What would you pay

Curry & Beer

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

for Dangerfield - or some other genuine quality 'marquee' player that we could possibly be looking at?

Just wondering where everyone's heads are at on this

Only 1 high pick, the thought of giving 2 top 10 picks for any player is absurd and would set the club back further.

• Like 10

Only 1 high pick, the thought of giving 2 top 10 picks for any player is absurd and would set the club back further.

Its a bit of a catch isn't it.

Now look at it from adelaides point of view.

Why would they give up a proven star for a potential star.

So thats why its necessary to give multiple picks.

Picks 2 and 21 or whatever it mitt be won't cut it for danger.

If the club is keen on landing him, they would probably arrange a swap around of picks with other clubs to offer adel;aide something quite reasonable other than 2 and 3, could be 3 and a top 10 or 15 pick.

because realistically theres not that much difference between pick 3 and pick 10.

Who knows, they might not be all that keen on danger.

I didn't think it was in roos's style to target big fish like that. I thought he would be going for smaller names, like bang for buck, sam kerridge or a crouch would be a good pick up.

Ive said it before, north have got some quality mids that hadvnt made massive names for themselves yet, cunnington, zeiball, although given the seasons success i doubt they wil be keen to go anywhere.

There are so many quality mids out there that would be better bang for buck than dangerfield, and we would also be able to avoid all of the baggage that comes with over paying a new player.

However, in roos I trust - Im sure he knows what he is doing, so who ever he brings to the club - I will embrace.

• Like 1

Pick 2 and Toumpas seems fair, the biggest challenge is going to be convincing Danger he wants to come, if he tells the crows that alarm bells will go off and Pick 2 would suddenly look a lot better than their potential compo

Pick 2 and Toumpas seems more than a fair trade to me, leaving pick 3 to grab Brayshaw or look to secure a different deal.

• Like 1

From Adelaide's perspective, Pick 2 and then something else would be fair and reasonable, though I don't think they'd be so greedy as to expect 2 & 3 together.

But for us, I don't think it would be appropriate to pay more than just pick 2.

Personally, I don't see it happening.

Pick 2 or Frawley compo (should be pick 3) + Toumpas/Trengove for Dangerfield + 2nd or 3rd round pick would be fair IMO.

I like the deal mooted in the thread. 2+3+Toumpas (or our second rounder) for Dangerfield+9. Three unknowns for a known and an unknown.

I can't find a deal that works that doesn't involve them giving us a pick back. Pick 2 on its own seems too little, 2+3 seems too much.

I'm sceptical about the whole Dangerfield thing but if Frawley's departure and Clark's contract termination leave us with heaps of salary cap room and we get pick 3 for Frawley and a top 10 pick as "draft assistance" we would be well placed to make an offer that can't be refused to both player and club and still leave ourselves with one of pick 2 or 3 as well. Easier said than done although it shows how important that application for draft assistance might prove to be.

• Like 1

Posted this in another thread aswell, my thoughts on a trade.

Don't think we are going to get Danger, but if I was in charge I would go with something like this:

Pick 2 and 3 plus Toump for Danger, pick 10 and 3rd rounder

We could then trade pick 10 plus Watts to Sydney for Mitchell and their 1st or 2nd rounder.

Ahh I can only dream !!

Anyone who thinks we'll get Dangerfield for pick #2 only are deluded.

He's a star in his prime. Pick 2+3 combined probably have less than a 20% chance of ever becoming as good as Dangerfield.

I don't want him if we have to give up 2 top 10 picks, massive overs.

• Like 2

Anyone who thinks we'll get Dangerfield for pick #2 only are deluded.

He's a star in his prime. Pick 2+3 combined probably have less than a 20% chance of ever becoming as good as Dangerfield.

Judd went for pick 3 and Kennedy (former top 3 pick). Granted he was a once in a generation type player but that's the kind of currency these guys command. The only thing that may bring it down is the prospect of losing a player to FA the year after.

I don't want him if we have to give up 2 top 10 picks, massive overs.

I tend to agree, rjay. What we really need to get out of this off season is two or three midfielders. I'd be leaning towards the likes of Shiel, Mitchell and say Prestia (if the latter wasn't contracted). But those types. Give up both top picks (2 and probably 3) and any other draft compensation picks we get if Clark leaves.

• Like 1

for Dangerfield - or some other genuine quality 'marquee' player that we could possibly be looking at?

Just wondering where everyone's heads are at on this

I agree rjay, one top pick (P-2, or P-3) plus a player I'm fine with, but not both of our potential top picks, for just one pair of knees.

I'd be OK with P-3 & lets say a 'Garland',,, for a Danger, or a Tex Walker.... & a Fist-Full of Dollar$.

I tend to agree, rjay. What we really need to get out of this off season is two or three midfielders. I'd be leaning towards the likes of Shiel, Mitchell and say Prestia (if the latter wasn't contracted). But those types. Give up both top picks (2 and probably 3) and any other draft compensation picks we get if Clark leaves.

Mitchell worries me as he hasn't done anything to show how good he is? well, that i've seen anyway. I take it you mean mitchell of sydney? why are people talking of him interms of a 1st Rndr

Pick 2 or Frawley compo (should be pick 3) + Toumpas/Trengove for Dangerfield + 2nd or 3rd round pick would be fair IMO.

I think I'd rather Tex Walker than Danger. I was on the Danger bandwagon, but truth be told, I'd prefer Walker to help Hogan up front.. Pick 3, + either Toump or Garland, for big Texas Walker.

leaves us with the other top pick to trade for multiple players....

p-2 to GWS or GCSuns...

GWS: P-2 & Howe, or another player, to GWS for Shiel, Jaksch, & Frost.

GCSuns: P-2 + 4th Rnd pick, to GCSuns for Picks P-8 & P-16 & Gorringe.

MFC : Dangerfield Crows pick 9 and Crows pick 46

Crows: MFC pick 2, MFC pick 3 & MFC pick 22.

We get Dangerfield, pick 9 Jordan De Goey, pick 46 Billy Evans.

Three big strong mids added for clearances, tackling and no backward steps.

(no skinny kids)

22 might go on Stretch. We might, just might get start of 2nd round priority pick which could work for this.