JUDGEMENT DAY - THE "BOMBER" 34

Whispering_Jack

7 hours ago, Cards13 said:

Would be interested to know how athletes from track and field who have been banned get around it as a comparison.

Don't know about track and field, but banned cyclists just ... cycle. By themselves. There's no "getting around it".

58 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

Does anyone at the EFC get irony?????? These guys are mad.

Their new coach was in charge of a club during a highly publicised drug taking regime. And they won a flag.

Now the FIRST person they hire as a fill in player is someone who is coming back fom a drug suspension, Ryan Crowley.

My God you couldn't make this stuff up

He also played in a pretty dubious era of a club where they won a couple of flags...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bing181 said:

Don't know about track and field, but banned cyclists just ... cycle. By themselves. There's no "getting around it".

That's what I was trying to get at, how is there getting around it when you can train. But Bing do they train with another group of riders paid for by the Riders Association? 

I would've thought every player signed up to the WADA code upon starting their AFL career. You can't just go train together at some non-WADA-approved facility in a country that doesn't recognise them.

It would still be a breach of your agreement to abide by the WADA code, would it not? Farcical if not the case.

2 hours ago, jnrmac said:

Does anyone at the EFC get irony?????? These guys are mad.

Their new coach was in charge of a club during a highly publicised drug taking regime. And they won a flag.

Now the FIRST person they hire as a fill in player is someone who is coming back fom a drug suspension, Ryan Crowley.

My God you couldn't make this stuff up

I thought the employment of a Chemist as the new Senior Coach says it all!!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, daisycutter said:

nothing

as long as they are not funded by essendon, the afl or the aflpa (which is 100% funded by the afl).if supporters or independent benefactors wish to fund them so be it.

Are you referring to that billionaire cadaveric ex-President of EFC?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, monoccular said:

20 minutes ago, monoccular said:

The "cadaveric" Paul Little..... Thankyou Mono 

Edited by fndee

Any one know what the ACC's next move is? They notified the Sporting Codes and action was taken against the NRL and AFL.

One would think in this gigantic stew pot that it is not just players that are guilty. Operation Imperio would have captured more than just the players.

Irony.  The EFC have players banned for PED use. They are permitted fill in players. The first player selected is a banned drug cheat.

I imagine the sponsors will be delighted.

• Like 2

Essendon braced for compensation from doping

Two of Australia’s leading personal injury law firms are preparing compensation claims against the Essendon Football Club on behalf of footballers banned for doping.

A group of six players, including captain Jobe Watson, ruckman Thomas Bellchambers and Port Adelaide forward Angus Monfries, is receiving legal advice from Holding Redlich managing partner Howard Rapke, who has begun the complex task of calculating each player’s financial cost and injury from the three-year drugs scandal.

Western Bulldogs forward Stewart Crameri, coach Brent Prismall and former Essendon player Sam Lonergan, who will be unable to take up a coaching job in Launceston as a consequence of last week’s Court of Arbitration decision, are being advised by rival firm Slater and Gordon.

A third group of players is talking to players manager Peter Jess, who has approached prominent barrister and sports law expert Tony Nolan QC to represent Nathan Lovett-Murray, a former Essendon player who until the CAS decision was the coach of an Aboriginal team in Victoria.

Another can of worms about to open ...

• Like 1

I suspect that any of the 12 that sue EFC are flagging they won't be playing for the bombers when their suspension ends.  A fellow on bf has started a thread cleverly called the 'Dirty Dozen'...it asks posters to vote on who they think will stay at EFC.   

That Jobe is one to 'throw down the gauntlet' is significant as he has been the glue that has kept the 34 unified throughout.  Really feel for the guy.  He has been a stalwart for three years now seems to have had enough.  

• Like 1

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-19/angry-hinkley-hopes-afl-will-relax-list-concession-rules-after-cas-verdict

Interesting comments by Hinkley, they end up with one less player than Essendon.

But the thing that interests me most is his comment about there not being a contingency plan already in place for CAS handing out bans. Surely event the inept and corrupt beast that is the AFL would have to have given this SOME thought? Apparently not.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Choke said:

But the thing that interests me most is his comment about there not being a contingency plan already in place for CAS handing out bans. Surely event the inept and corrupt beast that is the AFL would have to have given this SOME thought? Apparently not.

Gil Vader: "You don't know the power of The Deal!"

"The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of The Deal."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

My first thought about legal action by players against the EFC suggests that the consent forms they signed which got them into strife with CAS may now be their undoing in the legal action. 

Maybe or maybe not but at least it lets the circus go on.

My thoughts:the players thought the consent forms were giving them indemnity, they actually indemnified the club against the players, and most likely are as legally robust as anything formulated by Dennis Denuto.

10 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

My first thought about legal action by players against the EFC suggests that the consent forms they signed which got them into strife with CAS may now be their undoing in the legal action. 

Perhaps they could claim they were signed under duress? Difficult when others didn't sign but possible. Perhaps EFC provided legal advice that the forms were ok and that they shouldn't seek outside advice.

28 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Perhaps they could claim they were signed under duress? Difficult when others didn't sign but possible. Perhaps EFC provided legal advice that the forms were ok and that they shouldn't seek outside advice.

yep, that dank man is amazing. he gives not only medical advice but by drawing up the consent form, legal advice too

and everyone at efc accepts his medical and legal status. it's quite mind blowing actually when you consider the club had real doctors and real lawyers

5 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

yep, that dank man is amazing. he gives not only medical advice but by drawing up the consent form, legal advice too

and everyone at efc accepts his medical and legal status. it's quite mind blowing actually when you consider the club had real doctors and real lawyers

DC, real doctors and lawyers would have said steer clear, run away now, have nothing to do with these shysters.

• Like 1

Is this even possible?:

Crowley: "In time I'd like to sit down and have a chat to the 12 players. I could give them a real insight as to what they may go through."

I would have thought that now Crowley is on the Essendon books he can't have anything to do with the other 12 players. If that's right, someone needs to tell the Essendon social media person that this tweet was probably not the best one to publish.