Has Jesse bought a house in Perth..?

jumbo returns

Looking at his Instagram, the kid is either playing hard to get or he really loves Perth...

It's not that hard to believe that he loves the city he grew up in... I've heard plenty of positives about how he rates Melbourne too.

• Like 1

Looking at his Instagram, the kid is either playing hard to get or he really loves Perth...

...or he is starting an investment portfolio...well he has to spend the squillions we will pay him for the next 10 years, on something! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Mention in the Weideman thread that i think we need to stock up on a talented key forward because lets be quite honest.. eventually he will return home at some point in his career. We have 2 years with him as it currently stands so all we can do as a club is win as many games as possible and push for finals in the next couple of years.

• Like 1

Mention in the Weideman thread that i think we need to stock up on a talented key forward because lets be quite honest.. eventually he will return home at some point in his career. We have 2 years with him as it currently stands so all we can do as a club is win as many games as possible and push for finals in the next couple of years.

Come on Dazzle, it's not all doom and gloom. Just last week there was solid talk of him being keen on signing a long term deal. This is probably just an investment property... he can't live in it for at least 2 years :mellow: .

Play, not push.

Agree with all of this. We need to get better. Simple.

We know that money alone will not keep Hogan at the club for the long term. Both WA clubs will pay him the earth if he continues to develop the way we think he will. We'll keep him if we are successful on-field and that he forms close bonds and relationships in Melbourne. If we can extend his contract now it will be fantastic for our club. If we don't then we will have the jitters for the next two years.

I don't see the big deal, Jesse probably wants to spend his offseasons in Perth, good on him. After this year we will be on the up, Freo will be on the slide. They have lost McPharlin, Crowley, possibly Pavlich, Sandilands after next year, Barlow not long after, Mundy isn't getting any younger. On top of that, they've wasted picks on Sylvia, Pearce, Bennell. It all adds up to a very quick descent down the ladder.

I don't see the big deal, Jesse probably wants to spend his offseasons in Perth, good on him. After this year we will be on the up, Freo will be on the slide. They have lost McPharlin, Crowley, possibly Pavlich, Sandilands after next year, Barlow not long after, Mundy isn't getting any younger. On top of that, they've wasted picks on Sylvia, Pearce, Bennell. It all adds up to a very quick descent down the ladder.

Sorry, but you don't buy a house to live in it for 6 weeks of the year. Investment property hopefully, but it's a clear sign that he intends on moving back to Perth one day.

If we are going to improve, it just as likely will happen without him. It is not a one man show and thats the way we are heading with him. Having an awesome talent like his might make him too big for a modest club like us and end up a millstone. Like Lockett at the Saints, Richardson at the Tigers and many other sides that pinned their fortunes on one big key forward for zero flags. Plus I was annoyed at some of his Prima Donna hissy fits last season. Not a good indicator. If he wants to go, then goodbye and good luck. I just hope we are prepared.

Edited by america de cali

Sorry, but you don't buy a house to live in it for 6 weeks of the year. Investment property hopefully, but it's a clear sign that he intends on moving back to Perth one day.

It merely confirms what we already knew - he still has a connection with his home town. It's not a clear sign of anything when you don't know any of the circumstances around the purchase.

The kid is a pro and is hungry for success. If we're in the top 8 by 2017, he'll stay. If not, he could go, and not necessarily back home. He'll go where he feels he can achieve onfield success.

Edited by P-man

I'm Victorian but live happily in Perth. I also had investment properties in Vic during my time of living in WA and overseas that I eventually sold and bought a nice home here where I've settled. The Wild West is great.

Life changes all of the time. Decisions you make today will be viewed differently in years to come.

But anyway, the sky will continue to fall.

• Like 2

Just win and he stays. If he chooses to leave for sentimental reasons it shouldn't affect us if we have been drafting and developing wisely.

Our future has always, and will always be in our hands, and if we are to be successful that success will not live and die on one player. Just look to Hawthorn- Buddy leaves, no beats skipped. That hopefully will be us one day

• Like 2

My son just sent me a text...

Calm down everyone. What did you think he would for gods sake?buy a house in melb at top of market. Perth is a falling market. Way better value and in his home town. I am only surprised he didn't do it sooner. SmRt kid and good advisors. Its up to us to make him want to stay. But he will go. Only a matter of when. See dangerfield.

On his instagram apparently.