Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes vs Essendon

titan_uranus

Harmes in and some runners forward.

They killed us with rebound from defence tonight. Apart from Garlett there was no pressure from our forwards.

Please find another key forward to help Hogan this draft/trade season...

Jettas form is a worry - has done very little this year.

Thought he was one of our best tonight. I can't remember him making an error.

Meanwhile, I wouldn't be surprised to see us try the Spencer/Gawn combination again and try to stretch Essendon for height. It may depend on the weather conditions though.

In - Lumumba, Harmes, JKH

Out - Bail, M.Jones, Spencer

We will need to make 3 changes minimum coming back from Darwin, and will need to bring in fresh legs.

Pleas Roos, don't do in too tall AGAIN

Praying Gus is ok to play.

Traditionally, we play poorly the week after our trip to the Top End so I would make plenty of changes to ensure the team that runs our against Essendon next week has fresh legs and is capable of running out the game.

As well as Max Gawn has played since he came back into the side, I would rest both he and Jake Spencer by returning both back to Casey for this week and replacing them with Mark Jamar and Jack Fitzpatrick.

Angus Brayshaw was due for a rest and even if he comes up after his head and neck injury, let him have the week off.

Rohan Bail and Matt Jones had poor games and the deck chairs can be rearranged this week with any of Jay Kennedy-Harris, Viv Michie, Ben Newton or Aidan Riley.

I'm keeping Alex Neal-Bullen and Billy Stretch in the team so I'm inclined to make James Harmes to wait that extra week before making his debut.

Anyone know when Jack Grimes and Heritier Lumumba are due back?

• Like 1

Anyone know when Jack Grimes and Heritier Lumumba are due back?

Misson said he was kept out as a precaution and will play vs Essendope

Hopefully Essendope get some injuries to their good players today

Misson said he was kept out as a precaution and will play vs Essendope

Hopefully Essendope get some injuries to their good players today

Too many players missing games due to precaution these days.

Drop Spencer, Bail, M Jones, Dawes

In, Lumumba, Max king, Newton, Mitchie

After watching Max King in two of his last three matches at VFL level, I can honestly say there's no way that he's ready for AFL footy just yet.

We should make multiple changes for no other reason than to make me feel a whole lot better and yeah, there's the Darwin energy sapping travel bit too.

Out: Spencer (stiff but the two ruckman experiment is over for now), Bail, M Jones, Toumpas, Howe (Please!)

In: Fitzpatrick (if we need for back up ruck work, otherwise Grimes), JKH, Lamumba, Harmes (upgrade), Newton

I feel better already

PS I'd even consider Riley in as the sub to smash up a few in the last (e.g.. Goddard)

• Like 2

Traditionally, we play poorly the week after our trip to the Top End so I would make plenty of changes to ensure the team that runs our against Essendon next week has fresh legs and is capable of running out the game.

Angus Brayshaw was due for a rest and even if he comes up after his head and neck injury, let him have the week off.

If there are no injury concerns, I would say he has had a good rest after the bye and being out of the game yesterday after the first five minutes.

• Like 6

Drop Spencer, Bail, M Jones, Dawes

In, Lumumba, Max king, Newton, Mitchie

Max King - he has played one good game at VFL level - No don't think so.

I would say keep Dawes and maybe bring someone else in instead of Michie.

Outs: Spencer, Bail, Jones

Ins: Lumumba, Newton, JKH/michie

Grimes? (could replace Howe)

Vanders? (would be big in - big body and PACE!)

Harmes? (can we elevate or is it too late)

Would like to see Harmes but dont know if we can elevate another rookie and also we are playing enough youngsters as it is (Stretch, ANB etc.). He has got plenty of time and its not like we played really bad and need to make 4+ changes. (I guess its a balance between showing trust in players and resting after Darwin)

I am just not sure what Michie has to offer us - he showed something last year however the two big questions are: is he too slow? and do we have to many of his type already? Havent given up on him though so him or JKH.

Edited by Young Dee

Max King - he has played one good game at VFL level - No don't think so.

I would say keep Dawes and maybe bring someone else in instead of Michie.

Outs: Spencer, Bail, Jones

Ins: Lumumba, Newton, JKH/michie

Would like to see Harmes but dont know if we can elevate another rookie and also we are playing enough youngsters as it is (Stretch, ANB etc.). He has got plenty of time and its not like we played really bad and need to make 4+ changes.

