• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Round 15

Demonland

Neitz could kick.

But Macca was only responsible for two of our eighteen points! At least in the space of a quarter he put himself into a position where he had four set shots, more than any other of the nominated forwards were able to achieve in four quarters.

• Like 2

It amazes me how dumb we are. It didn't take an Einstein to realise that once Joey awoke that he was ON!! Where was the double checking a the solid thump or two....NOWHERE...thats where.

One bloke kicked 5 straight...had he not...somehow we still win.

In reality only 5 or so of their blokes were playing ok...but they were enough to beat ALL of us....how the f... can that be ??

• Like 3

If we scored 18 points every time we had a poster, we would have achieved one of the greatest winning margins in AFL history. But of course, if we actually aimed for the goalposts then the ball would have gone right through the middle.

• Like 1

Me too sweet. I was so flat last night I couldn't even be bothered joining in the whip Stuie session.

Jeez, things must have been dire.

I felt really flat too and couldn't bring myself to face Demonland at all. Whether you let that affect the rest of your life is a choice, though.

But Macca was only responsible for two of our eighteen points! At least in the space of a quarter he put himself into a position where he had four set shots, more than any other of the nominated forwards were able to achieve in four quarters.

food for thought. Had he done his real job properly for 3 qtrs we wouldn't be discussing his fwd kicking prowess. ..might even be celebrating a win :rolleyes:

Jeez, things must have been dire.

I felt really flat too and couldn't bring myself to face Demonland at all. Whether you let that affect the rest of your life is a choice, though.

I wonder that often.

Whether or not to think about this club at all.

I mostly move from disappointment to embarrassment and feel I'm wasting an afternoon per week watching the [censored].

They very nearly didn't get my membership this year and the way things are going they'll be very lucky if they get it next.

Edited by Fork 'em

I wonder that often.

Whether or not to think about this club at all.

I mostly move from disappointment to embarrassment and feel I'm wasting an afternoon per week watching the [censored].

They very nearly didn't get my membership this year and they way thing are going they'll be very lucky if they get it next.

Yeah, you will....we all will.

We're hooked.

It's hideous, but we can't stop looking.....

• Like 1

Yeah, you will....we all will.

We're hooked.

It's hideous, but we can't stop looking.....

Sad but more than likely true.

We'll see.

I've had a few mood altering addictions during my life.

Given them all up.

Accept this 1.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 3

Can anyone tell me why opposing key forwards never seem to miss against us? Is it the thought of playing against a rabble team that is Melbourne that has their confidence sky rocketing? Or is it that our crowd doesn't seem to be as opposing as putting people off their set shots for goal? Whenever it seemed like a Melbourne player was lining up for goal, there were constant boos throughout the stadium from Essendon fans. I'm just getting sick and tired of key forwards kicking bags against us without ever missing.

Can anyone tell me why opposing key forwards never seem to miss against us? Is it the thought of playing against a rabble team that is Melbourne that has their confidence sky rocketing? Or is it that our crowd doesn't seem to be as opposing as putting people off their set shots for goal? Whenever it seemed like a Melbourne player was lining up for goal, there were constant boos throughout the stadium from Essendon fans. I'm just getting sick and tired of key forwards kicking bags against us without ever missing.

I reckon part of it is confidence (i.e. the confidence that it's going to be OK even if you miss because it's just Melbourne, not Hawthorn or Fremantle etc.).

But part of it is simply luck.

food for thought. Had he done his real job properly for 3 qtrs we wouldn't be discussing his fwd kicking prowess. ..might even be celebrating a win :rolleyes:

It should not have been his job this week. We should have named Fitzy!

• Like 1

Me too sweet. I was so flat last night I couldn't even be bothered joining in the whip Stuie session.

Bigger things to worry about than that bag-of-dicks little stuie. Where will we be in a couple of years when the druggies and carltank are back pushing the 8 and we're still chasing that win number 5/6/7? Surely there's a breaking point and we're reaching it..

RL this lack of midfield clearance smarts has been a problem for years. Can you coach it to improve or is it imbedded in your mids. They either have it or they don't? You watch The Dorks and at every centre bounce they seem to have plenty of space to offload the ball to one, then another team mate, then they are off. With us it just a tap to someone who tries to barge through a pack, gets tackled and draws another ball up or as you say puts out a short handball to another in similar traffic.

Part of the problem is in the mindset of the mids, who try and barge through players. That is not a high percentage play as we see every week. Then when they are caught, they try the little handball, that is usually turned over. It is poor football and poor coaching to allow it to continue as it has for most of the year. If they want to learn how to do it, video Mitchell of the Hawks and see what he does.

Geelong and the Hawks are famous for the quick release backwards, to a player coming forwards who then can dish off the ball.

