Jump to content

Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


The Jesse Hogan Panic Room - all contract talk here


Grapeviney

Recommended Posts

We can win big either way ... if he stays, we should be able to develop him into a top grade footballer (he needs his kicking action reconstructed and the rest of his game should just keep getting better)

And if we have to trade him, he'll be in super high demand so we should be able to do a super deal.  In fact, nothing short of a super deal should be the level of thinking at the club.  There's a minority here who may think differently but outside of our club, any number of other clubs would want him on their books. 

I hope he stays though. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Macca said:

We can win big either way ... if he stays, we should be able to develop him into a top grade footballer (he needs his kicking action reconstructed and the rest of his game should just keep getting better)

And if we have to trade him, he'll be in super high demand so we should be able to do a super deal.  In fact, nothing short of a super deal should be the level of thinking at the club.  There's a minority here who may think differently but outside of our club, any number of other clubs would want him on their books. 

I hope he stays though. 

 

if he went it would be for home reasons. that leaves a 2 club choice, so i can't see the "super high demand" as if he was on the total market.

we are not in as strong a position as some think. that's not to say we couldn't do quite well if it came to that, but let's be realistic

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

if he went it would be for home reasons. that leaves a 2 club choice, so i can't see the "super high demand" as if he was on the total market.

we are not in as strong a position as some think. that's not to say we couldn't do quite well if it came to that, but let's be realistic

I'm not convinced it's necessarily a go home factor at play despite what we keep hearing ... any number of Victorian clubs might make a play for him.  And we've seen huge contacts thrown up too - Buddy,  Boyd,  Scully,  Ablett etc.  Money talks.

Anything is feasible in a market such as the one we operate in.  Is there a Victorian club that couldn't do with a KPF like Hogan?  I'm convinced that's why he hasn't signed yet - his agent may well have fielded any number of offers.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Macca said:

I'm not convinced it's necessarily a go home factor at play despite what we keep hearing ... any number of Victorian clubs might make a play for him.  And we've seen huge contacts thrown up too - Buddy,  Boyd,  Scully,  Ablett etc.  Money talks.

Anything is feasible in a market such as the one we operate in.  Is there a Victorian club that couldn't do with a KPF like Hogan?  I'm convinced that's why he hasn't signed yet - his agent may well have fielded any number of offers.

 

don't put your house on it, macca. that's a very long shot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

don't put your house on it, macca. that's a very long shot

Fair enough

Many of us thought that Frawley was Geelong bound and he ended up at the Hawks.  Buddy to GWS?  Many here thought that Scully was staying ... etc etc.

I'm just a sceptic these days on sport ... I follow a lot of sports where players just up and leave or they get traded out as commodities.  And people are the same all over - what happens elsewhere can happen anywhere.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Macca said:

Fair enough

Many of us thought that Frawley was Geelong bound and he ended up at the Hawks.  Buddy to GWS?  Many here thought that Scully was staying ... etc etc.

I'm just a sceptic these days on sport ... I follow a lot of sports where players just up and leave or they get traded out as commodities.  And people are the same all over - what happens elsewhere can happen anywhere.

Would not be surprised if Collingwood are interested in Hogan. They have got rid of Cloke and Cox looks like a spud.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Would not be surprised if Collingwood are interested in Hogan. They have got rid of Cloke and Cox looks like a spud.

i think most clubs would be interested in hogan if he was genuinely interested in exploring the whole market

so far, there is only a suggestion of a go-home, family-related interest

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i think most clubs would be interested in hogan if he was genuinely interested in exploring the whole market

so far, there is only a suggestion of a go-home, family-related interest

Agreed.

Other clubs may well be interested, but I do not see Hogan wanting to leave Melbourne (the club) other than because he wants to go home (to Perth).

If he wants to stay in Melbourne, there will be other clubs who can give him a better contract than we probably can, but I doubt it will matter.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, daisycutter said:

if he went it would be for home reasons. that leaves a 2 club choice, so i can't see the "super high demand" as if he was on the total market.

we are not in as strong a position as some think. that's not to say we couldn't do quite well if it came to that, but let's be realistic

Well if we aren't going to do better than quite well then the contact could play out which would also allow  another year of development into Weideman and Huelett .Where Jessie  would go after that would be in the hands of the system. Seems to make a lot of sense that he would stick around with us for a number of reasons and I'm sure the club would be compassionate in terms of family matters.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, Andrew Gaff and Pick 13 and I'd probably learn to live with it.

Josh Kennedy isn't getting younger. Essendon fans think they're getting Darling, using what we give them for Hibberd... (good luck to them on that price)

The circle is complete, and a young Demons fan comes home.

