Jake Melksham's a Demon now!

PaulRB

Watched Jakes interview on MFC site and wanted to encourage us supporters to fully get behind this young man as he restarts his career at Melbourne.

He's a talented mid, half back who should slot straight into our team and add value.

He's been put through the meat grinder of the Dons drug fiasco and ensuing hearings. Suffering that he did nothing to cause.

And he's our boy now, and I really wish him well.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2015-12-08/china-southern-arrivals-lounge-jake-melksham

• Like 11

1 minute ago, PaulRB said:

Watched Jakes interview on MFC site and wanted to encourage us supporters to fully get behind this young man as he restarts his career at Melbourne.

He's a talented mid, half back who should slot straight into our team and add value.

He's been put through the meat grinder of the Dons drug fiasco and ensuing hearings. Suffering that he did nothing to cause.

And he's our boy now, and I really wish him well.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/video/2015-12-08/china-southern-arrivals-lounge-jake-melksham

Hasn't finished yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaulRB said:

With his boot, and the potential to reignite his passion and talent for the game he has "Vince Mark II" all over him... :)

Having the option of both he and Bernie floating by for a handball receive at 60m out has bonus written all over it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, P-man said:

Seems a good fella. Hopefully he can rediscover the passion and form pre-druggendon saga.

Yes, comes across as a nice guy who was a bit lost.

After all the poo that has been all things Essendon for the past few years it is easy to forget that they are just young blokes wanting to enjoy their footy. Can't blame any of them for wanting a fresh start

Edited by fndee
Change of tense
  • Like 3

Jake seems like a really level-headed and like-able young man.  He certainly has some talent, and if he can rediscover his passion and form of a few years ago, he will be an important signing for our club.  At his best, he has some attributes which our 1915 team craved, but I just can't help worrying about what WADA / CAS will have to say about his involvement in the short / medium term.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Deeoldfart said:

Jake seems like a really level-headed and like-able young man.  He certainly has some talent, and if he can rediscover his passion and form of a few years ago, he will be an important signing for our club.  At his best, he has some attributes which our 1915 team craved, but I just can't help worrying about what WADA / CAS will have to say about his involvement in the short / medium term.

Yikes!!

You are an old fart.

• Like 7

Yikes!!  ..... that even pre-dates me McQueen!  My bad, but it did prompt a good old belly laugh on my behalf.  Not only am I an old fart, but obviously I'm a silly old fart!

• Like 5

Just watching that video has completely changed my view of Jake. Previously thought he was an up himself [censored] - he may well have been as an 18 y.o. and mellowed a bit since. But came across as a genuine bloke, might be a masterstroke of recruiting (just have to wait until this CAS/WADA thing ends now)

• Like 2

Like I said just prior to the trade period, I ran into him in Germany.

He was a very fine young bloke and was willing to chat for 10 - 15 min, he didn't have to, but he did.

Very quickly I could tell he didn't want to talk about footy (we predominantly spoke about travel), and as discussed in his recent interview it took its toll.

After that I very quickly went to his corner, and my word I'm hoping he thrives at the Dees, for both him personally and us a club.
Get around him! :)

• Like 15

I've no real opinion of Milkshake as a player. I have my reservations as to his selection. The Elephant says hello.

I'll wait to see him play before judging that.

I see jake as a flash player, every now and then he does something incredible, and then he's very average the rest of the time, he's got some ability, hopefully we can help him reach his potential.

13 minutes ago, sue said:

Do you know something about the CAS outcome the rest of us don't OD?

No Sue I am just cynical after a decade of seeing "Good Players" arrive and then amount to nil.

I will get keen when he shows all the hype is true, until then he is another recruit who has yet to play a game.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, old dee said:

Talks cheap I will reserve my opinion till June 2016.2017

quite possibly

wouldnt that be a shame.

On 8 December 2015 at 6:24 PM, rpfc said:

Most of you hated him on little evidence, good to see you starting to like him on little evidence...

Who did? And did they say they hate him personally or hate him on the field? I'll assume you can discern the difference.

If your only contribution to a positive thread is going to be snide, back it up. If not, a better option may be to pipe down and let the supporters welcome the new signing with optimism. 

Edited by P-man