Effort and work rate are a big part of this, as when the first disposal is given off, other players forward of the ball are running to make space and give the option. We are poor at this.

It comes from practice and game plans put in place by the Coaches.

The same can be said of the loose man in defence, that has been used at least 3 times this year, that I can recall, to cost us a game, including yesterday. Why wasn't someone sent to Baguley by the Coaches to stop his clearances and cut off an easy way out for the bombers' defenders.

Also why did our forwards play from behind the whole game, allowing the Defenders easy uncontested marks and possessions. Surely the Coaches could have addressed that early in the game when it became obvious.

Further the long bombs into the forward line are useless when your key forwards are not marking the ball or bringing it to ground, like what was happening yesterday, yet we persisted with the long bombs.

• Like 5

If we scored 18 points every time we had a poster, we would have achieved one of the greatest winning margins in AFL history. But of course, if we actually aimed for the goalposts then the ball would have gone right through the middle.

If you pulled 10 blokes out of the crowd, with beers in hand, I reckon having the same set shots at goal that our players did, they would score better. One of the few things these blokes have to do in life, is kick a football accurately.

We dispose worse than most and our kicking for goal is generally poor.

• Like 1

Works for me

Especially those Kebabs from the dodgy caravans in petrol stations.

• Like 1

If you pulled 10 blokes out of the crowd, with beers in hand, I reckon having the same set shots at goal that our players did, they would score better. One of the few things these blokes have to do in life, is kick a football accurately.

We dispose worse than most and our kicking for goal is generally poor.

Choose carefully. It's difficult if you have huge beer guts Red. Unless one is an orangutan the arms just cannot extend enough to drop the ball over the foot.

Part of the problem is in the mindset of the mids, who try and barge through players. That is not a high percentage play as we see every week. Then when they are caught, they try the little handball, that is usually turned over. It is poor football and poor coaching to allow it to continue as it has for most of the year. If they want to learn how to do it, video Mitchell of the Hawks and see what he does.

Geelong and the Hawks are famous for the quick release backwards, to a player coming forwards who then can dish off the ball.

Effort and work rate are a big part of this, as when the first disposal is given off, other players forward of the ball are running to make space and give the option. We are poor at this.

It comes from practice and game plans put in place by the Coaches.

The same can be said of the loose man in defence, that has been used at least 3 times this year, that I can recall, to cost us a game, including yesterday. Why wasn't someone sent to Baguley by the Coaches to stop his clearances and cut off an easy way out for the bombers' defenders.

Also why did our forwards play from behind the whole game, allowing the Defenders easy uncontested marks and possessions. Surely the Coaches could have addressed that early in the game when it became obvious.

Further the long bombs into the forward line are useless when your key forwards are not marking the ball or bringing it to ground, like what was happening yesterday, yet we persisted with the long bombs.

Spot on!! So well put it reads like something I had written!!!

I find it easier to think that this is our 2nd year of rebuilding not 8th. That helps with these close losses, we could be were the Bulldogs are in a couple of seasons.

• Like 1

boom tish !!

Some may consider the moving of T Mac inspired. It was desperation. Soundly beaten down back..some light years off his AA form hes shoved fwd. He DID show some toe making arguably better position than iur real foewards but he kicks like a backman...and even the :rolleyes: (hes improved but still not a good kick )

Many seem to want to suggest it was the finishing off that lost us the game. Possibly in very narrow simple terms it did. Multiple posters didn't help but it was far more than that. I posted yesterday during the game a simple observation. They, in 2nd half once they'd sorted their yips out looked purposeful and dangerous when going forward. We just looked clumsy and inept. Worrying to watch. Scoring was more accidental than by design for there was NO discernible design.

one week we can..next we cant. Why is this. Lobotomies all round during the week ?

A greater concern is that which Red portrays. The inability to capitalise on clearing. Truth is despite so called stats we DON'T win the clearance often. If you dobt come away and towards your scoring end you haven't won it. We often got the tap but it was like 1,2 without the 3 for it was this point we inevitably turned it over and bang...straight to a 4th man waiting to link to any of a 5th 6th or 7th. Even these kiddy bombers played with more confidence to just go and back their plan....we just played circle work til again,of course we coughed it up.

i really havent seen much real improvement....not whilst we still play fukked-footy.

Was painful to watch. Beer helped...and I WAS on dry july....the game forced my position

Ah finally some "Brevity" Mc Donald was indeed thrashed down back and his inexcusable barely made distance 35 metre miss was almost as bad as "Skills'" Jordy's miss from 15 metres a while back.

Agree, our team is full of footballers who make the same mistakes over and over again.

FCS Take the first option and trust your footy instincts as flawed and embryonic as they are.

So many problems for ROOSY to fix.

the_three_stooges_a_plumbing_we_will_go_

Edited by picket fence