How upset will you be if we finish bottom

Pates

194 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I vote 1 for I could not care less.

Finish last, get Petracca and sit pretty with Frawleys compo.

I was always a fan of our tanking efforts.

Over the years I've seen many sides tank, none better than Collingwood and West Coast.

You can't be serious, we were crap at tanking, we almost got caught. Carlton were much better, an assistant coach admitted it and they still did not get charged.

I prefer the late season list management, which may inadvertently lead to losing the odd game ensuring a better draft pick. (The bottom six sides all do it)

• Like 2

Anyone who voted I don't care probably didn't watch all of the match today.

I am sure that all those who do love the MFC and watched it must feel as sick as I do right now - because WE CARE.

• Like 3

A week ago I thought I'd be livid. After yesterday I am just over it. It doesn't matter if they finish last. Yesterday was breaking point for me. I'm done for the year.

• Like 1

i don't understand the don't cares

the more we lose now at the end of the season the more we damage our brand

the more unattractive we are to enticing players from other clubs

the more we will lose existing membership

the less new members we will attract

the harder it becomes to retain sponsors or get new ones

the more demoralised the playing group becomes

it's imperative we finish the season off with something positive

• Like 4

It really does seem basic logic doesn't it? I guess when you're caught in this loop of always looking to the next year and always looking at draft picks, your level of interest in the NOW tends to fade.

I'm still amazed at the number of people who could state a zero care factor at getting the wooden spoon. It's sad.

• Like 1

Brand already smashed.

Enticing players to play for us has been up to Roos alone after the 2013 Debacle.

The members who signed up after the aforementioned debacle of 2013 are stoic Demons.

The bandwagoners turned off after the WCE game and aren't watching how we limp to the end of the season.

Again, Roos is the drawcard for sponsors after 2013.

The group is damaged, as Roos has said - how they play against Haw, NM, and WCE is more important than where we happen to plop out in the last three at the end of the year. I hope they can develop some of our stoicism and put up a show against these three teams.

You want to finish with something positive - finish the season with some good performances against teams that we have been BLOWN AWAY BY.

I have seen the abject abyss that was 2013 and I came into this season with my eyes wide open - we have improved - there is reason to hope for all concerned but the performance of the team in the last month is far more important than the embarrassment of the spoon.

The TL;DR version:

If you want people to care about the last month of footy - imagine what gets more news/positivity/care factor - a scrappy win over GWS to avoid the spoon or the scrappy performance against Hawthorn this week where we fight and compete and the players give themselves some belief against the best?

I just have the latter ranked above the former - that's all.

• Like 1

rpfc, I think you overestimate the level of interest from many supporters.

It extends to the win/loss column, Jack Watts, and not a hell of a lot further than that.

When they see the wins start to tick over, their interest will pick up. A spirited loss against Hawthorn where we go down by 46 points as opposed to an actual win against another developing club? MANY supporters will be more drawn in by the latter i.e.results.

Edited by P-man
  • Like 1

rpfc, I think you overestimate the level of interest from many supporters.

It extends to the win/loss column, Jack Watts, and not a hell of a lot further than that.

When they see the wins start to tick over, their interest will pick up. A spirited loss against Hawthorn where we go down by 46 points as opposed to an actual win against another developing club? MANY supporters will be more drawn in by the latter i.e.results.

Sadly P-man I don't think you are going to get either.

There is a 100 point loss coming this weekend and we will not beat GWS.

We are in another league compared to the Hawks and The average GWS player has skills way in front of the average MFC player.

Brand already smashed.

Enticing players to play for us has been up to Roos alone after the 2013 Debacle.

The members who signed up after the aforementioned debacle of 2013 are stoic Demons.

The bandwagoners turned off after the WCE game and aren't watching how we limp to the end of the season.

Again, Roos is the drawcard for sponsors after 2013.

The group is damaged, as Roos has said - how they play against Haw, NM, and WCE is more important than where we happen to plop out in the last three at the end of the year. I hope they can develop some of our stoicism and put up a show against these three teams.

You want to finish with something positive - finish the season with some good performances against teams that we have been BLOWN AWAY BY.

I have seen the abject abyss that was 2013 and I came into this season with my eyes wide open - we have improved - there is reason to hope for all concerned but the performance of the team in the last month is far more important than the embarrassment of the spoon.

The TL;DR version:

If you want people to care about the last month of footy - imagine what gets more news/positivity/care factor - a scrappy win over GWS to avoid the spoon or the scrappy performance against Hawthorn this week where we fight and compete and the players give themselves some belief against the best?

I just have the latter ranked above the former - that's all.

the point rpfc is that it is not what you think, it is about what others think/care

when no-one cares it is all over

we know the brand is currently crappy but believe me it can get crappier and we can't afford that

the wooden spoon now after showing some promise by mid season will undo most of any gains

i will be pizzed if we get the spoon, but i won't be going to any necktie parties

the point rpfc is that it is not what you think, it is about what others think/care

when no-one cares it is all over

we know the brand is currently crappy but believe me it can get crappier and we can't afford that

the wooden spoon now after showing some promise by mid season will undo most of any gains

i will be pizzed if we get the spoon, but i won't be going to any necktie parties

Get ready to be pizzed dc

It is in the bag we are only percentage from it now and guess who we play next weekend

Spot on.

Surely if anyone really cares about the MFC - it hurts like hell - I still feel sick after yesterday.

I just cannot accept the I don't cares are genuine supporters.

Just as well AFL is not promotion /relegation - Dees would be in Div 3 if not Div 4 - that would hurt wouldn't it?

Surely if anyone really cares about the MFC - it hurts like hell - I still feel sick after yesterday.

I just cannot accept the I don't cares are genuine supporters.

Accept what you want, but for some of us "hurts like hell" and "finishing some arbitrary number on the ladder" are not joined at the hip.

Put it another way: I'd much rather finish last but not have to sit through yesterday's debacle, than finish a couple of (meaningless) places higher up the ladder, while putting in the shocker that was Sunday afternoon at Etihad.

Our non-performance yesterday says more about where we're at as a club than the ladder position, and THAT's why many of us put "don't care".

• Like 2

Accept what you want, but for some of us "hurts like hell" and "finishing some arbitrary number on the ladder" are not joined at the hip.

Put it another way: I'd much rather finish last but not have to sit through yesterday's debacle, than finish a couple of (meaningless) places higher up the ladder, while putting in the shocker that was Sunday afternoon at Etihad.

Our non-performance yesterday says more about where we're at as a club than the ladder position, and THAT's why many of us put "don't care".

But you were telling me before this number was meaningless anyway.

Which is it? That the amount of people who think finishing last is statistically insignificant so it's not worth reading into? Or is it that they are gifted with foresight and understand this situation than most of us who want the team to win as much as possible?

What you say is correct dc.

So I wont say IDC.

What I will say, is that watching Sunday's sh it has put me into a state on numbed apathy.

• Like 6