GOODBYE MITCH CLARK

Why are people so hostile towards his contract? We can't talk about it without acknowledging and respecting his issue?

There is another issue at play here: the one of a football club struggling for leaders, with a history of poor recruiting and bad luck. Doesn't anyone else want to know, "What next?" Or are we all just going to sit here typing in a circle jerk and one massive crying session.

All the best for the bloke. But I want to know how my club is being compensated. Life goes on. There is a football match to be played.

I'm in the same boat. I wish Mitch nothing but the best. This guy was a beast on the field. I would tell everyone that this bloke is Buddy Franklin except Mitch could take a mark. I thought superstardom awaited MItch. I hope he and his family can move on and be happy. I do not want to know the details of what he is/has been going through. That is his business only. But I do want to know where this leaves the club though.

Edited by cowboy_from_hell
  • Like 3

Funny how I could see this coming from a mile off and yet it's done little to soften the blow. I suppose I was in more than a little denial. I'm shattered for him, the club, and my own dismal morale.

Best of luck Mitch. Hope you find your happy place.

• Like 8

Well if nothing else we can move on now, we can always question what could've been but his long term health is his priority. At the end of the day footy is just a game.

Best of luck to you Mitch, I hope you stick around and support us from afar.

• Like 1

Mitch is a Melbourne man through and through, and for that reason alone I'm proud of him for taking ownership of his illness and making sure he gets himself right for himself and for his family. Takes courage to do it and the man has it in spades. Footy comes last in this situation and I'm glad that he and the club have realised this.

All the best Mitch, you were a shining light in some dark days and you wore the #11 jumper with pride. Cheers.

• Like 1

Good luck for the future Mitch, when you played you gave 100%

You were a great example and a leader of young men.

If you tackle your life's problems with the same determination that you played with I am sure you will succeed and thrive.

You are a big man.

Jimmy #11 would be proud.

Edited by ManDee
  • Like 3

I know Mitch now needs time away. The last thing he needs is to get up in front of people and expose himself further to the world. He needs time with his family and friends so he can start recovering. For that reason, an interview is a big no.
This illness is one that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. You think it will never end. Your perceived failures in life become magnified in your own mind. Everything seems so pointless. You can't concentrate for more than five minutes at a time and forget stuff you would normally be on top of and have ghosted.
My message to Mitch would be that will get better. Now it may seem bleak but it will get better. He would have no reason to believe me but I can guarantee it.

Best luck for the rest of you life Mitch. You will always be welcome at the MFC.

It's been brimming all week but I officially cried when I heard the news.

Thanks for the memories. X

• Like 5

Jurrah ....potential superstar...gone

Clark ......potential superstar ..gone

We must have been all mass murderers in a previous life.

What about Jakovich, Schwarz, Charles and Prymke?

Schwarz was obviously still a star for us, but he would have been a superstar of the competition had his knees been okay.

Prymke may not have been a superstar of the competition but he showed signs of being a dominant key defender before a back injury cut him down.

A back injury also ruined Jako's career, probably the most exciting player I've seen at Melbourne.

It doesn't help a club's bid to produce a superstar when they get career-ending injuries or illnesses.

Best of luck Mitch, we will miss you.

• Like 1

Gutted and heartbroken for so many reasons.

I wish Mitch all the very best in his recovery and his future.

He was a wonderful servant of our club, even though his time with us was far too short.

The punches just keep on coming don't they!

Go get well son. Theres a whole big world out there..

Footy is just footy

• Like 2

Lets just retire the number...for a decade or so

• Like 2

What about Jakovich, Schwarz, Charles and Prymke?

Schwarz was obviously still a star for us, but he would have been a superstar of the competition had his knees been okay.

Prymke may not have been a superstar of the competition but he showed signs of being a dominant key defender before a back injury cut him down.

A back injury also ruined Jako's career, probably the most exciting player I've seen at Melbourne.

It doesn't help a club's bid to produce a superstar when they get career-ending injuries or illnesses.

Best of luck Mitch, we will miss you.

And then the AFL brings in 2 new teams, who get all the picks when you are awful, drops the PP when you qualify and need it and then brings in FA to destroy what's left.

• Like 2