• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Post Match Discussion - Round 15

Demonland

Perspective doesn't hurt here. Yes our finishing was horrible, and we seem to have doing 3 good things and [censored] up the 4th down pat, but we gave it everything in the 4th Q after sleeping through the 3rd. 24 months ago we would have lost by 10+ goals.

It was ours to lose and we lost it, but we fought it out to the end. Yeah, I'm not happy we lost (especially as I drove down from NSW to see my first live game in a couple of years and froze through it, but it wasn't the wrist slitting loss some people seem to think it was.

Hang in there, mate. We'll be up and down this year (I'm as [censored] as you), but we just have to be patient for a season or two more. I understand people being turned away. I went to all of those Neeld games and was totally numb by the end of it. Bored is how I was until the hope of Roosy came along. It'll be so much sweeter when we start becoming a proper football club again, knowing you stuck by them.

I agree and appreciate that. But to be honest I've revisited that position at least 20 times.

Like most of us, I'll stick with them like a bloody sap. But I'll defend to the death my right to express my disdain for the way they waste my time and money by turning in dog performances like that. Any self respecting AFL side should've belted that Essendon side into oblivion.

We're back to being the second worst, if not worst side in the league. It's unbelievable really.

• Like 4

I agree and appreciate that. But to be honest I've revisited that position at least 20 times.

Like most of us, I'll stick with them like a bloody sap. But I'll defend to the death my right to express my disdain for the way they waste my time and money by turning in dog performances like that. Any self respecting AFL side should've belted that Essendon side into oblivion.

We're back to being the second worst, if not worst side in the league. It's unbelievable really.

Do you live in Droop street? Edited by chook fowler

The delivery to our forwards was pathetic not sure how you can put all the blame at their feet.

That's why I said the delivery didn't help

Wow, that's not even remotely close to what I said, at all.

Mate, we were all [censored] at what happened yesterday. I didn't say it was weak - you introduced that word, not me.

I just think some people need to get a grip and not let what happens on the football take over everything. No sane MFC fan wouldn't be livid, spewing, ropable, gutted about what happened yesterday, it's natural, but it becomes your choice if you continue to stew on it. If it angers you so much that people around you find you intolerable, I think you (not Lamashtu you, but general you) are out of control. At the end of the day its your life and your perogative, but others are taking it to the point where they think the players should feel the same and therefore shouldn't go out for a beer afterwards. That's where it crosses the line from "your business" to "embarrassing".

Believe me, I don't judge people for being [censored] about it, or getting emotional about footy. I do too. I can't help it. But with a lot of training and self discipline, I have learned to get it under control after a pretty serious heart to heart with my family about it. It can be done.

Good post, I agree with what you say. Ultimately it's just a game, and after a week with Phil Walsh and losing a close family friend of mine keeps things in perspective. I guess the irony of the loss is that, deep down, MFC supporters probably expected we'd find a way to lose it. All week long I heard "stop worrying, you'll kill 'em!" at work, and pre-match I came around and optimistically thought we might have finally turned a corner post-Geelong and would delight fans with a memorable win. I fear for the club itself if their supporters have to disconnect all emotional attachment from results. My father can't bear to watch games anymore unless he knows the result.

For the record, I don't think it benefits anyone if the players mope around and be miserable after a loss, it would lead to a horrible culture and players would be lining up for trades out. I'm sure Roos has the work/life balance of his players under control but I think he'd be the first to admit disappointment at the slow progress of our transition from cellar dweller to contender.

Gotta say afta being around for well ova the 51yrs since our last flag, I knew deep down MFC was gunna rip us another! Got home from golf at 1.15 not wanting too watch, had a barbie on thank u, any why I switched the start of game on, 5min in Viney gathers in ball and ducks his head into the tackle.........I went to the barbie and backed a coupla of winners cause deep scarring told me we really weren't gunna beat that hated tribe.

I'm a tragic dees supporter, deep down u all new it to......didn't you's?

Or am I alone! Faaaaaarrrrrrrrrrk

• Like 1

I have seldom been so disappointed in watching a MFC side lose like yesterday.

I doubt i have seen us do so much to lose a game.

If there was a mistake to be a made we made it.

Yesterday we had five players who were Casey players masquerading as AFL players.

We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I thought after 24 hours I might have mellowed but no.

Last night I decided that I will attend a MFC games until they show that they should be part of the competition.

Right now that feeling has not changed.

Our results show we have come little distance since 2007.

I have little energy left for the MFC There are lots of more pleasurable things to do with ones life.

• Like 2

Perspective doesn't hurt here. Yes our finishing was horrible, and we seem to have doing 3 good things and [censored] up the 4th down pat, but we gave it everything in the 4th Q after sleeping through the 3rd. 24 months ago we would have lost by 10+ goals.

It was ours to lose and we lost it, but we fought it out to the end. Yeah, I'm not happy we lost (especially as I drove down from NSW to see my first live game in a couple of years and froze through it, but it wasn't the wrist slitting loss some people seem to think it was.

It might just be me, but part of the reason this feels like the worst loss for the year is purely who we lost to: Hird, an inconceivably clueless coach, and his team of delusional drug cheats. I wouldn't be the only MFC supporter who despises that club more than any other.

I'm indifferent to teams like St Kilda so the loss to them stung a lot less.

• Like 3

Uncle Fester your optimism is refreshing. Its a pity for you the boys let you down as you are obviously a demon tragic. It happens tho and next week is another game. Go Dees

• Like 1

I have seldom been so disappointed in watching a MFC side lose like yesterday.

I doubt i have seen us do so much to lose a game.

If there was a mistake to be a made we made it.

Yesterday we had five players who were Casey players masquerading as AFL players.

We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

I thought after 24 hours I might have mellowed but no.

Last night I decided that I will attend a MFC games until they show that they should be part of the competition.

Right now that feeling has not changed.

Our results show we have come little distance since 2007.

I have little energy left for the MFC There are lots of more pleasurable things to do with ones life.

Hang in there Old Dee, We all feel your pain. Reading all the thoughts on here have made me quite nostalgic. Made me realise how tough it has been to be a Melbourne supporter. In honor of this i might start a new post and see how it goes. Ive only done that twice before and it didn't go well. Ended up being called a troll etc etc. Anyway Old Dee you hang in there and remember these words from my local football club. This was our moto and we played and lived by it on field and off. ONE IN ALL IN.

The thing that pisses me the most is that after a decade of choosing players through four diferent FD,s we still have a list that is made up of mainly players who have VFL level skills.

We have numerous players who cannot Kick or mark.

Lets not forget this game was played on our home ground.

• Like 1

The thing that pisses me the most is that after a decade of choosing players through four diferent FD,s we still have a list that is made up of mainly players who have VFL level skills.

We have numerous players who cannot Kick or mark.

Lets not forget this game was played on our home ground.

Been exasperated by atrocious development, too. We haven't taught our kids good habits or how to handle the damn pill properly.

• Like 1

We're not the second worst, IMO, but we have mental fragility that is worrying in this new group. All I can say is I hope that it is simply because this team is so inexperienced and young and perhaps got ahead of themselves coming into this week. Most of those guys have probably never gone into a game as favourites. I'm certainly not excusing that pitiful performance, but I'm hoping (and I'd be praying if I was a religious man) that we're nearing the end of what has surely been the most sustained lamentable period that an AFL/VFL club has experienced.

We're not the second worst, IMO, but we have mental fragility that is worrying in this new group. All I can say is I hope that it is simply because this team is so inexperienced and young and perhaps got ahead of themselves coming into this week. Most of those guys have probably never gone into a game as favourites. I'm certainly not excusing that pitiful performance, but I'm hoping (and I'd be praying if I was a religious man) that we're nearing the end of what has surely been the most sustained lamentable period that an AFL/VFL club has experienced.

The most noticeable thing for me is the lack of leadership. Players rave about Lumumba's leadership at training, but I'm yet to see it on-field. Are we too top-heavy with introverts?

The most noticeable thing for me is the lack of leadership. Players rave about Lumumba's leadership at training, but I'm yet to see it on-field. Are we too top-heavy with introverts?

I've seen it on field in the Hawthorn game. The problem is he's not super talented like some of the other great leaders in the game, so when it comes to really turning and impacting a game, he doesn't quite have the skillset. Jones is similar, although I love him. You could see in the last he was trying to will his team over the line, but he lacks that leg speed to break from packs. I think we'll be fine with onfield leaders in the coming years, as long as the blokes coming through (the Petracca's and Hogan's) are guided properly by their coaches.

• Like 1

I've seen it on field in the Hawthorn game. The problem is he's not super talented like some of the other great leaders in the game, so when it comes to really turning and impacting a game, he doesn't quite have the skillset. Jones is similar, although I love him. You could see in the last he was trying to will his team over the line, but he lacks that leg speed to break from packs. I think we'll be fine with onfield leaders in the coming years, as long as the blokes coming through (the Petracca's and Hogan's) are guided properly by their coaches.

It has to be a consideration in recruitment from here on. You look at teams hovering mid-table and there's a theme amongst the ones that can't reach the heights of Hawthorn and Sydney: a lack of leadership. Richmond are finally coming good because players like Riewoldt are standing up and showing maturity. Teams like North and Carlton will continue to go nowhere until they fill the void in leadership.

It has to be a consideration in recruitment from here on. You look at teams hovering mid-table and there's a theme amongst the ones that can't reach the heights of Hawthorn and Sydney: a lack of leadership. Richmond are finally coming good because players like Riewoldt are standing up and showing maturity. Teams like North and Carlton will continue to go nowhere until they fill the void in leadership.

I think that's been a theme going back as far as Bailey. Jack Watts, for example, was touted as having great leadership and he does show it occasionally. Grimes, Trengove and now Hogan, Petracca, Brayshaw. These are all guys with strong leadership qualities.

Edited by AdamFarr

I think that's been a theme going back as far as Bailey. Jack Watts, for example, was touted as having great leadership and he does show it occasionally. Grimes, Trengove and now Hogan, Petracca, Brayshaw. These are all guys with strong leadership qualities.

We definitely still have too many best-22 players that look for someone else to carry the team over the line. A glaring problem fortunately highlighted in that Saints match.

There was much talk that Cross was told the time remaining when he came off the interchange (41 seconds) but did nothing. Really need those recruits to stand up at moments like that.

• Like 1

We definitely still have too many best-22 players that look for someone else to carry the team over the line. A glaring problem fortunately highlighted in that Saints match.

There was much talk that Cross was told the time remaining when he came off the interchange (41 seconds) but did nothing. Really need those recruits to stand up at moments like that.

Completely agree, mate.

I love Crossy, but his lack of kicking skills have been more apparent of late. Not keen to look up the stats for the game but he's been turning it over quite a bit the last few weeks.

I'm happy having him there given the lack of on-field leaders but I also wouldn't be totally opposed to seeing a kid blooded in his spot once we get close to having a full strength list towards the end of the year.