 

Still would love Hogan to commit to us. In the end he's priceless, really.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Little Goffy said:

Well, Andrew Gaff and Pick 13 and I'd probably learn to live with it.

 

I would cry if thats all we got for Jesse.

Gaff is the biggest downhill skiing midfielder in the AFL. Soft as butter. The stats will back me up on that.. he probably lays less tackles than any mid in the comp and gets a pathetically low number of contested possessions even for an outside mid.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

I would cry if thats all we got for Jesse.

Gaff is the biggest downhill skiing midfielder in the AFL. Soft as butter. The stats will back me up on that.. he probably lays less tackles than any mid in the comp and gets a pathetically low number of contested possessions even for an outside mid.

 

Gee, didn't mean to make you cry.

Maybe I'm confused. Must be a different Andrew Gaff I'm thinking of.

I'm talking about the one who won the best and fairest of a grand final team last year, and was his team's best in that grand final. The one who is still only 24, and fills a line-breaking and attacking link role which we are deficient in. 

Which one do you have in mind?

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SaberFang said:

The entire West Coast midfield is a bunch of downhill skiiers. Shown up two years in a row in important finals, and we nearly beat them a few months back on their home turf.

And we lost to Carlton and Essendon.

 

they beat Adelaide in Adelaide. They're midfield goes okay....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


13 hours ago, Ricky P said:

Ur fingers painted on mate? 

Thanks, your eloquence is only exceeded by your precision. So that is their name is it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow.

I rarely read this thread but out of respect to members I thought I'd catch up and see if there was anything worthwhile.

I've summarised what I've learnt over the last ten pages below:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I just can't wait for next year to watch Jesse turn green, rag doll opposition defenders drag in big pack marks and kick bags.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Little Goffy said:

Gee, didn't mean to make you cry.

Maybe I'm confused. Must be a different Andrew Gaff I'm thinking of.

I'm talking about the one who won the best and fairest of a grand final team last year, and was his team's best in that grand final. The one who is still only 24, and fills a line-breaking and attacking link role which we are deficient in. 

Which one do you have in mind?

Hello, Andrew! 

:pj:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, McQueen said:

Wow.

I rarely read this thread but out of respect to members I thought I'd catch up and see if there was anything worthwhile.

I've summarised what I've learnt over the last ten pages below:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I just can't wait for next year to watch Jesse turn green, rag doll opposition defenders drag in big pack marks and kick bags.

 

Thats gold chap, but you need to read more,  like SwordMolar's critique of the West Coast midfield or Andrew Gaff's musstaken identity, or page after page of 'discussion' over unsubstantiated rumours over Jesse, wouldn't miss it for quids

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out. Melbourne managed the first goal from Alex Neal-Bullen but after that the visitors shut out every area of Demon presence around the ground except in the ruck duels. It was a mauling.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 4

    PREGAME: Rd 07 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out?

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 71

    PODCAST: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Monday, 15th April @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Lions in the Round 05. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIV

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 21

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 39

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 450

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 833

    TRAINING: Wednesday 10th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training. KEV MARTIN'S CAPTAIN'S RUN OBSERVATIONS No-one in rehab this morning, a Captain's run, 26 players. Laurie, Tomlinson, Tholstrup, Chandler, Woey, and Kossie are out there. Rehabbers are out now. Marty, McAdam, Melky, Bowey, Sestan. As a guess for in and outs, I would say, out Laurie, Tomlinson, and W

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    DEMONLAND: Good evening, Demon fans and welcome to the Demonland 2024 Grand Final Podcast … It’s been a beautiful last day of September and how sweet it is to bring you our coverage of all things that matter about the great Demon resurgence which we’ve seen over the past six or seven months. How our team overcame a turbulent off season and a disappointing start to 2024 on a humid night in Sydney, turned our detractors into believers and then ended the year triumphant in the finals with our capta

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 3

    TRAINING: Sunday 7th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down in the rain to Gosch's Paddock for the Demon Family Series April School Holiday Open Training session. Not such a good morning, weather wise. As I arrived, it starting raining, settled into watching some Victory players have a kick around. The MFC squad come out as the rain abated, they had wide smiles as the walked down the roped corridor. Plenty of joy from the supporters towards them, kids everywhere, maybe about 500 to a 1000 of us.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 1
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast 

  • Podcast Stream 


    Open Stream in
    New Window
        TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • Support Demonland  



  • 2021 Premiership  

  • Social Media 

  • Non MFC Games  

    NON-MFC: Round 05

    Discussion of all the other games that don't involve the Demons in Round 05 ... READ MORE

