Jack Trengove re-injures his navicular (2014) - trade deal off

Wiseblood

Not only is JT fighting for his career, he will be doing it at a club that openly tried to trade him.

He won't be a FA next year as it stands but I think the relationship between club and player has been changed irrevocably now.

I am not one to get overly despondent but even if he recovers, I don't think we will see the following renaissance.

That';s not right. We were approached by Richmond and he was spoken to about it. Very different to trying to offload him....

From Trade Radio-

Bz3pgviCEAEeEGA.jpg

well said Trenners

Just read it myself and it really goes to the quality of the kid. To have the Trengove of his 2nd AFL would be marvelous. Im not putting money on ya son, sorry, but truly hope you can overcome your setback and prove many of us wrong.....Id gladly be wrong.

All the best, however it goes.

• Like 6

That';s not right. We were approached by Richmond and he was spoken to about it. Very different to trying to offload him....

Surely it's semantics to the individual involved?

The conversation he had with the Tigers is the concern, not who instigated it.

That matters to us, but to him - we were willing to part with him and that is a fact he will have to get over, embrace, or be burnt by.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 1

Clearly the foot is an issue, but it also says something for the wisdom of shopping around people with the qualities of Jack Trengove - they just don't grow on trees and this club can't afford to lose anyone so highly regarded.

Players come back in all sports, sometimes Mayweather has the year off - comes back and dominates.

Sugar Ray Leonard had a LONG stint off. Ali, Tyson.

Jordan had time out of basketball, came back and dominated.

Trengove can come back and be a better player, he is only young.

I back you in Jack.

• Like 4

I'm sure the club will do its duty in providing JT the best medical outcome, and whilst I don't want to pre-empt further diagnostics, the club would be crazy to keep him on the list, rookie or otherwise. It's become unlikely his foot will recover to AFL standard now, and if it does, it's a very very long and uncertain road back. A horrible situation, but the way footy is, there's no room for keeping players on as an act of pure good will with no value to be gained on game day.

[censored]. Would much rather have him on the list than some late round spud.

Seems pretty clear what is going on. We realise Trengove's foot is done and we try to sell him to Richmond while he still has value. ..........................................

Not clear to me at all. The Roos /Jackson administration has far too much integrity for that.

Playing Trenners week after week in 2013 was never the right thing to do.

Sums up the previous regime really.

Trengove will be very very lucky to play again

Is that your expert medical opinion is it WYL?

Don't bother answering. Rhetorical question.

• Like 5

I hope you weren't one of the one's talking about loyalty and all. Keep him on the list and give him the best chance at a career. He's more than earned that.

I'm sure the club will do its duty in providing JT the best medical outcome, and whilst I don't want to pre-empt further diagnostics, the club would be crazy to keep him on the list, rookie or otherwise. It's become unlikely his foot will recover to AFL standard now, and if it does, it's a very very long and uncertain road back. A horrible situation, but the way footy is, there's no room for keeping players on as an act of pure good will with no value to be gained on game day.

I think if the opinion from the medics is he can come back from this then we do what it takes and keep him on the list. So I don't agree with you on this 'Webber', I do value your expert opinion though on this and other injury issues.

If it's not a good prognosis then I'm sure 'Jack' will retire, it's the kind of kid he is.

The positive thing emerging out of this, if there is one, is that it has obviously caused a rethink on trades. I, for one, would be wrapped to see us draft Brayshaw and Petracca (or McCartin or Wright) and watch Roos, Goodwin and Stone turn them into the first generation (for some time) of elite Melbourne players and the basis of our next Premiership ( which hopefully Jones, Tyson and Trngove are also part of)!

• Like 1

The positive thing emerging out of this, if there is one, is that it has obviously caused a rethink on trades. I, for one, would be wrapped to see us draft Brayshaw and Petracca (or McCartin or Wright) and watch Roos, Goodwin and Stone turn them into the first generation (for some time) of elite Melbourne players and the basis of our next Premiership ( which hopefully Jones, Tyson and Trngove are also part of)!

If there's indeed an irony about all of this is that the almost worst case scenario results in us taking two kids who hopefully tear it up for us !! damn :o

some us still prefer a ready made or two however...Still 2 days to go eh :roos:

If it's not a good prognosis then I'm sure 'Jack' will retire, it's the kind of kid he is.

Going way off topic now rjay, but while I've always understood you putting people's Demonland monikers in quotes, Jack's actual name is Jack, it could probably do without the quote marks.

• Like 2

Going way off topic now rjay, but while I've always understood you putting people's Demonland monikers in quotes, Jack's actual name is Jack, it could probably do without the quote marks.

Habit 'Nasher', did without thinking....good point.

• Like 1

Webber just curious as from memory you work in the physio or sports science field, what was the foot injury which derailed James Hird's 1998 & 99 seasons and how does it compare to Trenners?

Webber just curious as from memory you work in the physio or sports science field, what was the foot injury which derailed James Hird's 1998 & 99 seasons and how does it compare to Trenners?

Shane Charter could help. He had the good stuff for Hird.

Just a thought, what if he failed the test intentionally? He wants to remain a Dee and finish the job.

I am not having a go at Trenners, but he could have over played a niggle to his foot.

Just a thought, what if he failed the test intentionally? He wants to remain a Dee and finish the job.

I am not having a go at Trenners, but he could have over played a niggle to his foot.

So he faked an MRI?

Should be a KGB spy if so.

• Like 4

If he didn't want to go all he had to say is - I don't want to go. In the AFL there is full trade protection inherent to contracts for some reason.

So he faked an MRI?

Should be a KGB spy if so.

If he didn't want to go all he had to say is - I don't want to go. In the AFL there is full trade protection inherent to contracts for some reason.

Ok just wishful thinking, call me deluded, maybe I should barrack for Essendon.