GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

It will make me feel a whole lot better about this situation if the reason he's looking elsewhere is because the MFC have determined it too risky to give him another go. If this was the case, the club would be foolish to state anything referencing that.

• Like 1

Heritier Lumumba set to leave Collingwood, while Melbourne forward Mitch Clark eyes Magpies

Article says Clark is close to naming Collingwood as his preferred destination while a straight swap for Lumumba is unlikely.

First of all I don't care what anyone says on this comment. Mitch Clark you are an absolute snake and a Fwit of the highest order.

We looked after you when you got injured and became depressed. You have not once repaid the faith and effort this football club has put into you. You want to jump ship to another club for success because the going gets tough for you?! pfft weak act!

You will be lucky to get on the field.

Karma will bite you right in the ass.

What exactly is the risk with Clark that article refers to? If it's his feet/tissue injuries surely that can be looked at via a medical. If they're referring to his mental issues give me a break! It was never the case that he couldn't play because of depression, it was because his body kept breaking down.

There's been a lot of history being rewritten regarding all this and it is clear it is being done to talk down Clark's trade value. Clark is going to go down as clearly my most despised player of all time once this is done and dusted, only Scully comes close but Clark has acted like nothing more than an unethical scumbag through this whole saga.

• Like 5

Pretty sure this will all be factored into the PP submission. They were probably 50/50 on awarding an end of first rounder before this all happened. If we're screwed out of our "best player" (as Roos has expertly reiterated in the media to plant the seeds), it'll probably get the proposal over the line.

Wishful thinking maybe but we're being absolutely screwed here.

The problem is no clubs have had the brass ones to select a player who has gone into the preseason for some time. Ie Ball went pick 30 ffs.

That wasn't the PSD though Ball was in the National Draft. We should tell him if he goes into the PSD we'll take him if Saints don't. He may decide to go to the National Draft but at least then the Pies would have to use their 1st or 2nd round pick (the other going on Darcy Moore).

• Like 1

That wasn't the PSD though Ball was in the National Draft. We should tell him if he goes into the PSD we'll take him if Saints don't. He may decide to go to the National Draft but at least then the Pies would have to use their 1st or 2nd round pick (the other going on Darcy Moore).

I think that's what we should do if we don't get what we want.

Essendon were in the finals. he is getting choosy.

Just what has Eddy McGoo been up to this past 11 months. Has he been fiddling in our nest? It was obvious last September that Cloke choked without support up forward.

Send him to the PSD. Then bid Pick 3 for Darcey Moore. See how Edward likes that. Time to stop bending over MFC

• Like 5

It's time for the AFL to step in and say, Melbourne have been royally shafted here, if Mitch is not traded for a satisfactory deal MFC will be rewarded an end of first round compensation pick.

Or Collingwood's first round pick. ;)

• Like 1

It will make me feel a whole lot better about this situation if the reason he's looking elsewhere is because the MFC have determined it too risky to give him another go. If this was the case, the club would be foolish to state anything referencing that.

or that we have to rebuild with new leaders & younger players with fresh ways that haven't collectively been exposed to the our old culture over the last 5 years or more.

Only Jones, Trengove, Grimes & Garland, & a handful of others, funnily enough Dunn, plus those who have been recruited over roughly the last 3 years, I would keep.

We have so many who have allowed themselves to be wayward in their footy minds.

There are some signs of maturity on the list,despite the down years of Watts and Chip.

Jetta,Bail,Dunn,Howe<jones<Gawn<Tmac and Skip are examples our development is not all bad,

• Like 1

I think that's what we should do if we don't get what we want.

agreed

Send him to the PSD. Then bid Pick 3 for Darcey Moore. See how Edward likes that. Time to stop bending over MFC

Pretty sure this will all be factored into the PP submission. They were probably 50/50 on awarding an end of first rounder before this all happened. If we're screwed out of our "best player" (as Roos has expertly reiterated in the media to plant the seeds), it'll probably get the proposal over the line.

Wishful thinking maybe but we're being absolutely screwed here.

