Campbell Brown sacked!

stuie

. Brown's choices were not hit or get hit. He had a third option to walk or run away and call someone else to make sure May got back in bed safe and with his jaw intact.

I don't consider myself a coward but unless someone else's physical safety is at risk I will look to walk away from fights. You can call me what you like but to punch each other in the head over trivialities never made sense to me.

However Not being a drinker may have something to do with my stance.

Is it reasonable force to break a mans jaw because he shapes up to you? I know May is physically bigger but they are both big boys and Brown is older and probably has more boxing training. No criminal court would probably be interested but what about a civil court?

But the issue here is not whether or not May got what he deserved. It's that it happened. Brown's choices were not hit or get hit. He had a third option to walk or run away and call someone else to make sure May got back in bed safe and with his jaw intact.

As for reasonable force, 2 punches to quell an imminent threat may well be considered reasonable depending on the circumstances. I don't think any of us are in a position to judge, but clearly Brown has accepted responsibility.

As for reasonable force, 2 punches to quell an imminent threat may well be considered reasonable depending on the circumstances. I don't think any of us are in a position to judge, but clearly Brown has accepted responsibility.

There are no circumstances where breaking someone's jaw "may well be considered reasonable".

None.

There are no circumstances where breaking someone's jaw "may well be considered reasonable".

None.

Bizarre statement

If it involves me going home to be with my family in one piece then it is reasonable ... depending on circumstances.

Self defence is a defence for homicide ... depending on circumstances.

So now there are two clubs that will be one player short with their playing lists - Gold Coast (Brown) and Carlton (Duignan). This probably won't be particularly significant unless one or both clubs has a bad run with injuries.

And if they are having a bad run with injuries it's unlikely Brown or Duigan could help. They aren't even specific role players who would be needed by a particular run of injuries ie. ruckman or talls.

By the way Carlton/Duigan picked a great day to leak that story which if put under more scrutiny could be much bigger news. Duigan is effectively quitting the blues and doing it at exactly the worst moment.

Maybe the AFL could allow Brown to fill in for Duigan for the year!

So now there are two clubs that will be one player short with their playing lists - Gold Coast (Brown) and Carlton (Duignan). This probably won't be particularly significant unless one or both clubs has a bad run with injuries.

Read in paper that Duigan may be put on LTIL so that the Poos can upgrade a rookie. Not sure what happens with GC, Vlad may grant them more special concessions, as is his want.

how do you block people in this place?

Go to my profile.

Manage ignore prefs

thanks jabberwocky. this thread now has about 3 posts

I'm just assuming I'm one of them BR. But if I'm not you can't read this so it's all a little futile.

BBO and stu have two week holidays for hijacking yet another thread. Seems I'm having to delete 30+ posts from threads just about every time I log on, getting a tad sick of it.

I know Stuie has a habit of it, but in his defence all he was doing was telling BBO to leave Moon alone.

I don't know if they're all mates, and just play with each other, but it is bloody frustrating reading their in-jokes and belittling each other.

Regardless, thanks Nash. Hopefully clears up some of these threads.

BBO and stu have two week holidays for hijacking yet another thread. Seems I'm having to delete 30+ posts from threads just about every time I log on, getting a tad sick of it.

Woohoo!

I am partial to the odd one liner here and there but the site is being hijacked by just a few narcissistic boofheads.

well i hope they spend their two weeks holiday polishing up on their humour and delivery

fair dinkum, the standards around are slipping

They may require a lttle more time than 2 weeks. The prognosis is not good.

Its Time to go .....

Campbell Brown!

This never gets old.

None.

Agree wholeheartedly - (maybe war should be an exception), but this just shows Brown's upbringing and lack of ability or willingness to negotiate, or even wrestle and restrain......no just go in with the knuckles. Chip off the old block. At least Mal would be proud of the boy.

Good stuff, one more thug removes himself from the scene, and the AFL community is reminded again of what happens if you fail to draw a line on it.

Every time the game gets rid of a gutless sniper it makes a better, safer game for those who have genuine courage.

What's this rubbish about 'he was shaping up to me so it's ok to belt him twice in the face'.

"That man puffed his chest out! PANIC! LAUNCH THE MISSILES!"

That kind of reaction is reserved for the really weak-hearted, the ones who lose their cool as soon as things look dicey. Or, who haven't figured out how to drink yet.