James Magner at Essendon

dazzledavey36

I thought i read that it was restricted to 2 former players per AFL club. So with magner and clisby i would think no other dees player was available?

Looks as though in typical fashion the AFL is making this up on the fly. Whilst the flavour of AFL footy is undoubtedly an attraction Im sure there are some with more astuteness than to soil their reputations by associating with scoundrels.

I thought i read that it was restricted to 2 former players per AFL club. So with magner and clisby i would think no other dees player was available?

I thought they could only take 2 players per club that they are playing at now. So only 2 Frankston players or 2 Peel players, does that make sense, so they can't take 5 guns from one club and completely ruin their season

• Like 1

I thought they could only take 2 players per club that they are playing at now. So only 2 Frankston players or 2 Peel players, does that make sense, so they can't take 5 guns from one club and completely ruin their season

True. But even that may rankle with some ... Port Melbourne coach Gary Ayres urges Essendon to back off

(Oh, he said BACK off ... :lol:)

To be honest, the five players named so far are no worse than the recruits we took in the Neeld era. Given the talent still available to play at Essendon is better than the best we had then, the side they will have out there will be better than Melbourne circa 2012-13 in terms of personnel. Whether they'll have time to gel (ie, learn the gameplan...apprently every team has one) and whether the ring-ins have maintained a suitable level of fitness will be a negative, though.

zaharakis and one other ess player (can't remember who) have already publicly stated they weren't in the injection program

so i can't see any privacy issues as to why they can't play in the nab cup

it's a bs reason anyway that the 8(?) players can't play because the identity of those suspended can be deduced

all essendon need say is that those not playing are made up of suspended players and some injured or rested players, therefore no individuals could be identified

just more of the victim and the bad bully boy afl propaganda

• Like 3

zaharakis and one other ess player (can't remember who) have already publicly stated they weren't in the injection program

so i can't see any privacy issues as to why they can't play in the nab cup

it's a bs reason anyway that the 8(?) players can't play because the identity of those suspended can be deduced

all essendon need say is that those not playing are made up of suspended players and some injured or rested players, therefore no individuals could be identified

just more of the victim and the bad bully boy afl propaganda

Im very much surprised ( and yet not ) that the AFL let Essendon dictate terms here. There are a number of players for whom there is NO reason not to play. They are contracted to the league to do so.

They are in fact striking and illegally so effetively. Id be ordering them back to work....or......

• Like 1

SA clubs raided by Essendon, not even contacted.

Essendon continue with arrogant disregard for everyone other than themselves

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-02-18/bomber-raids-an-invasion

I hope these sh1ts rot in hell.

• Like 2

Im very much surprised ( and yet not ) that the AFL let Essendon dictate terms here. There are a number of players for whom there is NO reason not to play. They are contracted to the league to do so.

They are in fact striking and illegally so effetively. Id be ordering them back to work....or......

It's for the first 2 practice games. Let them strike if they want to. When it gets to our NAB challenge game and the regular season is about to start then I think the players will need to out themselves as not taking part so that they can get on with preparing for the season.

The first 2 games will actually have more interest now as I get to watch Clisby, Magner and several others hopefully getting smashed by the Saints and Giants. Sounds fun.

Id love to see someone ( media )throw the contra perspective and barbs at those standing out as being obviously amongst those given notice. !!

They really are living in cockoo-land over at Essendon. So the drug cheats in the team have pressured the 9 innocent players from 2012 into the 'drug cheat' basket, just to preserve their anonymity? Are they going to do that for the entire duration of the 2 year bans as well, to protect the athletes that were too dumb to take common sense precautions about a clearly dodgy drugs program?

Just staggering what is happening at that club. Where on earth is the AFLPA in all this? Continuing to paint the AFL as the bad guys, no doubt?

• Like 3

They really are living in cockoo-land over at Essendon. So the drug cheats in the team have pressured the 9 innocent players from 2012 into the 'drug cheat' basket, just to preserve their anonymity? Are they going to do that for the entire duration of the 2 year bans as well, to protect the athletes that were too dumb to take common sense precautions about a clearly dodgy drugs program?

Just staggering what is happening at that club. Where on earth is the AFLPA in all this? Continuing to paint the AFL as the bad guys, no doubt?

I don't understand what this "provisionally suspended" joke is about, considering the fact that the Essendon list are still training (and coached again by Hird)? When Saade was suspended from the Saints for two years, he was not even allowed to train until just before his suspension expired (and then it was with their VFL associate)! Why should not Essendon be any different and not have their suspension commence from the date that they are found guilty?

Also why should we have to play their topped up VFL team and not be able to play Casey, along with our rookies and players outside our top 22? The players that Essendon is getting in to top up are being trained by their VFL coaching structure rather than Hird and we should be entitled to give our Casey boys a good hit-out against them! If it looks like a VFL side, smells like a VFL side and plays like a VFL side then it is a VFL side and that's who we should pit against them!

I don't understand what this "provisionally suspended" joke is about, considering the fact that the Essendon list are still training (and coached again by Hird)? When Saade was suspended from the Saints for two years, he was not even allowed to train until just before his suspension expired (and then it was with their VFL associate)! Why should not Essendon be any different and not have their suspension commence from the date that they are found guilty?

Also why should we have to play their topped up VFL team and not be able to play Casey, along with our rookies and players outside our top 22? The players that Essendon is getting in to top up are being trained by their VFL coaching structure rather than Hird and we should be entitled to give our Casey boys a good hit-out against them! If it looks like a VFL side, smells like a VFL side and plays like a VFL side then it is a VFL side and that's who we should pit against them!

Certainly agree that we should also be able to select any players from our whole complement to match up against the opposition.

I guess we could be accused of tanking to take the focus off the Essendon list management, but the issue should be raised.

I totally disagree with players not served with provisional notices not playing. The issue of privacy is irrelevant.

• Like 1

I think you will find it was the AFLPA that was pushing this agenda 'bb', Essendon were along for the ride though for whatever reason.

I would have thought it in Essendons interest to have their available players getting some match fitness and playing with their new teammates.