• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes vs Essendon

titan_uranus

Wonder if Fitz might be brought in to play on Daniher?

Cheezus Chook given our luck with this sort of thing I'd back Daniher to bag 7 !!?

• Like 1

m8, you don't send a (possible) AA defender to the magoos. He made some mistakes but was beaten by a pull that was rocketed to the forwards lace out. Very hard to stop if the mids aren't applying pressure to their mids.

You can drop anyone if theyre not performing. He was smashing it earlier in the year when our mids were even worse, so im not sure thats the reason. He seems a different player last 5 weeks Just want him to lift a bit.

Harmes won't play. You're all dreaming.

One thing that has to happen is Spencer being dropped. We were too tall and, as many have mentioned, the Bombers barely have one ruckman playing, so we need to go with Gawn and Dawes pinch hitting and add more run to the side.

JKH and Newton are two who stand out, while Michie may also get another look in as well. Until Salem, VDB, Kent etc are ready to return though it's really a case of swapping a few deck chairs at the minute.

It's a big 3 weeks though we 3 VERY winnable games.

• Like 6

One thing that has to happen is Spencer being dropped. We were too tall and, as many have mentioned, the Bombers barely have one ruckman playing, so we need to go with Gawn and Dawes pinch hitting and add more run to the side.

JKH and Newton are two who stand out, while Michie may also get another look in as well. Until Salem, VDB, Kent etc are ready to return though it's really a case of swapping a few deck chairs at the minute.

Except that Dawes will not pinch hit. 2 years ago I though I would never say this, but we are missing [Pedersen].

• Like 1

Except that Dawes will not pinch hit. 2 years ago I though I would never say this, but we are missing [Pedersen].

He will if he has to. We can't go in with 2 ruckmen, and we can't drop Spencer and replace him with Fitzy as that defeats the purpose.

I do agree though - we miss Pedersen in this regard. He provides exactly what we need in this area right now.

• Like 2

After watching Max King in two of his last three matches at VFL level, I can honestly say there's no way that he's ready for AFL footy just yet.

Big blokes are usually gifted AFL games before midfielders. Apparently it helps their development.

Dawes form is terrible. He is a senior player with a premiership. He kicked two goals last night. Pretty easy goals. Was at the game in Darwin.

Traditionally, we play poorly the week after our trip to the Top End so I would make plenty of changes to ensure the team that runs our against Essendon next week has fresh legs and is capable of running out the game.

As well as Max Gawn has played since he came back into the side, I would rest both he and Jake Spencer by returning both back to Casey for this week and replacing them with Mark Jamar and Jack Fitzpatrick.

Angus Brayshaw was due for a rest and even if he comes up after his head and neck injury, let him have the week off.

Rohan Bail and Matt Jones had poor games and the deck chairs can be rearranged this week with any of Jay Kennedy-Harris, Viv Michie, Ben Newton or Aidan Riley.

I'm keeping Alex Neal-Bullen and Billy Stretch in the team so I'm inclined to make James Harmes to wait that extra week before making his debut.

Anyone know when Jack Grimes and Heritier Lumumba are due back?

Apart from a 2 minute cameo last night, he hasn't played for 2 weeks now. By next Saturday it will be 3. He will be fresh, provided his neck injury can subside.

• Like 3

We were beaten by a very good midfield last night, The big men did ok. Our midfield and backline didnt provide the run into our forward line the way WC did, which made it harder for the resting ruckman and other forwards..We missed lumumba and Brayshaw last night who run the ball out of our defense and get the ball going forward so often.
  • Like 6

The Gawn/Spencer combo worked against the cats when they really only had Blicavs and Walker as their ruckmen, it's easy to say we were too tall last night and Spencer needs to go because essendon don't really have a ruck anyway, it could be like the Geelong game a good chance to dominate out of the middle with Gawn & Spencer... That was a big difference last night compared to the Geelong game, we couldn't get our hands on the footy at stoppages which we dominated Geelong at the previous week

Edited by JV7
  • Like 3

The Gawn/Spencer combo worked against the cats when they really only had Blicavs and Walker as their ruckmen, it's easy to say we were too tall last night and Spencer needs to go because essendon don't really have a ruck anyway, it could be like the Geelong game a good chance to dominate out of the middle with Gawn & Spencer... That was a big difference last night compared to the Geelong game, we couldn't get our hands on the footy at stoppages which we dominated Geelong at the previous week

The problem isnt Gawn and Spemcer., its that we added Hogan to the team without dropping a tall.

• Like 2

Too many players missing games due to precaution these days.

I am certain that were we fighting for a top 8 spot thing may be handled differently. And THAT IS NOT TANKING, it is sensible player management.

Wonder if Fitz might be brought in to play on Daniher?

Would ease the dilemma of two rucks, if Fitz ran with Daniher all day, wherever he goes, whether as a forward or in the ruck, or on the bench.

He will if he has to. We can't go in with 2 ruckmen, and we can't drop Spencer and replace him with Fitzy as that defeats the purpose.

I do agree though - we miss Pedersen in this regard. He provides exactly what we need in this area right now.

see above. Fitz one on one with Daniher all day...then poor Dawsey wouldn't have to ruck at all.

p

Trouble is Daniher is too tall for Dunn and McDonald

....which could make Fitz an ideal match up. Apparently he had a good game at Casey.

p

Trouble is Daniher is too tall for Dunn and McDonald

I'm holding my breath as I type this, but.... Fitzpatrick? I don't know how you fit him in to the side as another tall, but he could handle Daniher in terms of height, size and speed.