Dion Prestia

On 5/21/2016 at 8:43 PM, AdamFarr said:

I reckon O'Meara will find himself at Carlton.

poor bastard

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, AdamFarr said:

Prestia is a better outside player than O'Meara. His pace is better too. 

Not so sure about that. Hasn't happened often, but when O'Meara has been completely fit he looks a phenomenal player. Plenty of class and pace as well as hard at it. Probably not easy to split the two at their best though.

On 24 May 2016 at 9:28 AM, Petraccattack said:

We will get one of them then.  No way are Mahoney, Goodwin, PJ and Roosy going to be trumped by Ninthmond

Who in their right mind would want to go to a club that just announced they'd pretty much purposely farked their own list to appease their simple minded fans?

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Django said:

Who in their right mind would want to go to a club that just announced they'd pretty much purposely farked their own list to appease their simple minded fans?

I think we will get Prestia, no idea what we can trade for him though without a first round pick.

30 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

I think we will get Prestia, no idea what we can trade for him though without a first round pick.

One of the picks Freo give us for Hogan?

*runs away........................................

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Next years first rounder and Grimes.

I thought our deal last year was very generous with GC. Perhaps there was an acknowledgement that Prestia was coming to the Dees. 

40 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Watch Roos, Goody, Taylor and TViney tango with GWS at trade time and work out a deal.

Btw, side track, when does Roos' contract end at the club? Is it after last H&A round or after trade and draft period?

15 hours ago, SaberFang said:

Dion Prestia isn't dumb enough to go Richmond. No good player is dumb enough to go there because they all see their awful list profile.

Until they realise how far off a premiership they are and go for a total rebuild, they will tread water.

It doesn't matter how smart or how dumb you are. If a team is throwing $300k-$400k more than any other team, you can take it.

Prestia has fantastic leadership qualities, is level-headed, and has a smart football brain of the Judd variety. He is worth $500k+ imo and my understanding is the Tigers are offering more than that. 

My mail has him at a 100% chance of leaving GC, and a 70% chance of going to Richmond.

5 minutes ago, praha said:

It doesn't matter how smart or how dumb you are. If a team is throwing $300k-$400k more than any other team, you can take it.

Prestia has fantastic leadership qualities, is level-headed, and has a smart football brain of the Judd variety. He is worth $500k+ imo and my understanding is the Tigers are offering more than that. 

My mail has him at a 100% chance of leaving GC, and a 70% chance of going to Richmond.

One of the great things about where the dees are at now as a club is that even if a player like Prestia is being wooed by a team and is good chance of going to them if we're keen we will always be chance. Take Prestia as an example. Whilst 12 months ago Richmond looked closer to a flag that's not so clear now.

Added to that is the exciting brand of footy we are playing and the fact that is evident to all in footy that there is a real buzz at the club, playlers seem to love (petraac's words) each other, the club is well managed and there is a terrific culture and a terrific culture.

Two words: destination club

• Like 2

Just now, binman said:

One of the great things about where the dees are at now as a club is that even if a player like Prestia is being wooed by a team and is good chance of going to them if we're keen we will always be chance. Take Prestia as an example. Whilst 12 months ago Richmond looked closer to a flag that's not so clear now.

Added to that is the exciting brand of footy we are playing and the fact that is evident to all in footy that there is a real buzz at the club, playlers seem to love (petraac's words) each other, the club is well managed and there is a terrific culture and a terrific culture.

Two words: destination club

you've convinced me binman, now you just need to convince dion we are a destination club 

10 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

you've convinced me binman, now you just need to convince dion we are a destination club 

"Ahem, ohhh... Dion....I believe you had a dream?"

devil-06.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, CBDees said:

Personally I feel that if we can land both him and Hurley, then we can settle down to booking a place to host our Premiership Dinner in 2017. Whatever it takes: end of recruiting and list development phase and start of Premiership campaign and the planning for the next Melbourne Dynasty!

FMD. There's optimistic and then there's delusional.

21 hours ago, CBDees said:

Yes read this morning about the Tigers trying to entice Prestia. Personally I feel that if we can land both him and Hurley, then we can settle down to booking a place to host our Premiership Dinner in 2017. Whatever it takes: end of recruiting and list development phase and start of Premiership campaign and the planning for the next Melbourne Dynasty!

Recruiting and list development never stop.

Meanwhile....talking about Prestia 

Who heads the queue for Dion Prestia's signature?

some snippets.....

"IF DION Prestia decides to leave Gold Coast, it is becoming increasingly clear he will join a Melbourne-based club that can offer him on-field success in the short-term and for the long-term. "

"After six mostly success-starved seasons at Gold Coast, it's believed Prestia would not leave the Suns to join a team that is a few years away from contending.

