Essendon vs Melbourne MCG Round 2

Deestar9

Just now, america de cali said:

I wonder if they will use this occasion as an opportunity to rehabilitate Hird? First thing that came on my mind.

If they do, it would be a big mistake. Believe it or not, there are a lot of Essendon supporters who believe Hird has badly damaged their club. You wouldn't want to alienate them. It's just too soon.

I know there are plenty on here (cue Beelzebub...) who will say he should never return, but I suspect he will one day. But I'd be surprised if it's before all the legal issues have been resolved. So let's say, not before the end of 2017.

We will kill them even without Melksham. Oliver will rag doll Parish!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Steve, perhaps I have a simplistic view but I have a problem with drug cheats in sport. The club that organised a PED program that led to 34 players being banned have not yet been punished. I have few options, I do not buy their sponsors products and do not go to their games.

md, understand where you are coming from but my desire to support my club exceeds my distaste for essendope

also as someone said this game is a replacement home game (for NT games) so it is free entry for all members

• Like 5

Home game, Away game... WTF is wrong with people? It's at the bloody G..

1 hour ago, ManDee said:

Essendrug home game, I am not going. I refuse to show support of any kind for the drug cheats. 

What the hell is this comment????

You would not go to a game to support your footy side coz a few bucks of your entry fee will go to the other side..

Some people amaze me..Will you never go to a Bombers home game again??

I'll be there.. I'll be cheering home the Dees.. I'll be sticking up as many bombers supporters as I possibly can..

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, CBDees said:

We will kill them even without Melksham. Oliver will rag doll Parish!

Hopefully they start on each other at the opening bounce and Oliver gets a chase down holding the ball tackle on parish to start the game off. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, old dee said:

Wow pd I did not think anyone would pick that one up.

You are older than I thought.

to answer No still looking.

That report is where the records of the injections are.

• Like 1

The Essendon Football Club continue to be the most arrogant bunch of delusional knobs in this industry. For them to march in support of drug cheats is simply astonishing!  They have learnt NOTHING during this whole sorry saga.  Their supporter base and organisers of this stupid march from Fed square is another example of blind defiance and denial of drugs in sport.

This is not anything to celebrate.  They are arrogant fools.

The Dee's will smash them!

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

md, understand where you are coming from but my desire to support my club exceeds my distaste for essendope

also as someone said this game is a replacement home game (for NT games) so it is free entry for all members

Thanks DC but as an MCC member they all feel free to me. I may reconsider, I just hate the thought that a big crowd would be showing support for the drug cheats.

47 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Big Test for Goodwin this Round 2 Game

essendon as a club will be going flat out. We must be prepared

run them into the ground after halftime...

Bigger test for Roos who remains our head coach!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Good Times Grimes said:

I think that Dees supporters should be getting to as many games as we possibly can. While I'm sure that some disagree, I strongly believe that the crowd can make a difference in the result of a game.

Absolutely true. The players still talk of the roar of the Melbourne supporters at the Essendon game last year. It really does makes a difference.  

Essendon supporters will be there in their droves so everyone has to put aside their conflicted emotions and support their team. This is a really important game for our development and direction as a Club. We are feeling it and I am sure the players will be the same.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Is Dom Is Good said:

This is a replacement home game so I will be there.... I want to watch us smash them!

For anyone concerned about paying to go and giving money to the coffers of the Bombers if you are a member then there is no excuse. A replacement game, I wouldn't imagine they would get much if anything from Melbourne members coming.

Fan support must be absolute, it's what has always impressed me about Richmond and Collingwood (and even Essendon). They're fans have put up with a lot of crap over the years but stuck fat and turned up in good numbers, it's time we started making some noise.

On a side note I am seriously getting sick of us CONSTANTLY having an away game to them at our bloody home. Can we for once have one home game against them? It's decisions like this that make me feel the AFL is quite happy for us to stay under their thumb.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DemonDave said:

Can we organise for all Dees fans at the game to turn their backs when the MC instructs all the Essendrug drones to applaud their drug cheats as a form of protest?

I'm guessing you heard Dave Colbert this morning on SEN with KB ?

He stated that this should not be a celebration of the past and that Dees' fans should turn their backs on the Bombers rather than applaud a disgraceful regime.

• Like 8

I'm all for relentlessly booing them every time one of the drug cheats is referenced or shown on screen, and I'll be encouraging non-MFC people to come and do the same. 

A tribute to cheats should not be happening to begin with, but the best we can do is let them know we don't stand for it.

Also, blowing them out of the water would be really, really nice.

Don't really understand people boycotting this game because of Essendon. If I was in Melbourne I would be making a point of going so I could very loudly let them know what I think of that Club. I would also really really enjoy seeing 1) them getting smashed by us; 2) our boys getting their first back to back wins in quite a few years; 3) the transformed execution of the new game plan; 4) Hoges kicking a big bag.

Why wouldn't you go to see that.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, ProDee said:

He stated that this should not be a celebration of the past and that Dees' fans should turn their backs on the Bombers rather than applaud a disgraceful regime.

Acually no I didnt hear that, glad someone else was thinking along the same lines, and they have a decent reach audience on SEN!

Appalling how they will seemingly be celebrating their misdeeds, I'm glad Colbert is constantly on their case

• Like 4

I simply can't believe that they plan to give the players who have been suspended for using banned substances, a standing ovation. It would be hilarious if weren't true. They officially have zero shame.

i support Melksham now he's one of ours, but I'm not giving the bloke a standing ovation.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, ProDee said:

Dave Colbert should be running the AFL

I heard him this morning...

3 hours ago, ManDee said:

Steve, perhaps I have a simplistic view but I have a problem with drug cheats in sport. The club that organised a PED program that led to 34 players being banned have not yet been punished. I have few options, I do not buy their sponsors products and do not go to their games.

Except that they have. Don't misconstrue this as 'whoa is Essendon'; but: The club had premiership points stripped in 2013 and they missed the finals. They were fined. Their coach and senior staff were suspended. They've lost a whole swag of supporters (many to the AFL altogether). More prosaically, they lost the chance at a premiership for a whole generation of players (regardless of your views on those individuals' culpability). They must now rebuild with draft sanctions and will be un-competitive for a number of years. 

To say they haven't been punished (and rightfully so) is simply false. So will happily be there, cheering on my team against the opposition, no matter who they are, just like I do every other week.

• Like 5