GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

Has closed his twitter account.

obviously to weak to face a lot of angry supporters.

I couldn't find any evidence that this actually happened.

Whoops PPerhaps a retractment of statement is in order.

I just hope one day somebody can tell us exactly wtf has gone down here.

I wanna know if Mitch really is being a selfish [censored] and screwing us, or whether Roos just isn't interested. And if he isn't interested, why?

I just want answers dammit. Real answers. Help me!

I'm almost entirely convinced that Mitch has done the wrong thing by the club, being well assisted by his DH manager. I assume this given the criticism from the likes of Malthouse, Wallace, Ox and whoever else being completely in MFC's corner. If there was any doubt by these people, given the positions they hold within the AFL, I would think they'd be keeping their powder reasonably dry.

• Like 1

I wanna know if Mitch really is being a selfish [censored] and screwing us, or whether Roos just isn't interested. And if he isn't interested, why?

Mitch is a selfish [censored], that what it boils down to. I dont want it to be true, none of us do. However thats the new world of AFL they tell us to accept.

As far as I can tell from the rumour, innuendo and "sources" being fed to us thus far it goes something like this:

• Mitch was working out with Melbourne staff to get himself back in shape with the intention of returning to our list
  • After the season formalities were discussed and a modest offer presented to Mitch's camp
  • Mitch and Manager were dismayed at the less than impressive offer on the table and decided to fish around for more at other clubs
  • Melbourne management feel justifiably slighted by what they consider a betrayal after the efforts they have put in and are making noises about the door being that way...

The questions now are whether it's all a storm in a teacup, what the other clubs are willing to offer him above what we did, and whether Mitch will decide that integrity is more important and stick with the sensible offer from Melbourne vs a better but possibly less reasonable offer from elsewhere (read Bombers and Pies).

• Like 4

Roosy looks the most tired and disheveled I've seen him look in that end of season video as he has all season.

Wonder if the Frawley & Clark debacles have got to him and he now realises just how disadvantaged we are as a club.

Free agency is categorically going to ruin us if we don't get better quickly.

this thread grew so quickly, like 100 pages in a matter of days, incredible really, lol!

Considering how disheveled and exhausted all Demons supporters would be feeling after this week, not hard to imagine the coach himself would be fairly tired as well. He's got a much bigger job ahead of him than he probably wanted to believe.

This thread caught me off guard, and it seems like every time I try to catch up, I'm still 20 pages behind.

But for all intents and purposes, is it not fair for Mitch Clark to be considered a standard free agent?

Yes, we have negotiated to have his contract cease.

But now he is not much different to Frawley.

- he's out of contract.

- he's on our list.

- we want to keep him, not delist him (presumably).

- he's looking to go elsewhere.

Obviously he hasn't qualified for typical FA, but considering the circumstances, should we be lobbying for him to be considered one in this case?

I think we'd actually get something bordering on fair compensation as a result.

Compensation not for what we've paid him & output in the past, but rather his potential output in the future, which I personally think is a bit suspect.

Clark and Frawley saga brings back memories of when Barassi left for Carlton. It was so unthinkable as was the sacking of Norm Smith.

Yes, gobsmackingly unthinkable...at least back then we had the consolation of 5 flags in 6 years...

Yes, gobsmackingly unthinkable...at least back then we had the consolation of 5 flags in 6 years...

Those were the days.......... Am I dreaming or can we win another?....sooner rather than later?

Clark and Frawley saga brings back memories of when Barassi left for Carlton. It was so unthinkable as was the sacking of Norm Smith.

Different eras ... Free agency has changed it all....

Ultimately our club over the last 7yrs created a crap environment & players want to taste success... it's the club responsibility to create an environment were by players will want to stay .....Clark will never be right regardless of the club he plays for...

• Like 1

This is not going well for Mitch. He and his manager have alienated a lot of people and lost a lot of good will.

Not a great way to make a comeback with a history of depression . The spotlight will be right on him and the pressure to perform really high.

If he was willing to accept a modest contract initially he would have been in a good position to demand more based on performance later.

• Like 1

Correct Chook. Poor decision making from Clark & manager. He could have taken a modest 1 year contract at melbourne, to effectively see out his original contract term. After that he would have been seen to have 'done his time' and would then be able to sell himself on the market for a much larger contract, still only 27 yo.

