GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Anyone watch highlights in the past 6 weeks? Trying not to get injured.

yep. I had no truck with frawley until the last few games when he decided to go through the motions. We needed a leader to show something against gws. He is close to our physically strongest player and he could have decided to impose himself. He chose not to. Stan akves and Greg wells gave everything to the end for the dees and I didn't begrudge them moving in for glory. Big difference Edited by binman
  • Like 4

After watching tonight I am not sure the Cats are that good a destination. I think they are on the slide and a long way short of the Hawks and they are showing their age. There will be some ageing champions not there within 2 years and Chip may not find all that success he craves. If he was early smart he would head north to the Gold Coast

• Like 1

Disappointing, if true. He had me thinking he was a loyal country boy.

What has that crap ever meant though? What? All us city slickers are disloyal?

He's gone. We need to get on with things. I don't blame him for leaving, but he should have come out half way through the season and said he was gone.

Edited by AdamFarr

After watching tonight I am not sure the Cats are that good a destination. I think they are on the slide and a long way short of the Hawks and they are showing their age. There will be some ageing champions not there within 2 years and Chip may not find all that success he craves. If he was early smart he would head north to the Gold Coast

Grass isn't always greener!

• Like 1

I really hope he goes to Geelong.

• Like 1

Perhaps you can read too much in to it but the end of Roosys speech when he said that if you don't want to be a part of it then you know where you can go, well , he said that with some gusto and if it wasn't directed at Frawley it certainly would've made him shift in his chair a bit.

Cant help but think it was a fairly robust discussion at Chip's exit interview.

• Like 8

Anyone watch highlights in the past 6 weeks? Trying not to get injured.

Yes,and his mate at GWS did the same thing.

Dee supporters crucified me when i said this.But the bloke at GWS never held the pill and drew a man,he offlaoded as quickly as possible to avoid contact and not go to a new club with a shirtfull of ribs.

• Like 1

I think Chip will go to Geelong, and I think that will prove to be a mistake, we might well not win a flag in his playing time, but i'm not convinced in any way that Geelong will either, they relied on too few last night and had a lot of passangers, Bartel, Enright, Stevie J and co won't be around forever to prop them up

• Like 1

I thought the same thing about Geelong when Rivers went there but here we are 2 years on and they're still winning and comfortably making finals.

I put it down to a winning culture and easily the best fixture-deal of any club. MASSIVE home ground advantage at Kardinia Park, and not much of a disadvantage (in terms of support) when playing in Melbourne.

His obviously going to a finalist side.. One of the top 4 teams I'd reckon. Think as others have said GC would be his best option.. In all reality Geelong will struggle to win a premiership in his time. He will play finals there but I think there just hanging in there

Chip will be a swan watch this space

Don't think so.

Sheahan, Garry Lyon and plenty of others seemingly in the know are saying the Cats. Don't think he is looking to move interstate.

Also some of the Buddy money kicks in and the Swans will be letting some players go to make room.

Went to Hawks v Cats.

Cats and Hawks both need Frawley.

For Cats releases Taylor to give Hawkins some desperately needed help up forward.

For Hawks Lake will be 33/Gibson who will be 31 in 2015. Of course they could always play Schoey or Fetta as key defenders.

Taylor is not a forward; like many great backs he can drift down there and kick a few from time to time but he is a backman and always will be.

the Cats are fools gold

Worst 17-5 team of all time, fluked about 5 wins

Percentage was around 110, low as hell for a team that won 17 games

They are about to fall off a cliff. I hope Frawley goes there so he can fall off with them

• Like 1

Does it really matter where he goes ?

Couldn't really give a toss. Hes gone/going. Ho hum

Only thing of interest is how we will utilise the compo... thats moving on :)

• Like 6

I would say we as a club have done OK out of free agency. We stuffed up getting Byrnes as it effected our return for Rivers and Moloney but Sylvia was a win for us and if Frawley goes and we get a Band 1 compensation this again will be well overs for Frawley. To get Pick 3 for him gives us every chance to get a deal done for a better players than Frawley.

I sort of agree with you except we can't afford to lose quality players with experience.

Now I know Chip has had an ordinary year by what we expect but his best is quality and its about how we as a club create the environment for players to play at their best.

Then they won't want to leave.

He has a weird obsession with defending the pea-brain and responding to any post that is anti Frawley.

It's a serious amount of topic watching from Nutbean. Not sure if it's impressive, or worrying...

The irony is that if extend the list, you are not far behind.

I have not defended Frawley. I have rather pointed out posters that take extreme positions and let an unpleasant contractual position completely alter reality. Welcome to free agency.

What has that crap ever meant though? What? All us city slickers are disloyal?

He's gone. We need to get on with things. I don't blame him for leaving, but he should have come out half way through the season and said he was gone.

What people seem not to understand is that not everyone has the same approach to life and relationships.

Speaking personally, I think Frawley has a duty of care, not only to himself, but to his current employer and, in this case, to a struggling football club that has had, and continues to have, its back completely against the wall.

That a leader of the club has openly stated that he will not talk to the club until 'the end of the year' in circumstances where he has allegedly spoken to at least one other (much stronger) club is, in my view, pathetic.

That people don't get this perspective also surprises/intrigues me.

• Like 1

Three posters have posted over 100 posts in this thread (g'day nutbean, beelzebub and SPR). Felt I should finally open my account. Have some catching up to do, doubt I'll match nutbean's 152 posts though.

I believe in James.

Edit: Missed my name in the list - had 6 on the board already. Carry on.

You go girlfriend !

seriously, I got to let it go. Never had a problem with opposite points of view. I love a well reasoned debate. I do bite when opinions move into the realms of fantasyland ( the "I know what Roos is thinking behind closed doors"and "we should offer him $200k"). I will gracefully retire from this thread, watch him go to another a club, see us get a pick of some sort and watch posters label him various unsavoury names which the mods will have to delete.

What people seem not to understand is that not everyone has the same approach to life and relationships.

Speaking personally, I think Frawley has a duty of care, not only to himself, but to his current employer and, in this case, to a struggling football club that has had, and continues to have, its back completely against the wall.

That a leader of the club has openly stated that he will not talk to the club until 'the end of the year' in circumstances where he has allegedly spoken to at least one other (much stronger) club is, in my view, pathetic.

That people don't get this perspective also surprises/intrigues me.

Hi Ron,

Agree with you on this, and IMHO Frawley is probably being (ill) advised by his manager who sees in the move a nice little bonus!

(Managers are another topic worth discussing at length one day)!