Clark's worth more than an end of Rnd 1 pick... at the least it should be a mid 1st Rndr. especially if Mr E D McGoo has been White Anting us since they lost last September.

why is he the blue wiggle?

It's time for the AFL to step in and say, Melbourne have been royally shafted here, if Mitch is not traded for a satisfactory deal MFC will be rewarded an end of first round compensation pick.

This whole episode stinks.... basically a player commits to a club to a lucrative contract.....gets sick & forced to retire & our club negotiates a payout in the interest of the players health after only playing 15 games, then 6 mths later decides he wants to come back & play again but not for the MFC.... Excuse me but WTF has MFC done wrong & its appears we are getting shafted!

Edited by Hogan2014
  • Like 2

My housemate brought up the issue of 'if the doctor says it's bad to be at Melbourne, how can you stop him...i.e. a Employee could leave for a different job."

Assuming this is serious advice, I believe we are obliged to allow MC to play at another club.

However, Melbourne operate in a closed market governed by collectively bargained rules, and have a duty to the members to do their upmost to compete against 17 other clubs.

I think it's totally reasonable that if MC cannot play for the dees next year that he be allowed to (on health grounds) play for any of the thousands of footy clubs around the country, just not one of 17 other AFL clubs.

When an amateur player wants to move clubs having played the previous season, he requires clearance from first club. Almost never an issue, but that card is still on the table. MC is contracted and the dees have a lot at stake.

*I'm no lawyer, but this doesn't seem to be 'restraint of trade', he is of course perfectly able to ply his trade.

It would have to be a doctor who isn't on Clark's payroll, and that may pose problems considering most professionals would recognise how disastrous it would be for half the AFL's fanbase to hate his guts. Especially if he goes to Collingwood.

Ah yes it ND for Ball. Unless Pies accommodate us let him walk and then get into clubs ears about how good he can be and what a great fit he'd be... Mainly Carlton...

I know this is a rare situation but in the future if we ever face a situation like this a non-compete clause is something we should place in the contract.

Why isnt in there now?

• Like 1

I'm absolutely filthy on clark.. He COULD be the absolute scum of the earth (worse than scully) BUT I have this feeling we don't want him. I honestly believe that behind the scenes roos & co are more hell bent on the fact we could use this to our advantage in the PP plea. Maybe mitch and the club have agreed to part ways and both get what they want. I wouldn't be suprised if we delist him and he walks to collingwood as a free agent. A few weeks back when mark Evans said the PP was not based on on-field performance rather "tradgeic" circumstance, he may well have been planting the seed for this situation. I highly doubt roos/Jackson would be letting clark walk out the door ... If not than mitch is an absolute dog and I wish nothing but the worst for him because it looks like he's played us quiet the fools

• Like 2

Also if Clark declares his intentions before the commission sits down to discuss the PP on monday than I'd be even more confident that what I said above is the case.

Edited by JV7

I have no doubt that Clarks behaviour has been dishonourable and duplicitous and as such he would not be cooperating with us in any way.

However Jackson and Roos are master strategists and will see his defection as an opportunity. Reading between the lines I think they view Clark as too big a risk and as such were only willing to give him a very basic contract.

We will do well out of this situation but that doesn't stop me from having nothing but contempt for the way Clark as treated us.

• Like 7

I have no doubt that Clarks behaviour has been dishonourable and duplicitous and as such he would not be cooperating with us in any way.

However Jackson and Roos are master strategists and will see his defection as an opportunity. Reading between the lines I think they view Clark as too big a risk and as such were only willing to give him a very basic contract.

We will do well out of this situation but that doesn't stop me from having nothing but contempt for the way Clark as treated us.

My love and hate knows no bounds for this man.

As someone else posted......too murky now. Get the club the best deal, Roosy.

• Like 3

If the Pies are the only club he wants to go to, then you can be pretty sure they have been into him for some time.

Their behaviour is reprehensible if that is the case.

No wonder Eddie is remaining totally silent on the issue.

• Like 9