Changes v Bulldogs

Deespicable

OK, I thought I'd get this topic going for last time this season.

I can't see too many changes under Craigy's watch, but at least an extra three players will initially be named given it's a Sunday game.

Obviously Rodan is out and Howey is doubtful, while Col Garland eems to be just trying to get his body through each week.

If you go on the most recent VFL game form (somewhat dubious I know given almost every week Magner is listed as best and does not get a look in) then the players to be considered are big Maxy, Jetta and Magner again.

Rohan Bail (23rd man last week) is also a monte to play.

The other player to consider as an in is Jack Fitzpatrick, who should be over concussion by now.

I know there'll be the usual requests for Taggert, Barry or Tynan to be given a chance, but I can't see that happening now and their form last week doesn't warrant it.

Then there's the problems of being up against a small Dogs forward line, although more recently big Campbell has impressed for them and they also have Grant (laugh!). There's a chance that Jones will be recalled for this game as well after bagging six in magoos last week.

But even assuming they have Campbell, Jones and Grant, they can be all covered by Tom Mc, Frawley and Garland, which means Pedo has no role required - hard to believe they played him last week against the smallest side in comp.

The other player under the pump is Tappy, who again failed to impress as a small forward last week - just six touches.

You could also make a case for Matt Jones and Howey to be dropped because they have looked more and more tired as the season has gone on, but given they've lasted until now, it would be pretty nasty to ditch them for final game.

So my guess, and given that the selectors have been making a habit of doing weird things, it is a major guess is the following.

Out: Rodan (inj), Tapscott.

In: Bail, Fitzpatrick, Gawn, Jetta, Magner

The three who will eventually become emergencies are:

Pedersen (no defensive match-up for him unless Garland is a late withdrawal).

One of Fitzy or Gawn or Spencer (I'm sure that Craigy's not dumb enough to play all three of them. Minson is in form and had 51 tapouts against Gawny last time, so I reckon Spencer is safe)

Magner (Craigy's not about to start worrying about what us Demonlanders think now.)

If Magner is selected for this game, I reckon Casey will be asking for a new alliance.

The MFC don't play him all year even though they have a fifth world midfield. Then come week 1 of the VFL finals, the MFC finally select him and rob Casey of their best player.

The good thing about VFL finals is that we have the double chance, so even if we lose to the top side Geelong this week, there's every chance we can still get them back in the GF.

Apart from getting back Magner for second week of VFL finals, we will also have Spencer and Fitzy and Jetta available.

But having said that i don't think Jimmy Magner will get a game - just listed as emergency to stop us all complaining.

If Magner is selected for this game, I reckon Casey will be asking for a new alliance.

The MFC don't play him all year even though they have a fifth world midfield. Then come week 1 of the VFL finals, the MFC finally select him and rob Casey of their best player.

Sounds just about spot on to me, classic.

FB: Garland Frawley Dunn

HB: Grimes McDonald Terlich

C: Toumpas Jones M. Jones

HF: Kent Dawes Howe

FF: Davey Fitzpatrick Watts

Foll: Gawn McKenzie Viney

Int: Trengove, Sylvia, Barry

S: Tapscott

Out: Rodan, Pedersen, Spencer

In: Gawn, Fitzpatrick, Barry

We owe it to us and the players to play Gawn and Fitzy if he's available and that means Spencer and Pedersen out.

After that it's finding a replacement for Rodan. And whilst Tapscott, Matt Jones and some others haven't done much recently there isn't much at Casey worth bringing up. Tynan and Taggert haven't done enough. Jetta, no thanks. No point playing Magner it doesn't make sense to do it now. So the one I keep thinking about even though he's unlikely to be ready is Barry. He missed a simple shot to win Casey the game apparently but he also rebounded well from injury and has been building all season.

This might be considered racists as well but with Davey playing his last game (and they better give him a whole match) why not give a young indigenous guy a game with his mentor.

Don't really care much now, last weeks selections were the final straw.

To be fair, Rodan was looking an inspired selection up until he got injured. But point taken.

I'd be happy to see either of Jetta or Taggert given a run but really don't care either way at this point.

In -

Gawn, Barry, Fitzpatrick

Out -

Pedersen, Spencer, Rodan,

We owe it to us and the players to play Gawn and Fitzy if he's available and that means Spencer and Pedersen out.

After that it's finding a replacement for Rodan. And whilst Tapscott, Matt Jones and some others haven't done much recently there isn't much at Casey worth bringing up. Tynan and Taggert haven't done enough. Jetta, no thanks. No point playing Magner it doesn't make sense to do it now. So the one I keep thinking about even though he's unlikely to be ready is Barry. He missed a simple shot to win Casey the game apparently but he also rebounded well from injury and has been building all season.

This might be considered racists as well but with Davey playing his last game (and they better give him a whole match) why not give a young indigenous guy a game with his mentor.

Agree 100% with those changes

I agree apart from Barry. Leave him in twos and given the Bulldogs lack of height I would leave Spencer in and play Watts through the midfield and Have Gawn, Dawes, and Fitzy up forward and sharing ruck duties

I prayed to a number of GODS for Melbourne to kick some Dogs Butt. But I was told the GODS still favour the Dogs because of some dude called Norm Smith.

• Like 1

In Jetta, Fitzpatrick

Out Rodan, Pederson

Jetta Frawley Garland

Terlich McDonald Dunn

Trengove Jones Toumpas

Howe Watts Kent

Davey Dawes Fitzpatrick

Spencer Sylvia Viney

M Jones Grimes McKenzie

Tapscott

Like our last game against the dogs take the shackles off and just attack, make it an entertaining game I don't care if we lose but I would love to see a 15 goal plus game again

I HOPE the MFC "brainstrust" don't decide to stop 1-2 emergencies from playing with Casey. Let all 3 emergencies play.

In these days of subs it potentially makes sense. Play 3 emergencies and let 1 only play 3/4 or even 1/2 and they can be sub the next day. Although you don't want to be caught short in the AFL, not a good look for a professional team

I HOPE the MFC "brainstrust" don't decide to stop 1-2 emergencies from playing with Casey. Let all 3 emergencies play.

I doubt if there are brains, or trust, in our club at this time.

Guest Spirit of 39

I was informed by a pretty reliable source that Rory Taggert will not debut this week and will be the emergency. Pretty disappointing if correct.