NATIONAL DRAFT PICKS 3 & 7

Lucifers Hero

My conspiracy theory is that in dealing with GCS we get the gun midfielder this draft i.e. Parish and then are less inclined to raid them next season for Prestia or O'Meara. They also get our first rounder next year.

According to SEN MFC may also use 3 to bid for Mills knowing that we won't get him but it does make Swans use most of their picks to get the points so that they get him. Maybe a gentleman agreement with GWS that we don't bid for their academy kids and get Bugg cheap.

This bidding process has added another layer of complexity to drafting and having enough points for academy of father son picks.

• Like 2

And about Prestia next year ...

If he's still OOC at the end of next season, and he nominates us as his preferred club, then there's not much GCS can do about it, but they will have faith in our desire to work out a fair trade.

And if he's OOC, you can be sure that many clubs will be chasing him. By this trade, we've put ourselves at the front of the pack, as long as we don't blow it by having a bad year on-field.

If he decides to extend his GCS contract, then there's not much that we can do about it. But if we have a lot more wins, that will be less likely.

• Like 2

Parish sounds and looks like a name that someone would be a great player.. I can just picture myself looking at Footy Live app and seeing Parish, D.. Lets get excited fellas!

Sounds a bit Catholic ... maybe we should get Francis.

No, wait ...

Carlton just received Pick 8 in the GWS trade. Fair to say if they go down the Weitering path with Pick 1, they will be looking at one of Curnow or Weideman with their second pick to fill their void of KPF's

This deal today shows that the club is backing itself to improve NOW and into next year

If we fail to improve next year then one gun player aint going to fix it. We know that scenario...

That write up on Parish above is all that Roosy likes in his team

The Recruiters have played a big Poker hand and it is now over to all those in the FD to MAKE IT WORK!!!

melbourne trade 3 and 10 to essendon for 4 and 5 = curnow and weideman

Wow, this is actually not a bad idea and possible if the Bombers absolutely crave the player they think we will moved up to pick 3 to nab

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread but how does this affect our ability to make a reasonable offer next year for Prestia?

Yeah, but who cares?

If we make decisions based on things that 'might' happen in the future - we won't make a decision.

Besides, we can trade 2017 First rounder plus any number of players.

I don't think it will be an issue - the bigger issue is getting Prestia to want to leave and for him to nominate us.

• Like 7

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread but how does this affect our ability to make a reasonable offer next year for Prestia?

If he nominates the MFC as his destination then we negotiate.

The best way to do that is have a successful 2016

So loading up now is a great idea, as long as the right players are taken

Ready to attack the ball & contribute next year

• Like 1

BREAKING: Melbourne best placed to to take pick 7 off GWS once the Giants acquire it for Treloar. Demons could finish with picks 3 and 7. #loophole

Explains why Bugg deal is taking so long. We won't bid for Hopper with pick 3. We'll exchange 10 + clump of picks 43-50 for pick 7 and Bugg.

• Like 6

There's a huge problem everyone is overlooking: How are we possibly going to squeeze 2 more gun midfielders into a rotation that already has Jones, Vince, Melksham, Kennedy, Trengove, Tyson, Kent, Viney, Salem, Brayshaw, Vandenberg and Petracca?

:D

Highly unlikely they will all be fit at the same time but if they are we will fit them in the same way Sydney, Hawthorn, Meth Coast and Freo fit them in lots and lots of rotations

Jones, Vince, Melksham, Kennedy, Trengove, Tyson, Kent, Viney, Salem, Brayshaw, Vandenberg and Petracca?

Kennedy, Mcveigh, Mcglynn, Hannebery, Jetta, Parker, Mitchell, Heeney, Jack & Rampe

Hodge, Mitchell, Lewis, Burgoyne Hill, Rioli, Roughead, Smith, Suckling, Hartung, Shiel

Rosa, Priddis, Masten, Shuey, Gaff, Yeo, Ellis, Hutchings, Sheed, Mcginnity, Butler

Fyfe, Mundy, Neil, Barlow, C.Pearce, D.Pearce, Walters, Crozier, Hill, Sheridan, Muzungai, Blakeney, De Boer and Suban

Might be one person's opinion on Weideman but I can't recall a less inspiring write up for a potential top 10er - http://www.boundforglorynews.com.au/2015-draft-profile-sam-weideman/

Can mark but......can't kick, can't run, no endurance, horrible set shot, lacks consistency, fades out of games, injury history and very high risk all round. But he can mark. With a TAC Cup average of 1.3 contested per game...

I know these guys are long term prospects but wowee.

I'd say Parish is almost a certainty at 3 given the Bombers interest in him.

Might be one person's opinion on Weideman but I can't recall a less inspiring write up for a potential top 10er - http://www.boundforglorynews.com.au/2015-draft-profile-sam-weideman/

Can mark but......can't kick, can't run, no endurance, horrible set shot, lacks consistency, fades out of games, injury history and very high risk all round. But he can mark. With a TAC Cup average of 1.3 contested per game...

That's comforting!

I was thinking the same thing when I read that last night. He does have a good pedigree, but he doesn't sound like a very safe pick. Inconsistent with no tank is what I gleaned from that article. I couldn't have Weideman ahead of Francis on that write up. I couldn't find any footage of Weideman, but his TAC cup stats weren't all that inspiring either.

• Like 1

They said similar things about Darling and we know how that ended.

This write-up seems to pump him up a bit more. Pick #8

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-18/phantom-form-guide-update