• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Port Adelaide

gOLLy

If you have the luxury ...you can also pick a team for the opposition. The team balance was right matching up with what the Bulldogs had on offer...it may differ on what port presents ...and how we match up. So I would say our "ins & outs" will align with the best match ups to the Port players. It could definitely differ from who played against the Bulldogs. Will be interesting ...

• Like 1

If you have the luxury ...you can also pick a team for the opposition. The team balance was right matching up with what the Bulldogs had on offer...it may differ on what port presents ...and how we match up. So I would say our "ins & outs" will align with the best match ups to the Port players. It could definitely differ from who played against the Bulldogs. Will be interesting ...

On the surface at least (because I don't follow Port that closely), their strengths seem very similar to the Dogs. Attack off half back, fleet of good mids who can move the ball quickly but also play it tight, smart dangerous small forwards but also a very tall forward who must be matched up.

Except that Port have stronger rucks, so we'll need ruck options in case we get smashed at stoppages. I'd feel much more comfortable with Fitz & Pedo in the team.

If Tyson or Viney come in, it will be for Newton, who's a more similar mid.

Dawes'"calf" might not be ready yet I reckon.

Get jazza on his case, and I am sure it will be permanently sorted out in no time flat ... :)

I think Fitzy could be unlucky just based on match ups. Other than Schultz, which McDonald will take (and Dunn did a good job on last year) there aren't many other Power talks that would suit him.

Fitzy honestly shocked me with how well and he played and I couldn't be happier but I think he might struggle to get a game this weekend due to there small classy (when on) forwards.

Nev coming in is a must for a role.

Port have two 2m tall forwards as well as Schultz. We'll need his height. We may be better off playing Dunn o Schultz and having McDonald take the Hoff and Fitz on Ryder. Better physical match-ups, although their strengths may not be best suited to those opponents.

I think Fitzy could be unlucky just based on match ups. Other than Schultz, which McDonald will take (and Dunn did a good job on last year) there aren't many other Power talks that would suit him.

Fitzy honestly shocked me with how well and he played and I couldn't be happier but I think he might struggle to get a game this weekend due to there small classy (when on) forwards.

Nev coming in is a must for a role.

McDonald - Westhoff

Dunn - Schultz

Is what we did last year. This time Port have a resting ruckman (Lobbe and Ryder) for Fitzy to play on.

Then Garland can either play on a dangerous small (Jetta to Wingard, Garland to Gray was last years match ups) and/or he can get involved in rebounding the ball more. Howe stays forward.

Boyd and Cordy was a nice warm up for Fitzy. Lobbe and Ryder will be a test if he gets the match up.

• Like 1

What a week in footy can do - DL bemoaning the potential out of Matt Jones while suggesting J Viney (in our best 2 before injured), Dawes and Tyson should earn their spot via the magoos so that Grimes, Spencer and the Toump can play.

• Like 1

What a week in footy can do - DL bemoaning the potential out of Matt Jones while suggesting J Viney (in our best 2 before injured), Dawes and Tyson should earn their spot via the magoos so that Grimes, Spencer and the Toump can play.

Dawes absolutely should earn his spot via Casey.

Tyson and Viney obviously will come straight in when ready (maybe not this week )

• Like 2

Jackson Trengove will miss for Port with an ankle.

Haven't watched them much this year, has he been an important player for them?

Plays well against us (rebounds well) - but hasn't had to beat much in the past.

IN: Jetta, Tyson/viney

OUT: Bail, M.Jones

With ports run game we cant afford to take in an underdone Viney and Tyson if not 100% fit. Only one of the two can play. Aswell as Jetta in who will also lack match fitness. Wouldn't be against viney having a run at Casey if Tyson is right to go

Edited by JV7

It's good to see you have a few players of out best 22 at the start of the season coming in and we're all wondering if there is room for them. This means we finally have depth in our list.

It all depends on match up with who you bring in.