I am just not sure what Michie has to offer us - he showed something last year however the two big questions are: is he too slow? and do we have to many of his type already? Havent given up on him though so him or JKH.

Petracca & Trengove are both LTI's, surely the rule would be we can upgrade more than one rookie?
  • Like 2

After watching Max King in two of his last three matches at VFL level, I can honestly say there's no way that he's ready for AFL footy just yet.

Totally agree. He would be crushed. Big boy needs more time to develop his body.

Petracca & Trengove are both LTI's, surely the rule would be we can upgrade more than one rookie?

Yep thats what I was thinking but remember reading someones post which said there was a cut off date for upgrading (which seemed a bit silly.

Would like to see Harmes come in but not sure about adding him to Stretch and ANB (maybe rest one of them or give Harmes a few more VFL games to prove himself)

Expecting a light week on the track so the boys can freshen up, Matt Jones may stay in because we are playing the Bombers who can be exposed for run but IMO should be dropped, Spencer will be dropped due to match ups

Jetta Dunn Garland

Lumumba TMAC Cross

Stretch Viney Vince

Watts Dawes Brayshaw

Garlett Hogan JKH

Gawn, N.Jones, Tyson

I/C:Toumpas, ANB, Grimes & Howe

Emergencies: Newton, Michie & Fitzpatrick

Out:Spencer, Bail & M Jones

Ins:Lumumba, JKH & Grimes

I am putting Brayshaw in as I am hoping he is okay and not really sure where Grimes is at with his hand, JKH needs to come in to give Garlett a hand at ground level

If Lumumba and Grimes are fit Id be tempted to send McDonald to the Magoos to find some form, we really need him to fire up.

m8, you don't send a (possible) AA defender to the magoos. He made some mistakes but was beaten by a pull that was rocketed to the forwards lace out. Very hard to stop if the mids aren't applying pressure to their mids.

• Like 2

it'll be interesting to see what essendon play like today, given that they've completely recast their side in the wake of injuries to bellchambers and carlisle.

mckernan is a player who'll never stop trying, but has limited ability - however, he does get around the ground to impact contests. i guess daniher rotates with him?

they're going to need to completely rejig their forward line; watson to play deep? hurley to go forward? they're definitely looking nippier down there with the inclusion of winderlich, the merrett bros, zaharakis rotating through etc.

i agree with everyone who says we need to have some fresh legs coming in after the darwin game.

OUT: bail, m jones, spencer, (brayshaw?)

IN: lumumba, jkh, newton, (michie?)

fitzpatrick would also definitely have to come into consideration, as we don't have an 'occasional' ruckman without pedersen available as well, and he could simply go wherever daniher goes, be it deep forward, up the ground, or into the ruck.

the biggest concern re that is that we're way too top heavy with fitz joining dunn, t mac, garland, hogan, dawes, gawn, plus howe all in the side limiting running rotations.

could this be the week howe gets dropped?

we bloody missed having him out there today. Goes to show what a star he can potentially become if the loss of a 19 year old who has only played 12 games, affects our team so much.

And how shallow our midfield is that this kid is already the 5th best mid.

And how shallow our midfield is that this kid is already the 5th best mid.

5th? i'd say he's about on a par with viney, just behind vince and jones. he's so damaging with the ball in hand, plus he's arguably the best tackler in the team...the wellingham one where he got injured excepted.

Edited by DemonAndrew

Assuming Gus pulls up ok & Lumumba recovers from his mystery injury, I'd make 3 changes for next week.

IN: Fitzpatrick, Kennedy-Harris, Lumumba

OUT: Bail, M. Jones, Spencer

FB: Dunn, T. McDonald, Jetta

HB: Garland, Fitzpatrick, Cross

C: Lumumba, N. Jones, Tyson

HF: Brayshaw, Dawes, Kennedy-Harris

FF: Howe, Hogan, Garlett

FOLL: Gawn, Vince, Viney

INT: Neal-Bullen, Toumpas, Watts

SUB: Stretch

EMERG: Harmes, Newton, Spencer

Harmes to debut if either Gus or Lumumba aren't right. Newton stand-by for the other.

We're playing against a team devoid of forwards, and yet our backline is stacked with plodders with no attacking skills. Lumumba has to play half back, and unless Jetta and Garland don't start playing 2 way football, they become liabilities. If Brayshaw is fit, like to see him also play half-back.

Lumumba, Harmes, Newton and JKH to come in for Spencer, M. Jones, Bail and Toumpas.