THE SAGA CONTINUES - WADA APPEALS

I worry about the bloke's mental state. He is clearly losing the plot.

Isn't it awesome.

If he is homeless and insane in 5 years I will be a happy man.

(but I won't share my sherry with him)

Yes, I fear the time may well come when we'll feel the need to tone down our posts about the man or we may end up with a guilty conscience. In the meantime, pass the popcorn.

• Like 4

He is protected by a giant ego that is impervious to criticism and incapable of self- reflection.

It will always be " I am right and undeserving of any scrutiny " I feel more for the people around him.

Edited by chook fowler
  • Like 2

"Chubb had denied liability, in a letter dated April 12, 2015, to indemnify Hird for his trial and appeal costs on the grounds that the policy did not afford cover for Hird for pursuing legal proceedings as a claimant; and his legal costs were not reasonably incurred"

A5pV0.gif

I like that the club is insured by Chubb. They took lube all plus, Hird had prapiasm. You couldn't make this up

• Like 1

He's like Icarus tempting fate by flying too close to the sun. All I can suggest is fly higher Hirdy! Keep flapping!

Hard to soar like an eagle when you're a turkey.

Watson to depart Bombers. That's my conclusion from this quote in The Age:

"The debate about Jobe Watson's future is over, with Essendon coach James Hird declaring he is "sure" his captain will play on next season."

Hird begging Winderlich and Fletcher to play on in 2015 has really worked out well for Essendon, too. Great list management!

Thank Christ Roos isn't so sentimental.

He probably thought they would win a fairytale premiership this year. i'll bet thats what he told them anyway.

i think its awesome. Stay as long as you can legend. Nobody else could do the long term damage to the list that you can.

• Like 1

Unless CAS take longer than expected, and on current indications hearings begin in Sydney in November, there is no way he will coach them next year. In fact I am predicting he will be out of the AFL by mid next year. There will be a total rebuild at the Bombers, which will take years. At last the Hird era will be cleansed, and they will start again, and the whole of the AFL will be better off for it.

Then WADA can turn to Athletics!!

Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 1

A salient point is that he was not charged with anything by ASADA. He had no case against his person to defend.

Not yet. Based on offshore examples, coaches follow players in these issues, and he will eventually get life...which he thoroughly deserves!

• Like 2

so wada has appealed dank's not guilty on some charges to cas

and dank has appealed his guilty charges to presumably the afl tribunal

so, two appeals to two different bodies.......how does that work?

if dank's appeal to the afl tribunal is successful then wada could the appeal it to cas

this will no doubt delay the players' charges to cas

this sounds like delaying tactics. by the time it is resolved most of the players* will be retired

what a circus

* except Fletcher of course

I wonder if he would still be the coach if we had not helped him out on the 11th July?

The game that proved to be a 'dead cat's bounce'! Grrrrr!!

There is something weird in the inner workings of that club and James somehow is the one pulling the strings!

Another way of looking at it is ...... we may have forced them to suffer longer ??

Hird can stay at Essendon for the rest of his contract for all I care. They'll never move on from this period until the cancer is removed, and Hird is the cancer.

It's clear now that they're either tanking or Hird has well and truly lost his players.

Not yet. Based on offshore examples, coaches follow players in these issues, and he will eventually get life...which he thoroughly deserves!

The point I was making is that he has not been charged with anything but is claiming insurance for his his leagl actions to quash the show cause notices against the players. He will get his eventually though.

Edited by america de cali

is that like an "he has the full support of the club" statement?

that statement was made before the game on the weekend as well. Having seen Ess from the outside over the last 3 years I'd think Xavier will be looking for a job before Hird. How funny would that be?!

James Hird's insurance company will cover him for costs incurred in defending himself against legal action, but not for costs incurred in actions he has initiated.

The action he lost and the appeal cost a total of about 650 grand, which they refuse to cover.

So he's suing them.

The guy's got his finger superglued to the self-destruct button.

Seriously how can he be focussed on his team winning each weekend with all of the chit going on in the background? Or maybe this is just something for Tania to do to keep herself busy, sue everyone!

• Like 1