Alex Georgiou delisted/ Nev Jetta upgraded

Alex was 'playing his role' until that Adelaide guy who head butted Viney, then head butted him and knocked him out.

Unlucky for him that Garland was ready for return just when he was concussed.

I would have thought that he may fill one of Roos' 'role player' situations, but I trust Roos to make the calls and presumably he didn't see a role for him going forward.

Thanks Alex for giving it a red hot go : pity some of your far more talented teammates over the years haven't put in like you have.

• Like 1

Hope the lad finds a home back in SA... Possibly the Redlegs will have him back. Bit of AFL experience wouldnt hurt his cause :)

He made a sacrifice to take his chance, and he won't die wondering.

But I do think the term "list-clogger" should go on the (censored) list.

"List clogger and spud" the language of the disrespectful keyboard warriors.

• Like 8

"List clogger and spud" the language of the disrespectful keyboard warriors.

So true: the guy put in his best throughout, didn't make it like many at all clubs before him. Should be respected for his courage and efforts.

Played far more AFL games than (?almost) all who post here.

Edited by monoccular

Thought he was okay in the few games I saw him play but at 187cm not a key defender. Only frees up a rookie spot though, more main delistings to come

• Like 1

Thought he was okay in the few games I saw him play but at 187cm not a key defender. Only frees up a rookie spot though, more main delistings to come

Another South Australian comes to mind

Thanks Alex for your efforts at MFC. Far from the worst at Melbourne in 2014. He will be welcomed back with open arms at Norwood. Very good SANFL defender. Our captain, Kieran Mc Guiness (ex-Bulldogs), retired after two premierships. So there is a spot in the backline for a "cool head".

From the NFC website

GEORGIOU TO RETURN TO THE PARADE
23/10/2014 2:26:42 PM

In some exiting news for the Redlegs, former Norwood Football club vice-captain and state team representative Alex Georgiou has today agreed to terms on a two year deal pending another offer of an AFL contract in the National or pre-season drafts.

Alex made the following statement today. “I really look forward to returning home to Norwood if I am not given the opportunity at another AFL club. I have missed the NFC environment both on & off the ground and I am keen to play my role whilst we strive for further success”.

The club is fortunate to have a dual premiership player coming back into the club and looks forward to everything Alex brings to the table.

• Like 6

Stranger that we rookied him in the first place in my view.

I never understood why we picked him up. A mature-age KPP who stands at around 187cm who's only attribute is his one-on-one contesting ability. He literally offered nothing else.

Even if he was picked up for 'depth', why not go with a younger KPP who at least has a similar height to AFL KP forwards but who also shows other attributes and perhaps more room for improvement in his overall game.

It's such an MFC pickup.

Can't understand it.

• Like 2

I never understood why we picked him up. A mature-age KPP who stands at around 187cm who's only attribute is his one-on-one contesting ability. He literally offered nothing else.

Even if he was picked up for 'depth', why not go with a younger KPP who at least has a similar height to AFL KP forwards but who also shows other attributes and perhaps more room for improvement in his overall game.

It's such an MFC pickup.

Can't understand it.

I was surprised at the time as well. But then again we only had Frawley, McDonald, Dunn and Garland as taller defenders and the footy department probably knew Frawley was looking unlikely as a long term proposition. Dunn was far from a sure thing either. Howe was a forward. Pedersen was nothing more than a VFL player no matter what end he played at. Garland had just had ankle surgery (or was struggling with the injury).

I guess they thought a late rookie pick on a competitive type of player to have around for a year was better than having a kid who was never going to play or blocking up the midfield (at AFL or VFL level).

Sully from Geelong VFL is the one mentioned as one of the best key defenders in state leagues who might actually have AFL ability as was available in the 3rd round of last years rookie draft (presuming he was nominated and happy to be drafted). I'll look out for mature key defenders in this draft and hope we didn't fail to take one. But overall we at least got something from Georgiou which puts him ahead of most 3rd round rookie picks in weak drafts.

• Like 1

It's such an MFC pickup.

Can't understand it.

I agree I questioned this selection when the likes of Matt Sully was still available.

In all honesty we were better off rookie listing James Sellar who showed promise at times down back.

I think we need Rangey to set up a poll of the expressions that need to be banned - the top three making the ban list and earning any poster who uses them an "elite" holiday from DL.

That would cut down the number of posts about Watts by about half.

I would have thought that he may fill one of Roos' 'role player' situations, but I trust Roos to make the calls and presumably he didn't see a role for him going forward.

Thanks Alex for giving it a red hot go : pity some of your far more talented teammates over the years haven't put in like you have.

Ditto. Honest trier. Stuck to his task in the games I saw at Casey and usually negated opponent forwards bigger than himself. Disposal was the big weakness but I always liked his determination.

Fair enough to both .

Georgiou has played 7 more AFL games than me.

Given that I'm an absolute Jet, that's a fair effort.

• Like 9

Must say about Georgy that his fake tweets were first class.

I don't have a problem with any of the changes made to date but I have a feeling we haven't managed our list all that well.

At the moment, we have the following players coming onto the primary list:-

Jeff Garlett

Sam Frost

Neville Jetta

Heritier Lumumba

Billy Stretch

We have the following coming off the primary list:-

Sam Blease

Shannon Byrnes

Mitch Clark

Mitch Clisby

James Frawley

Dan Nicholson

James Strauss

This leaves the two places available for picks 2 and 3 so we need to delist two more to bring picks 40 and 53 into play.

Luke Tapscott is coming out of contract and is one likely delisting but there's at least one more player we have to delist if we want to use pick 53 or take a delisted free agent and we've run out of uncontracted players.

Did we contract some of players too early and who do we have to delist and then rookie? Do we delist a contracted player or two in order to free room to use those picks?

The likely contenders for delisting/rookieing seem to me to be either Michasl Evans or Jack T. If we do it with both then we have no room to pick up any new young rookies.

I'm not sure that we originally planned things this way.

I agree I questioned this selection when the likes of Matt Sully was still available.

In all honesty we were better off rookie listing James Sellar who showed promise at times down back.

Not a fan of Sully 'dazzle'... a VFL footballer.

• Like 1