Jones job on Murphy was exceptional. Bail was not bad on Johansen but someone's got to go.

well i must be the only one who thought murphy had a reasonable game and confirmed it watching the replay.

he got 19 possessions as a defender and broke the lines a number of times

no way jones beat him

• Like 2

well i must be the only one who thought murphy had a reasonable game and confirmed it watching the replay.

no way jones beat him

19 possessions as their leading rebounding defender and architect of attacking play? How much influence did those possessions have? 19 is pretty weak and influence was modest at best.

• Like 2

19 possessions as their leading rebounding defender and architect of attacking play? How much influence did those possessions have? 19 is pretty weak and influence was modest at best.

gee tim, i thought you might understand the meaning of the term "reasonable"

the op said "jones job on murphy was exceptional" which i thought was hyperbole

i'll stick by saying jones just had a very average day but as usual tried hard. couldn't rate him better than 5/10 and that's generous

• Like 2

A bit tough on Bail big red I thought he was way better than m Jones. No need to drop him just because he is a poor kick for goal.

Agree OD Bail's value to teh side is when he doesn't have the ball and the running and defensive pressure he provides

no way jones beat him

You are not alone dc

It is all smoke and mirrors - there is no way on God's green earth that Roos will make four changes on the back of the most encouraging win we've had in ages, to fly a whole lot of underdone and/or out of form blokes up to Alice to play in the heat. This is especially so given that doing so will burn guys like Riley, Newton, Pedersen, Jones and Bail, who have worked their bums off and actually all had pretty good games.

Laughable.

One change, max, assuming Matt Jones goes out. I'd say Jetta in, but even that creates problems because Grimes will have to push into the midfield and I'm not sure that's ideal.

• Like 3

Dawes should miss again. A niggling calf after the flights to Alice and the heat there aint a good combo.

Plus, Pedersen deserves to hold his spot.

He should miss because he has no form to bring into the team. Play 5 or 6 at Casey and put some form on the board then he may be considered.

Forget the calf.

• Like 1

In: Viney Jetta (Tyson)

Out: Jones Bail (Riley)

They have given Jetta the extra week because this week is indigenous round and they wanted him fresh and didnt want to risk him. He is a lock for Chad - beat him last year, will do it again.

Viney will 100% play. He adds so much to our midfield and makes oppositions look twice at the contest. Was on fire at the start of the season.

Goodwin and the midfield coaches are creating mids that can play hard defensive games (viney v ablett - vince v danger, bont, cotchin) and then win it themselves.

Very exciting.

Tyson is the line ball - He will want to play, he had his best games against Port Adelaide last year earning 3 votes in each. We saw the emergence of VandenBerg the midfielder against the dogs (he said in his post game interview "loved getting more midfield minutes") - that is directly associated with Tyson being out of the team. Tyson loves a goal and i reckon they would work really well together, rotating through half forward and midfield together.

It comes down to Riley or Newton making way if Tyson is fit. I dont think they will drop Newton because he is playing is old side and players always get up for that.

Serious selection headache (best supporter feeling ever), because if Tyson comes in.... who plays the sub? Probably Toumpas because it is unfair for Newton against his old side. But then it puts Toumpas on the back foot after his best game. Goodwin persisted with him in the seniors. that was definitely his call and it paid off.

Final comment: Alice Springs always slippery as... therefore definitely no luck for Gawn or Dawes. Additionally, Jack Watts is never much chop when its slippery and they are a very strong running team. Maybe you make Watts the sub so he is fresh when he comes on and can out run others.

Riley the unlucky loser.

It is an afternoon game, not a night one. And other than the very rare occasion it rains, it will not be slippery by day, any time of year at Alice

Viney will probably go through Casey. That sort of injury means minimal running and you'd think he'd be a bit underdone just working on the bike and in the pool. Needs to get a run in the seconds first. Not a serious injury but he wouldn't have been able to run for a month.

pederson should hold his role no matter if dawes is ready. Frost would need a run in the vfl if fit. I think viney should even run in the Vfl also. If he must come in, its for matt jones, although I though Matt and rohan were both pretty lively. Some stuff ups but a lot of hard work. Nev could potentially come straight in.

As said earlier, there is no bloody VFL game this week for Casey - another bye, so Viney will wither come straight in or wait another week. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!