• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

If my source is on the money, it is a pity it didn't make the papers...Stealing another mans Girl is Not On....Any decent man knows it...Once it happens all trust is burnt.

feel free to send me a private message of which blokes girl he allegedly shagged

• Like 1

not sure this is the best time to break this story, it could really hurt our trade negotiations for Mitch.

If true, it's likely that it was this event that triggered his depression, and that he's injuries he had were just coincidental.

You can imagine the playing group shunning him, giving him a cold shoulder. There couldn't be anything more depressing when you're playing footy.

• Like 1

not sure this is the best time to break this story, it could really hurt our trade negotiations for Mitch.

If true, it's likely that it was this event that triggered his depression, and that he's injuries he had were just coincidental.

You can imagine the playing group shunning him, giving him a cold shoulder. There couldn't be anything more depressing when you're playing footy.

Enough, please. If this had all happened, I doubt he and Sam would have been catching up with the captain of the footy club and his wife only two weeks ago.

Rumours are becoming on malicious now, as people continue to clutch at straws.

Edit: The picture of Mitch and Sam was on Jerri Jones' instagram

Edited by Guest

If that were the case he wouldn'tt have shown up at training that time and stayed pro MFC for as long as he did. Also why would we keep supporting him until his "depression" left him if that was just a smokescreen and he was essentially sacked anyway?

Seems a bit far fetched.

About the only piece of information we can be sure of in the above is that the club wants him out - and if that's the case, given the kind of player he is/was, we'd have to presume that whatever's behind it is fairly serious.

I seriously doubt Nathan Jones would still hang around with him and have him at his house if that rumour was true.

Your captain entertaining the guy that slipped one in your missus is not a good look.

Unless it was Jonsey's missus and he was into it. But this scenario is more in BBO's area of expertise so I'll leave it there.

• Like 7

Enough, please. If this had all happened, I doubt he and Sam would have been catching up with the captain of the footy club and his wife only two weeks ago.

Rumours are becoming on malicious now, as people continue to clutch at straws.

Edit: The picture of Mitch and Sam was on Jerri Jones' instagram

Agree, it was only 2 weeks ago people were suggesting the real reason for his retirement was the "3 strikes".

Now it's he's been banging some other players misses. Lets just leave it be.

• Like 2

If that were the case he wouldn'tt have shown up at training that time and stayed pro MFC for as long as he did. Also why would we keep supporting him until his "depression" left him if that was just a smokescreen and he was essentially sacked anyway?

Seems a bit far fetched.

He is still on our list so we can get trade value out of him...

I had heard a story that he didn't pull a Carey, but in fact did have an indiscretion that meant his wife left him for a period of time. It could explain the emotional state but I still don't see how the footy club is to blame..

I think Mitch came to Melbourne thinking money would bring him happiness, however he's decided he's not happy now and he's shirking the responsibility of his contract with the club. I get that the injuries have bought him down, but he knew how much the number 11 meant to this club, in fact Jim presented it to him if I remember.. If I was ever given that or a similar honour I could never leave that club and more importantly let the heritage of that jumper down.

He's a real coward and frankly the way he's shopping himself around now saying for the last 3 days he's ready to pick his club, I'm just wanting to see the back of him now and hoping the door gets him on the way out.

Edited by Arrow
  • Like 3

As for Mitch Clark, much has been said on here, following his 'retirement', of the need to be sensitive and empathetic to mental illness and that surely goes without saying. However, those with any knowledge of the concern, benevolence and assistance given to Mitch would know that much effort was put into Mitch, by the MFC, to help him through his "retirement" and beyond. Previously, assistance was also provided to his partner, by the MFC, so that she could continue her medical studies in Melbourne. Reports today indicate that the Geelong Footy Club provided a guided tour of Deakin's Geelong campus, so that she may be able to continue her studies there.

Of course, it should be welcomed that Mitch feels well enough to resume his AFL career, but if loyalty counts for anything these days, one hopes that Mitch may give more than a passing thought to the payment given to him by the MFC and the subsequent assistance he received during his convalescence. So do I mean that because the MFC gave him so much, he owes the footy club something. No, I don't. But maybe, just maybe, he might give a passing thought to those battle weary Demons supporters who invested so much hope in him and many of the same supporters wished him well in his recovery.

Sadly, I guess that for us supporters, we just have to suck it up and realise that's just the way of professional footy these days.

Tha assumes his depression was a real medical condition and not just an excuse to cop out

I think that people on here are too quick to jump on the sympathy bandwagon perhaps a little more guarded response But hey this is the MFC we do that dont we? So fair and evenhanded and understanding and we cop shite for it. Just so typical of this club getting done over once again by a another player who doesnt care about the club

Edited by jackaub

We don't need his drug taking , womanising, red and blue disgracing crap anymore.

It would be depressing to watch him be successful next year.

But he is so much hard work they can have him.

Best of luck Mitch,

You are a top bloke with unquestionable integrity

and will fit right in at the filth.

I now know why Lethal disliked him.

• Like 3

I, along with many here felt that the whole " depression" was a bit of a cop out. However I have a very reliable source from Brisbane who informed me that his depression is quite real and that he did suffer from it at his time at the Lions, however it did manifest and get worse at MFC. He hit a real low last year , and it was that bad that some of his Lion's ex team mates were very concerned about his welfare. He also agreed that they believe he should be made to honour his contract and remain at Melbourne. I personally do not have an issue of MC visiting other clubs IF this means that the MFC compensation is just.

• Like 1

I, along with many here felt that the whole " depression" was a bit of a cop out. However I have a very reliable source from Brisbane who informed me that his depression is quite real and that he did suffer from it at his time at the Lions, however it did manifest and get worse at MFC. He hit a real low last year , and it was that bad that some of his Lion's ex team mates were very concerned about his welfare. He also agreed that they believe he should be made to honour his contract and remain at Melbourne. I personally do not have an issue of MC visiting other clubs IF this means that the MFC compensation is just.

i have little to no confidence in your last sentence