"As such, he would probably be wary of joining any team he perceived to be near the end of its premiership window. North Melbourne is widely thought to be in this position, while even Hawthorn seems to be finally feeling the effects of Father Time. "

Welcome Dion your locker is over there  >>>>>>

• Like 9

3 hours ago, beelzebub said:

Meanwhile....talking about Prestia 

Who heads the queue for Dion Prestia's signature?

some snippets.....

"IF DION Prestia decides to leave Gold Coast, it is becoming increasingly clear he will join a Melbourne-based club that can offer him on-field success in the short-term and for the long-term. "

"After six mostly success-starved seasons at Gold Coast, it's believed Prestia would not leave the Suns to join a team that is a few years away from contending.

"As such, he would probably be wary of joining any team he perceived to be near the end of its premiership window. North Melbourne is widely thought to be in this position, while even Hawthorn seems to be finally feeling the effects of Father Time. "

Welcome Dion your locker is over there  >>>>>>

Oh, there's no way Prestia is going to Richmond either. That's laughable. He'll be at Melbourne.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Prestia to MFC for 1st round selection 2017 draft and Chris Dawes.  Thoughts? 

Wouldn't think twice. Get it done.

45 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Prestia to MFC for 1st round selection 2017 draft and Chris Dawes.  Thoughts? 

GCS will want a pick and an exchange mid. What's the point of losing one of their prime movers and replacing him with a green horn and an injury prone tall forward?

I think we need to start getting used to the fact that some of our young onballers will be part of a deal to land any A grader, let alone Prestia.

Richmond will fall off a Fremantle sized cliff in a year. No A-graders, no excitement in their list, and no clear development path. Prestia would be a fool to go there for more money, unless he wants to parade in mediocrity for the rest of his career. 

The youth at the Dees is up there with GWS and the Dogs as the best in the comp. Obviously not in quantity (due to GWS' unrivalled concessions) but in quality.

On 25 May 2016 at 10:32 PM, AdamFarr said:

Prestia is a better outside player than O'Meara. His pace is better too. 

Yeah I was gonna say. I would have thought jaeger is better inside, Prestia better outside. Though at their best, before their injuries, both were pretty good at both.

• Like 2

definitely agree that gold coast are going to want a pick and a player in the exchange, as they need to inject some ready made playing ability onto their list.

which of our mids or ball-carriers would you be prepared to offer as a make-weight, either accompanying a 1st rounder in 2017, or second rounder in 2016 or 2017, or both?

nathan jones - no

christian salem - no

petracca - no

viney - no

trengove - does he want a fresh start elsewhere? his value is impossible to measure, and i place him highly in terms of 'team spirit'

brayshaw - no

tyson - no

oliver - no

stretch - no

melksham - no

newton - yes

michie - yes

vince - no

jkh - yes

anb - preferably not, but he must have some value

grimes - free agent, so moot point?

bugg - no

vandenberg - preferably not, but he must have some value

harmes - no

dean terlich - they'd get a laugh out of the offer

matt jones - he might have some value as a make-weight, but i can't see gc17 really wanting him other than adding depth to their squad

so in my opinion we don't have much value that we'd want to ship out of the club,

perhaps something like 1st rounder 2017 plus anb / vandenberg might get the job done. but it's a tough call to make.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2016 at 0:21 AM, DemonAndrew said:

definitely agree that gold coast are going to want a pick and a player in the exchange, as they need to inject some ready made playing ability onto their list.

which of our mids or ball-carriers would you be prepared to offer as a make-weight, either accompanying a 1st rounder in 2017, or second rounder in 2016 or 2017, or both?

nathan jones - no

christian salem - no

petracca - no

viney - no

trengove - does he want a fresh start elsewhere? his value is impossible to measure, and i place him highly in terms of 'team spirit'

brayshaw - no

tyson - no

oliver - no

stretch - no

melksham - no

newton - yes

michie - yes

vince - no

jkh - yes

anb - preferably not, but he must have some value

grimes - free agent, so moot point?

bugg - no

vandenberg - preferably not, but he must have some value

harmes - no

dean terlich - they'd get a laugh out of the offer

matt jones - he might have some value as a make-weight, but i can't see gc17 really wanting him other than adding depth to their squad

so in my opinion we don't have much value that we'd want to ship out of the club,

perhaps something like 1st rounder 2017 plus anb / vandenberg might get the job done. but it's a tough call to make.

I think 2016 second rounder & 2017 first rounder for Prestia and a later pick would be a fair deal.

• Like 1