Correct Chook. Poor decision making from Clark & manager. He could have taken a modest 1 year contract at melbourne, to effectively see out his original contract term. After that he would have been seen to have 'done his time' and would then be able to sell himself on the market for a much larger contract, still only 27 yo.

Possibly working on the theory that it will all blow over once he is settled into his new club.

It's amazing how forgiving fans can be once you start playing well.

• Like 1

This thread caught me off guard, and it seems like every time I try to catch up, I'm still 20 pages behind.

But for all intents and purposes, is it not fair for Mitch Clark to be considered a standard free agent?

Yes, we have negotiated to have his contract cease.

But now he is not much different to Frawley.

- he's out of contract.

- he's on our list.

- we want to keep him, not delist him (presumably).

- he's looking to go elsewhere.

Obviously he hasn't qualified for typical FA, but considering the circumstances, should we be lobbying for him to be considered one in this case?

I think we'd actually get something bordering on fair compensation as a result.

Compensation not for what we've paid him & output in the past, but rather his potential output in the future, which I personally think is a bit suspect.

Machsy..Im not actually sure Roosy does indeed want Clark. Roos likes to know what he has to play with, prefers consistency etc.. something Mitch unfortunately never had ( and probably wont ).

A lot of Ducks and drakes at the present. I think Roos would prefer the 'value " we might get for Clark in preference to Clark himself.

Paul still has only 2 seasons to whip this lot into shape. Big changes coming

• Like 1

This is not going well for Mitch. He and his manager have alienated a lot of people and lost a lot of good will.

Not a great way to make a comeback with a history of depression . The spotlight will be right on him and the pressure to perform really high.

If he was willing to accept a modest contract initially he would have been in a good position to demand more based on performance later.

Irrespective of the outcome, it really could have been a feel good story but has been handled appallingly. Imagine the football world reporting that after 6 months away he would like to try and come back ( no matter how uncertain of the end result) and he would like to play for us to repay us for the support given to him and his troubled two previous years.

His stocks would have risen immeasurably - even taking away the more lunatic fringe ( mainly on here !) most of the main stream footballing world are not enamored with the perceived direction he and his management have taken.

Again, irrespective of the outcome Mitch, you haven't done yourself any favors.

• Like 1

Irrespective of the outcome, it really could have been a feel good story but has been handled appallingly. Imagine the football world reporting that after 6 months away he would like to try and come back ( no matter how uncertain of the end result) and he would like to play for us to repay us for the support given to him and his troubled two previous years.

His stocks would have risen immeasurably - even taking away the more lunatic fringe ( mainly on here !) most of the main stream footballing world are not enamored with the perceived direction he and his management have taken.

Again, irrespective of the outcome Mitch, you haven't done yourself any favors.

Nutbean I have got to the point that I don't care any longer.

We paid him $2+million for a hand full of games then he retires from the game not just the MFC.

At that point I said to myself dam in March but lets get on with life.

Now he announces he wants to start again and Probably elsewhere.

This is a guy with a very suspect body and mind.

Put our offer to him ( modest I hope ) if he does not want to stay then extract the max. trading value.

But whatever happens MFC please please Play hard ball if it comes to him playing elsewhere.

• Like 5

I thought he was clinically depressed and left the AFL because of the pressure he felt to perform. At least that was the reason quoted at the time.

MFC had shown enormous faith and trust in him, he was paid handsomely (presumably) for limited return, he was handed a #11 jumper proudly by one of the most respected and admired people in the community and given support to recover from his illness.

It is inconceivable that anyone who was genuinely depressed would want to go down the path that is now being suggested. Walking away from the MFC (unless they just don't want him there) for money or finals glory would generate so much additional pressure for him. I think that would be a mistake of epic proportions.

• Like 2

Nutbean I have got to the point that I don't care any longer.

We paid him $2+million for a hand full of games then he retires from the game not just the MFC.

At that point I said to myself dam in March but lets get on with life.

Now he announces he wants to start again and Probably elsewhere.

This is a guy with a very suspect body and mind.

Put our offer to him ( modest I hope ) if he does not want to stay then extract the max. trading value.

But whatever happens MFC please please Play hard ball if it comes to him playing elsewhere.

I like this x 2 :)

Sorry Mitch ...its now about us, not you . We have already given you that time.

• Like 3