GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

Mitch as well as Dunn are paid professionals.( some act more professional than others though) We on the other hand PAY to support them. Maybe players might want to keep that in mind. they want to bloody well respect the jumper and the club it represents and gives them the opportunity to live the dream and be immensely well paid to do so before coming at us.

Some of us would be only to happy to walk out from a keyboard and tell some of these players exactly what we think.

• Like 10

From the FB news item:

Lynden Jerkle Dunn: Some of the comments on here are sickening! It is disappointing that Mitch will be pursuing his AFL career at another club and yes I too am a little disgruntled at the decision. In saying that, I wouldn't wish what happened to Mitch and happens to so many others day in and day out upon anybody. I'm so glad he is well enough to try and pursue his dream of playing footy at the elite level and I will always think of him as a mate. Some comments especially from some demon faithful are distasteful and cowardly but I suppose so long as the few "Keyboard Warriors" have there say and hide behind there screens then life will go on. All the best brother!

Like · Reply · 26 · 3 hrs

Good on Dunn for trying to do the right thing by his mate... but.... I think he's missing the point a bit.

• Like 2

Dunn says he's a little disgruntled but overall it's good for Mitch.

Garland says Frawley going is what's best for him and he's a mate first and a team mate second.

2 of our senior players and better performers of the last 2 years simply don't care when 2 of our top half dozen players leave.

I yearn for the good old days of Beamer giving Brock a send off. No wonder we don't win. The jumper and the club mean nothing to these guys.

• Like 9

Garland says Frawley going is what's best for him and he's a mate first and a team mate second.

2 of our senior players and better performers of the last 2 years simply don't care when 2 of our top half dozen players leave.

I yearn for the good old days of Beamer giving Brock a send off. No wonder we don't win. The jumper and the club mean nothing to these guys.

Well Beamers send off to Brock didn't exactly rocket us up the ladder either.

• Like 2

It (the jumper) never did and probably never will.....hence why Roos has the most important job of working on the culture also.

I don't seem to recall the Adelaide players being so staunch when Tippett left, nor did I notice Hawthorn players being overly friendly to Buddy on Saturday ( Luke Hodge excluded).

• Like 3

Good on Dunn for trying to do the right thing by his mate... but.... I think he's missing the point a bit.

more than a bit.

They live in their little cocooned worlds which often has little to do with that which the everyday punter exists in.

No one is truly wishing anyone ill health or such but what players often seem to conveniently forget as it gets left behind once they join the 'elite' workers of the world is that many of us still hold close to our heart certain values. Many of these are usurped by the professional sportsperson as they adopt mercenary poses.

Supporters , though often is a slightly biased way , apply principles to how they view the club of their choice.. Players, though not all, can seemingly happily junk them for a greener pasture. Supporting as club is invariably a lifetime commitment both of the heart and the wallet. . Players these days are transient often. They might well consider this before criticising.

It's frightening if the mindset of two senior, leadership group players is that leaving for greener pastures is just "the best thing for *insert player name here*". Deadset frightening the message that sends to the rest of the team.

Where did Garland say that about Frawley? You'd almost trade him immediately hearing that kind of sentiment, especially when he's a free agent next year. None of us want a repeat of the Frawley disaster, especially if he starts feeding the " benefits " of moving to other clubs back to his mates at the MFC.

• Like 2

more than a bit.

They live in their little cocooned worlds which often has little to do with that which the everyday punter exists in.

No one is truly wishing anyone ill health or such but what players often seem to conveniently forget as it gets left behind once they join the 'elite' workers of the world is that many of us still hold close to our heart certain values. Many of these are usurped by the professional sportsperson as they adopt mercenary poses.

Supporters , though often is a slightly biased way , apply principles to how they view the club of their choice.. Players, though not all, can seemingly happily junk them for a greener pasture. Supporting as club is invariably a lifetime commitment both of the heart and the wallet. . Players these days are transient often. They might well consider this before criticising.

..or players are human just like you and me, with human feelings and emotions. I'd guess Dunny has more of an insight into Clark's circumstances than you or I...

It's frightening if the mindset of two senior, leadership group players is that leaving for greener pastures is just "the best thing for *insert player name here*". Deadset frightening the message that sends to the rest of the team.

Where did Garland say that about Frawley? You'd almost trade him immediately hearing that kind of sentiment, especially when he's a free agent next year. None of us want a repeat of the Frawley disaster, especially if he starts feeding the " benefits " of moving to other clubs back to his mates at the MFC.

I want the best for Chip ( MFC website no less )

..or players are human just like you and me, with human feelings and emotions. I'd guess Dunny has more of an insight into Clark's circumstances than you or I...

He has a perspective. I have mine. Mines more pragmatic and uncoloured. He is fine to suggest that as a mate but he runs the risk of alienation when he forgets who pays his wage.

• Like 4

FFS... Let it go... Get the best picks/player swap & move on!

Previous mfc mgt are to blame for creating a bad environment.... Frawley wants out fine... He's only 1 player.... Didn't stop hawks winning a flag without buddy!!

We need to build a new list with fresh/renewed players, new culture...

Edited by Hogan2014

more than a bit.

One of the Scott brothers impressed me earlier this year (believe it or not :lol:) when he said that players don't sacrifice anything to play AFL footy, but they invest in their careers. I am not sure that many players understand their privileged position, which often comes through in comments like this.

• Like 1

Jay Clark on Twitter says Cats reckon a second or third rounder should suffice in a trade. I'll take the second rounder and use it on another player like Lumumba. Best we will get out of it I think.

they're 2nd Rnd pick is almost into the 3rdRnd, (currently about P-33) anyway... unless they gather another thru trades??? I think Clark is worth more as a Footballer than P-33.

I have no issue with what Garlo had to say about Frawley and I'm surprised that anyone would.

What's he meant to say exactly? "I spit on him and his grave!!". They're close mates and that friendship extends beyond football. Get real.

If Chip doesn't want to be here, so be it. Garlo has utmost confidence with where the club is going. Most of us do too. That's what matters.

• Like 4

I have no issue with what Garlo had to say about Frawley and I'm surprised that anyone would.

What's he meant to say exactly? "I spit on him and his grave!!". They're close mates and that friendship extends beyond football. Get real.

If Chip doesn't want to be here, so be it. Garlo has utmost confidence with where the club is going. Most of us do too. That's what matters.

Agreed. All AFL players are trained from an early age to "straight bat" all media questions. Some of those that aren't natural in front of the camera (one of which, is certainly Garland) occasionally get a thick outside edge with their responses but nothing should be read into it.

players reading fan forums is pretty dumb :rolleyes:

Nowhere near as dumb as posting on them though.

• Like 1

i never said we weren't dumb :lol:

being mfc supporters it's axiomatic

besides we are stuffed, but we don't want the players to be

I hear you. Players reading some of these threads would suffer psychological damage ... :blink: