• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Is the Tank alive?

PaulRB

Was reading about the Saints and Tigers fighting for the wooden spoon in The Age and it seems odd that the Tigers, a team "on the rise" should now be being speculated to win the spoon... Likewise the Saints, who played finals just 2 1/2 seasons ago (2011).

But then I remembered the Herald Sun article noting that the first two likely draft picks will land big Key Position Forwards (McCartin, Wright).

So I put two and two together and got Tank.

As the only club to have ever been called for tanking, are these clubs doing enough to avoid joining our ignoble ranks?

Edited by PaulRB

Was reading about the Saints and Tigers fighting for the wooden spoon in The Age and it seems odd that the Tigers, a team "on the rise" should now be being speculated to win the spoon... Likewise the Saints, who played finals just 2 1/2 seasons ago (2011).

But then I remembered the Herald Sun article noting that the first two likely draft picks will land big Key Position Forwards (McCartin, Wright).

As the only club to have ever been called for tanking, are these clubs doing enough to avoid joining our ignoble ranks?

Don't you remember - we didn't get done for tanking....we got done for....can someone please remind me ?

• Like 3

I can see the Saints winning. Richmond looked like a team lost against the Swans. Were in it the whole game but never looking like winning. They are very much down on confidence. If the Saints get a 3-4 goal lead they won't blow it.

These sides aren't tanking and won't tank.

There is no priority pick.

St Kilda might fast track kids towards the end of the year, but they need to.

I think the Saints had a real chance to turn their list over in 2011-12, and gain some real quality kids.

In highsight, I think even their captain would agree. Now they have Riewoldt going to waste in their forward line - and they also lack quality talent.

Ross Lyon might a good tactician and game day coach, but his ability to manage a list leaves little to be desired.

Not sure Richmond would tank for Wright or McCartin given how well Vickery turned out.

I think Richmond are in an unfortunate position, in that they have good mids, but by the time their develop a couple of KP players - those mids won't be as effective.

• Like 1

i would like to see Richmond trade some underperforming players for an improved draft position, their list is just simply shithouse

If richmond could gain a couple of picks in the top 5 they could seriously improve their list for the long term

i would like to see Richmond trade some underperforming players for an improved draft position, their list is just simply shithouse

If richmond could gain a couple of picks in the top 5 they could seriously improve their list for the long term

Yes, but they'd need to move Cotchin or lids on for that to happen.

Martin should be their only 'untouchable'.

I'd move on both Lids and Cotchin, they don't add a lot when needed.

They aren't going to take the club to a flag.

Yes, but they'd need to move Cotchin or lids on for that to happen.

Martin should be their only 'untouchable'.

I'd move on both Lids and Cotchin, they don't add a lot when needed.

They aren't going to take the club to a flag.

they won't move on either but if Brisbane offered them pick 1 for either they should take it because McCartin is just what the tigers need.

I wouldn't. I'm happy for them to keep screwing up.

• Like 3

the Tank is currently very Much alive this season...

12 Carltank

13 Wst-Bulldogs

14 GWS

15 Melbourne

16 Richmond

17 Brisbane

18 St-Kilda

* MnM is imo flat out with a bad case of the blues, so far this reason. [Doin another Pies double take 2005] http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_drafts?year=2005&t=N&s=P . There is a re-list reno going on, out princess pool way. They need to replace Waite, & gain some more, as well. I expect them to try to trade as well.

* Bully's hard to tell.

* GWS are bucking this trend.

* We are fluctuating in form a bit.

* Tiggers of old, are like they've been skinned alive. They need assistance. If they were trying to tank they'd probably be 9th again.

* Lions are at a loss, after losing those players last year. They deserve some assistance after the Den was raided.

* The Sainters imo are trying to imitate a 2004 model Pelchen Hawk swooping... http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_drafts?year=2004&t=N&s=P

Edited by dee-luded

Don't you remember - we didn't get done for tanking....we got done for....can someone please remind me ?

NB we got done for thinking about it as I remember. We didn't do anything on game day, no it was that Bails had bad thoughts and didn't choose the best side for game day. Look you best talk to Gillion Mc for the full story, he had to deliver the verdict at the time. And he was less than convincing.

Edited by Earl Hood

St Kilda's whole season has been tanked.

Goddard and (for what it's worth Zac Dawson) gone, then last year Dal Santo and McEvoy. They've watched a bunch of senior players go out the door trying as hard as they can to get as many early draft picks as quick as possible. And who can blame them, it's how the ended up going to consecutive grand finals.

They'd be stupid to put in all that effort to be bad and then have a couple of cheap wins ruin their shot at finding the future key forward they need to replace Riewoldt.

• Like 1

St Kilda's whole season has been tanked.

Goddard and (for what it's worth Zac Dawson) gone, then last year Dal Santo and McEvoy. They've watched a bunch of senior players go out the door trying as hard as they can to get as many early draft picks as quick as possible. And who can blame them, it's how the ended up going to consecutive grand finals.

They'd be stupid to put in all that effort to be bad and then have a couple of cheap wins ruin their shot at finding the future key forward they need to replace Riewoldt.

I reckon they'll (saints) finish 2nd bottom. I don' think they want the spoon. Watch to see the battle of the Lions & the Christians, as soon as they are gapped by the rest of the ladder.

they won't move on either but if Brisbane offered them pick 1 for either they should take it because McCartin is just what the tigers need.

And just what Brisbane need with Jono Brown done and dusted. Can't see it happening, mate.

My concern with Richmond and Carlton down near the bottom is that they'll be able to outbid us for the likes of Shiel and Treloar with their first rounders.

Bad jokes !!!

And just what Brisbane need with Jono Brown done and dusted. Can't see it happening, mate.

My concern with Richmond and Carlton down near the bottom is that they'll be able to outbid us for the likes of Shiel and Treloar with their first rounders.

Carlton are desperate for a Key Tall, imo ahead of mids. They need both, but I would be surprised to see them grab a mid sized player first in this draft. they need support for Henderson. Talls take longer to mature, so I reckon they'll grab an advanced one. imo they'll go Tall first then mids.

We need both as well, but with a Mid first priority, then a KeyTall utility, next.

After that we need runners, with some speed, balance, elite kick, strong decision makers, strong in the air.

# I would be surprised to see Treloar leave GWS, at least at this stage... He's playing with focus & commitment, from the little I saw, a committed player. Shiel looks like he's coasting along. I think he's outa there.

With the way football has evolved the tanking fine seems more and more ridiculous and shows how lacking in spine the administration at the time was for putting up with it. Couldn't imagine Bruce Little from Essendon accepting it - or Peter Jackson for that matter.

With the way football has evolved the tanking fine seems more and more ridiculous and shows how lacking in spine the administration at the time was for putting up with it. Couldn't imagine Bruce Little from Essendon accepting it - or Peter Jackson for that matter.

Paul says "G'day, Bruce."

Taking inspiration from Little seems a tad misguided to me.