and second/third round pick. Apeness is another injury worry.

I would say it's far more likely that Hogan just hasn't made up his mind, if Hogan had told Freo he wants to go there it would be all over the press, Freo are desperate for something to sell to their members after this year.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Good, as I don't want him anyway.  Not part of our best 25 going forward.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Abe said:

I would say it's far more likely that Hogan just hasn't made up his mind, if Hogan had told Freo he wants to go there it would be all over the press, Freo are desperate for something to sell to their members after this year.

If for genuine family reasons it may be in the best interest to keep it low key. Freo may be desperate but they also have to pay big for Hogan. Two edged sword for them. And if there is a stalemate as I said previously there may be a chance of another club swooping in. 

Edited by america de cali

15 hours ago, AngryAtCasey said:

Any of;

Straight swap for Fyfe.

Pick 3 & Weller or

Pick 12 & Gaff

I'd prefer to keep Hogan but ...

How about 12 + Darling from West Coast and turn 12 into Tom Mitchell (might have to include a swap of next year's 1st rounders with Sydney) or Hamish Hartlett.

Darling has had his issues but he can play and Hogan would be a serious upgrade for him at WC and he'd be redundant there.

Hogan for Darling + Mitchell or Darling + Hartlett

I think if we added Darling, Mitchell, Hibberd and Melksham with Hogan out we'd mean serious business next year.

Edited by Fifty-5

16 minutes ago, Fifty-5 said:

How about 12 + Darling from West Coast and turn 12 into Tom Mitchell (might have to include a swap of next year's 1st rounders with Sydney) or Hamish Hartlett.

Darling has had his issues but he can play and Hogan would be a serious upgrade for him at WC and he'd be redundant there.

I think if we added Darling, Mitchell, Hibberd and Melksham with Hogan out we'd mean serious business next year.

Darling is a squib. He's ok as a second or third tall. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay

For some perverse reason I've read much of this thread.

Kind of embarrassing the comments that come from grown men probably in their 50s or 60s. Many seem to have the emotional maturity of 10 year olds.

They post so often I wonder if there is anything else going on in their lives.

This site will probably go the same way as Demonology if the current situation continues.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Excellent post.

Only problem is that most great full forwards tend to have 'me me' personalities, and we desperately need the services of one.

Most of those me me type personalities are more suited to strong clubs with rock solid cultures. They can keep them in line.

4 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Darling is a squib. He's a good second or third tall forward. 

If Darling is a squib then so is Cam Pedersen.  

I don't think one poor effort at a contest should shape opinion on the player.  If there was any prevailing view that Darling was a squib prior to the Bulldogs game, I'd not heard it.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nasher said:

If Darling is a squib then so is Cam Pedersen.  

I don't think one poor effort at a contest should shape opinion on the player.  If there was any prevailing view that Darling was a squib prior to the Bulldogs game, I'd not heard it.

Not just the one contest, he often plays for frees, throwing his head back when tackled.  If the suggestion was to recruit him as a replacement for Hogan, I don't think it's a good one. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Not just the one contest, he often plays for frees, throwing his head back when tackled.  If the suggestion was to recruit him as a replacement for Hogan, I don't think it's a good one. 

Recruiting almost anyone to replace Hogan is a bad idea. Need to keep him.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Isn't that just a standard issue requirement for West Coast players?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Fifty-5 said:

After Darling's last 2 finals, I'd steer clear.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Isn't that just a standard issue requirement for West Coast players?

One could make the same accusation for Hogan. Plays for frees more often than not. Darling copped a lot of flak in last seasons GF. There were a couple of squibbish moments there. 

8 hours ago, Soidee said:

This thread has degenerated into a farce showing up some of DLs finest Shyte talkers.  Please get another thread started with sensible debate.

There is one, this one is the panic room.

star trek

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, america de cali said:

One could make the same accusation for Hogan. Plays for frees more often than not. Darling copped a lot of flak in last seasons GF. There were a couple of squibbish moments there. 

During the game vs Bulldogs when the game was on the line he was playing for frees, mostly by throwing his head back when tackled and falling to the ground. It stopped any chance he had of a second effort and Bulldogs would run away with the ball. Not interested in players like this at all. He would struggle playing as the main forward. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

During the game vs Bulldogs when the game was on the line he was still playing for free's, mostly by throwing his head back when tackled and falling to the ground. It stopped any chance of a second effort and Bulldogs would run away with the ball. Not interested in players like this at all. He would struggle playing as the main forward. 

Darling, Weideman and Watts - there is no "main" forward.  He's had some issues like I acknowledged but they could be addressed.  He wouldn't be a possible trade option if he was perfect.  I'm not suggesting he's a direct replacement for Hogan, pick 12 is in the deal.

7 minutes ago, Fifty-5 said:

Darling, Weideman and Watts - there is no "main" forward.  He's had some issues like I acknowledged but they could be addressed.  He wouldn't be a possible trade option if he was perfect.  I'm not suggesting he's a direct replacement for Hogan, pick 12 is in the deal.

Personally I'd rather pick 3 and Apeness and next years first round pick. If Fremantle want Hogan, he won't be cheap. One pick and a player isn't enough. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 2