Selection for Port Adelaide

Sad Dee

And watch us chip it backwards & sideways like Rounds 1 - 3 ?

what makes you think the Alice will be hot? It is in the middle of a desert: in winter deserts are warm during the day and quite cool at night. My guess it will be 17-18 degrees when the game is played and fine. Perfect weather for football full of high marking and strong running. It is imperative that Gawn and Jamar play, and another tall for Dawes. My guess is they will give Fitz another chance as he was good last week in the 2s

Agreed with this

He has 50 years to spend time with his son

Its not worth missing a game of footy over

Now watch the outrage from all the moral warriors on here lol

Nothing to do with being a moral warrior.

It just happens to be absolute idiocy to suggest that the birth of your first born child is "not worth missing a game of footy over".

• Like 10

Agreed with this

No moral outrage. Just perspective

P.S. You think it's a son - have they missed 'the tap' on the scans?

• Like 2

LOL at these type of comments that pop up now and then

i'm tipping undeeterred's job doesn't pay 500K a year and he doesn't have 35,000 people depending on him.. and is probably not in contention for the Brownlow medal.. and is probably not the captain of his organisation

bit silly isn't it to compare Nathan Jones to you or I's pedestrian existence isn't it?

that's scary....it's footy

• Like 1

It just happens to be absolute idiocy to suggest that the birth of your first born child is "not worth missing a game of footy ove

It just happens to be absolute idiocy to suggest that the birth of your first born child is "not worth missing a game of footy over".

They are trying to bait people. Only a troglodyte would put the birth of a first born behind a game of footy.

If they were married I bet they would not share that belief within their own family. If not married, that would explain it.

what makes you think the Alice will be hot? It is in the middle of a desert: in winter deserts are warm during the day and quite cool at night. My guess it will be 17-18 degrees when the game is played and fine. Perfect weather for football full of high marking and strong running. It is imperative that Gawn and Jamar play, and another tall for Dawes. My guess is they will give Fitz another chance as he was good last week in the 2s

Game time is 1:10pm

If I were him and the club told me I had to play footy and miss the birth of my child I'd walk out the door it's not like someone else wont pick him up.

I'd say it will be his choice

50 years to be with his son (or daughter, they do happen)? True, but don't forget there is a mother concerned in the birth . May be a surprise to some. She may like her mate to be there.

• Like 6

50 years to be with your child, FMD we do not know how long we are here, live each day.

I was there for the birth of both of my sons and there is nothing I would put before it. The two greatest days of my life and even if I live long enough to finally see my beloved Dees lift the Premiership Cup, it will never come close to the feeling I had on both those occasions.

• Like 6

50 years to be with your child, FMD we do not know how long we are here, live each day.

I was there for the birth of both of my sons and there is nothing I would put before it. The two greatest days of my life and even if I live long enough to finally see my beloved Dees lift the Premiership Cup, it will never come close to the feeling I had on both those occasions.

Spot on.

I'll also add that I missed the birth of one (of four) of my children through no fault of my own, and it's #1 on my life's greatest regrets. I can't imagine how I'd feel if I had elected to miss it.

Then there's the thought nobody wants to consider: there are plenty of babies that don't live for long after their first breath. And some that don't take one. You just don't know what you could be giving up.

But let's listen to the single blokes tell us that none of that matters if you earn 500k a year.

• Like 9

tumblr_mbxynmsQ7Z1rfu3joo1_400.jpg

I'm only half serious

But you lot with your 'it's only footy' must be having a laugh. Representing the MFC in the AFL is no trivial matter. Particularly if youe are captain of the side looking at 3 best and fairests on the trot. Footy is important. That's why you lot are on this site every day. Let's not pretend Nathan Jones is in the same boat as you cubicle warriors and your midlle management paper shuffling gigs ;)

Edited by Curry & Beer
  • Like 1

Agreed with this

Just out of interest, do you have a child?

FYI, it's a girl.

Everyone's dodging the solution. Induce the girl on the Monday, give Nath most of the week off looking after mum and baby and then he can fly up late and play the game before coming back. Everyone's happy.

If medical induction isn't to the Jones' liking then I say with gather the powers of demonland and pray to the baby knows the right day to come!

Back: Jetta, Dunn, Garland

Half-back: Howe, McDonald, Grimes

Mid: Vince, Viney, Cross

Half-forward: Toumpas, Gawn, Watts

Forward: JKH, Frawley, Pedersen

Followers: Jamar, N. Jones, Tyson

I/C: Terlich, M. Jones, Bail

Sub: Michie

Emer: Riley, Kent, Clisby

Give Salem a rest at Casey so he's rearing to go for QB

Riley played well last week but i feel it'll be him and Michie battling for a place whoever goes best keeps their spot I guess.

I'm actually happy Dawes is out for a week (although i still disagree with the decision), it'll give him a rest so he'll be ready to rip a few pies heads off, kick a bag of 6 i'm predicting

In: Frawley, Jetta, Michie

Out: Riley, Dawes, Salem

Nothing to do with heat or location. All to do with structure. We need a hit up forward to replace Dawes

I was replying to someone who suggested we bring in another runner rather than Frawley.

Not sure what you were reading

Though might explain why his posts are generally no more than about three lines. I had thought it was just that he was articulate, but perhaps he just doesn't have the time to write more.

It's probably more reflective of my depth of thought :)

Time constraints and the nuisance of typing on my phone are what keeps my posts brief these days.

After reading the VFL player review on the MFC website, Jordie Mac would be the only player deemed to be in the mix based on the performances on the weekend.

Dawes - Frawley

Salem - Jetta

Toump to start as the sub.

After reading the VFL player review on the MFC website, Jordie Mac would be the only player deemed to be in the mix based on the performances on the weekend.

Dawes - Frawley

Salem - Jetta

Toump to start as the sub.

Totally agree Steve re Jordie but also how you see them going with their selections.

On the player review it is amazingly critical of players. Blimey. Only three players didn't get a bake - Jordie, Barry and Westrupp (who was in the development league). Also the review of individual players is very specific about what they did wrong and what they need to do to be considered for senior selection (or in some cases get anywhere near the frame for a call up eg Blease and Strauss who by the sounds of it are miles away)

Players in the VFL can be under no illusions about what they have to do to play in the big show.

Link

Edited by binman

Those reviews are tough, no pulled punches. I reckon this was what Roos meant by the mid season Audit.

Many are on notice that they have 13 rounds of footy to justify their place on the list for 2015.

Interesting to see who rises to break into the team, especially given Hogan should be coming through in a month or two...