Changes v Port Adelaide

gOLLy

KEEP NEWTON IN THE TEAM.....

Ex players have an uncanny ability of playing at a higher level than normal against former clubs and he might have a point to prove after being traded after not being able to get a game....

Just a thought, but probably worth a punt....

Not a bad call. He'll know Port's running patterns and be keen to show them he can run at AFL level and was worth more than the 1 year deal they offered him. Plus he might just have a natural feel for the way Port players move and get on their right sides, run a few down etc.

I'm keen for him to cement a spot in the team as well. Good kick. Good hands in close. All he needs is either a bit more speed or more fitness and he'll be a really handy player. He's not one I'd drop lightly, especially after already being dropped last week.

Hell no to dropping Newton.

He may not be getting high possession numbers just yet but he runs all day and he is 3rd at the club for goals,despite missing a game, and hes averaging 1 goal per game from the midfield.

He will not be dropped

• Like 4

As few changes as possible to the side we saw play for one another. If they're right, Viney and Jetta, probably for Bail and M.Jones. But even then, in spite of their stats counts, those guys began to work their way into the game and contributed in the third. Won't be fussed if Tyson misses another week due to how our midfield fared. Very unfair if Riley misses out given on how he attacked the ball in the last term.

• Like 3

In: Gawn, Viney

Out: Bail, M.Jones

Probably too top heavy having Gawn and Spencer in the same side. Hopefully Viney is fit and Jetta the other in. Those outs are probably fair.

• Like 4

He did push hard in that last quarter although a few of his kicks did fall short.

Just seemed to lack a bit of his usual grunt/speed as well.

He was just playing an ok game for 3 quarters but in the last quarter he played like Bartel. Off the back of seeing what he did in the final term I'd rather him stay in the team even if he's subbed for a week. Worth noting that he played 76% game time so I think Roos is wary of keeping him fresh. Even Hogan had a sizable rest in the last quarter

• Like 2

Probably too top heavy having Gawn and Spencer in the same side. Hopefully Viney is fit and Jetta the other in. Those outs are probably fair.

Fair point but i like the idea of having Gawn as the 3rd tall forward, playing in the pocket and helping spencer out in the ruck. I hope he gets a game this week,

• Like 1

Fair point but i like the idea of having Gawn as the 3rd tall forward, playing in the pocket and helping spencer out in the ruck. I hope he gets a game this week,

I don't. The team that won should stay unchanged unless jones is injured.
  • Like 1

i believe this is likely what the selection committee will do.

I believe Casey have a bye.

I'd be happy with an unchanged side, or viney in for bail, and jetta in for jones. I dont want tyson back yet (its not like 1 week off will fix and MCL strain [even though its minor]), i'd give him a few weeks to ensure he is feeling a lot better on it.

Few changes = happy!

• Like 2

I believe Casey have a bye.

I'd be happy with an unchanged side, or viney in for bail, and jetta in for jones. I dont want tyson back yet (its not like 1 week off will fix and MCL strain [even though its minor]), i'd give him a few weeks to ensure he is feeling a lot better on it.

Few changes = happy!

Agree 100%

Don't think we should be tinkering with the side after yesterdays performance.

Perhaps it's time for Tyson etc to fight their way back into the side and reward the effort of a winning team.

Keep everyone on their toes and no one should feel as though they are a automatic selection.

• Like 1

Bob Murphy had the least influence in a game against us that I can remember. Matt Jones did the kind of job on him that will have drawn a lot of kudos from the coaches. He will stay of concussion not an issue. Bail will go, as he just doesn't have the head or skills for AFL footy. No knock on his effort and intent though. Tyson, Viney and Jetta being fit make it tricky. Max Gawn is pushing very hard from Casey too. Nice how a win in both the ones and twos creates selection dilemmas, despite injuries.

• Like 6

Give Tyson a few weeks to get fully fit

Keep Matty Jones

keep Spencer and the Fitz

Bail and maybe Newton to make way for Viney and jetta

• Like 1

Seems sensible. Brayshaw is clearly contributing but we want to keep getting the most out of him all season and career.

Those are some good 'ins' to be considering.

Naughty naught Grimes and Toumpas going and making it all a hard decision all of a sudden!

:roos:

Resting Brayshaw is sensible if he is sore or getting tired.

Having 11 possessions in the last quarter doesn't scream tired to me and you would want him in the team and building on that form.

• Like 2

Viney has been out for a fair period so it is probably smarter to have at elast one week at Casey.

Same with Jetta, but Roos seems to have a similar approach to Jettas as with Watts - we are a better side with him in it - so he may come straight back in.

Tyson's knee is a concern. Whenver he is out injured it is the joint of the musicle around that same knee. Carefull return onthe cards.

Bail is clumsy in attack but quick and brutally effective in defence. He will probably remain in hte team due to Port's pace and frantic attacking style.

Brayshaw might be rested, but there is a bye coming up soon and that might be sufficient.

IN: Jetta

OUT: M. Jones

really? If he needs it then sure, but...really?:

Angus Brayshaw collected 11 last-quarter disposals to help will his side to victory, showcasing the grunt and competitiveness which prompted the Dees to use last year’s No. 3 pick on him.

Agree about resting Brayshaw - but only to keep him fresh for Queens Birthday.

• Like 1

Brayshaw has become important for us. Resting him does hurt our chances of beating Port. If he needs the rest than so be it, but I doubt Viney and Tyson will be 100% so we go backwards resting brayshaw.

• Like 1

Can someone please tell me why they are wanting M Jones dropped? If he has concussion, then I appreciate he will be unlikely to play, but if he's fit, he has to play based on yesterday - he slaughtered Bob Murphy.

Again, it's all going to be based on injury, but the only one that may find themselves dropped would be Bail, and it would depend on the fitness of Tyson, Viney and Jetta to determine who would replace him.

• Like 3

Bob Murphy had the least influence in a game against us that I can remember. Matt Jones did the kind of job on him that will have drawn a lot of kudos from the coaches.

Yeah I just watched the reply, he flogged Murphy. Blanketed him.

Wouldn't be shocked if Roos gives him votes in the coaches award

• Like 2

How could anyone suggest to drop PigDog. His desperation was elite.

Because the three ins if fit are clearly best 22, and someone has to make way. Provide an alternative, or are the three ins not in your best side?

I'd keep Newton ahead of Riley. He adds a touch of class on the outside.

Is a defensive forward a necessity? If so, if M Jones and Bail don't play, who takes that role? M Jones on Murphy and Bail on Johanisen (sp?) did their jobs. However, if Viney, Tyson and Jetta are ready - meaning fully ready - they should come in for any three out of Bail, M Jones, Riley, Newton and Brayshaw (only if he needs a rest).

Because the three ins if fit are clearly best 22, and someone has to make way. Provide an alternative, or are the three ins not in your best side?

I'd keep Newton ahead of Riley. He adds a touch of class on the outside.

We made that mistake after the Gold Coast game.