    Demonland | Round 05

  • Match Report      

    MAULED by Whispering Jack

    The writing was on the wall from the very first bounce of the football. The big men went up, Max Gawn more often than not, decisively won the ruck hit out and invariably a Brisbane Lions onballer either won the battle on the ground or halved the contest and they went at it repeatedly until they finally won out ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 12

  • Post Game      

    POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    The Demons 4 game winning streak has come to an end after a disappointing loss against the Brisbane Lions at the MCG going down by 22 points ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Votes      

    VOTES: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    Last week Christian Petracca retook the outright lead in the Demonland Player of the Year Award from Max Gawn, Steven May, Alex Neal-Bullen & Jack Viney. Your votes for the loss against the Lions. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • PreGame      

    PREGAME: Rd 06 vs Richmond

    The Demons have a bye next week and have a 13 day break before they return to the MCG on ANZAC Eve to take on the Tigers. Who comes in and who goes out? ...READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Game Day      

    GAMEDAY: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

    It's Game Day & the Demons have a great opportunity to win their fifth game on the trot and go into the bye with 5 wins and one loss when they take on the Brisbane Lions at the MCG on the Thursday night big stage ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 11

  • Training  

    Wednesday, 10th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Kev Martin and Demon Dynasty were once again on hand at this morning's Captain's Run at Gosch's Paddock to bring you their observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 10

  • Match Preview      

    THE PEOPLE SPEAK by The Demonland Crew

    Good evening, Demon fans and welcome to the Demonland 2024 Grand Final Podcast … It’s been a beautiful last day of September and how sweet it is to bring you our coverage of all things that matter about the great Demon resurgence which we’ve seen over the past six or seven months ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 09

  • Latest Podcast      

    PODCAST: Rd 04 vs Adelaide

    The boys analysed win number 2 from 2 in Adelaide against the Crows praising the games of Petracca and McVee, the bravery of May and the emergence of our young guns ... LISTEN

    Demonland | April 09

  • Training  

    Sunday, 7th April 2024

    Demonland Trackwatcher Kev Martin ventured down in the rain to Gosch's Paddock for the Demon Family Series April School Holiday Open Training session ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 07

  • Training  

    Monday, 1st April 2024

    Our man on the spot Bendigo Demon traveled to Adelaide for our back to back games in the City of Churches and brings you his observations from the Demon's training session at Hisense Stadium ... READ MORE

    Demonland | April 01

  • Casey Report      

    FIELD OF DREAMS by KC from Casey

    The sunny skies and still, clear conditions that greeted fans on their arrival created a dreamlike Easter carnival atmosphere for Casey’s game against Footscray at Casey Fields ... READ MORE

    Demonland | March 31

  • Training  

    Monday, 25th March 2024

    Demonland Trackwatchers Demon Dynasty & Kev Martin were trackside at Gosch's Paddock today to bring you their observations from training ... READ MORE

    Demonland | March 25

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Koltyn Tholstrup Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club’s newest recruit Koltyn Tholstrup to have a chat about his journey from the farm to the Demons, his first few weeks of preseason training, which Dees have impressed him on the track and his aspirations of playing Round 1 ... LISTEN

    Demonland | December 14

  • Latest Podcast  

    PODCAST: Jason Taylor Interview

    I interview the Melbourne Football Club's National Recruitment Manager Jason Taylor to have a chat about our Trade and Draft period, our newest recruits, our recent recruits who have yet to debut as well as those father son prospects on the horizon ... LISTEN

    Demonland | November 27

  • Next Match 

    .

    Round 07

       vs   

    Wednesday 24th April 2024
    @ 07:25pm (MCG)

  • MFC Forum  

  • Match Previews & Reports  

  • Training Forum  

  • AFLW Forum  

  • 2024 Player Sponsorship

  • Topics

  • Injury List  


      PLAYER INJURY LENGTH
    Daniel Turner Hip Available
    Shane McAdam Hamstring 2-3 Weeks
    Marty Hore Thumb 2-3 Weeks
    Charlie Spargo Achilles 4 Weeks
    Jake Bowey Shoulder 5-6 Weeks
    Jake Melksham ACL 10-12 Weeks
    Joel Smith Suspension TBA

  • Player of the Year  


        PLAYER VOTES
    1 Christian Petracca 55
    2 Max Gawn 49
    3 Steven May 34
    4 Alex Neal-Bullen 27
    5 Jack Viney 24
    6 Clayton Oliver 22
    7 Bayley Fritsch 19
    8 Judd McVee 15
    9 Christian Salem 12
    10 Blake Howes 11

        FULL TABLE
  • Demonland Interviews 



  • Upcoming Events 

×
×
  • Create New...